Halo 3 for XBox 360 $20 after $40 MIR @ fye B&M

GMan4911

CAGiversary!
Subject line says it all.

Purchase between 12/25/07 and 01/16/08. Rebate must be postmarked by 02/16/08.

In case you're not familiar with FYE rebates:

The UPC code printed on the yellow price sticker is acceptable as proof of purchase.

Make a copy of all rebate materials (the entire price sticker/UPC, rebate form, receipt).

Staple all rebate materials together.

Your rebate should show up at www.fyerebates.com in about 2 weeks.

If it does not show up within 2 or 3 weeks, or it shows up as invalid, follow up with an email or phone call. They will have you fax in the rebate materials.

You should get the rebate in 10-12 weeks.

According to the rebate form, the rebate for this offer will be in the form of a prepaid Visa card. Be aware that monthly fees of $3 will be applied after the first 6 months until the balance reaches $0.

I believe this deal is only when you buy an xbox 360 system AND the game. Hey, i'd love to be wrong, but i don't think I am. Coulda been that the OP got a deal from a clueless employee who gave him the rebate. YMMV, methinks.

[quote name='slavefive']I believe this deal is only when you buy an xbox 360 system AND the game. Hey, i'd love to be wrong, but i don't think I am. Coulda been that the OP got a deal from a clueless employee who gave him the rebate. YMMV, methinks.[/quote]
You'd be wrong. :) The deal was posted and confirmed on SD and FW.
SD has a copy of the rebate form. Linky

[quote name='slavefive']Nice. Never been happier to be wrong. Hey, what's SD and FW?[/quote]

Slickdeals and Fatwallet. They are other deal sites, but not specifically gaming-oriented.

I picked up the last regular edition of Halo 3 at my local FYE. Had a $10 MIR sign above it, however at the register it printed out the $40 MIR - score. Then after leaving FYE and making my way out of the mall I witnessed my moment of zen. A man sitting in one of those $3 for 3 minutes Shiatsu massage chairs speaking/yelling angrily into his cell phone as he was experiencing his "relaxing" massage. Ahhh, sweet irony.

Edit: I originally bought Halo 3 when BB had their $4.99 for 1600 Microsoft points promo when you bought Halo 3 (picked up 3x the $4.99 points by doing the online purchase w/ instore pickup) - didn't care for the game too much, sold the game to a friend for $40, now repurchasing for $20 after rebate. It might be worth it, I'll have to think about it (only enjoyed 1 of the online games for this), otherwise I'll throw it up while it is sealed onto ebay with a sealed Halo 3 Strategy guide (got at BB for $4.99 - they reduced them to $9.99 and I used a $5 off any strategy guide coupon - now expired). Either way I guess I get a reduced price copy of the game or flip for a profit.

interesting. there was a sign at my fye that a 360 system purchase was required to get halo3 for $20. sounds like a mistake that the rebate form is ringing up for halo3 itself?

[quote name='autche']I picked up the last regular edition of Halo 3 at my local FYE. Had a $10 MIR sign above it, however at the register it printed out the $40 MIR - score. Then after leaving FYE and making my way out of the mall I witnessed my moment of zen. A man sitting in one of those $3 for 3 minutes Shiatsu massage chairs speaking/yelling angrily into his cell phone as he was experiencing his "relaxing" massage. Ahhh, sweet irony.

[/QUOTE]

Now that is really funny! :D

I may just grab Halo 3, because I do miss it since getting rid of a bunch of Halo 3s (including my own copy) over at Gamestop to help promote my profits at Blockbuster a couple weeks ago. . .

I'm thinking about getting two actually. I'll fill out one form for me and one for my sister (lives in another city). One of the Halo 3 games will get put on Ebay and sold for hopefully $45 plus shipping (at least $40 plus shipping, right?). Once I get both $40 checks ($80), I will have managed to grab my own Halo 3 for free (or pretty close to it).

I'm heading out right now to go pick a copy up at my local FYE. Anyone know the usual turn around time on FYE rebates?

[quote name='CocoJr']I'm heading out right now to go pick a copy up at my local FYE. Anyone know the usual turn around time on FYE rebates?[/quote]

Never, in my experience. :roll:

[quote name='CocoJr']I'm heading out right now to go pick a copy up at my local FYE. Anyone know the usual turn around time on FYE rebates?[/QUOTE]

Took about eight weeks when I did the RE4Wii edition one...

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']they only make HALO 3 for the 360...

really good deal...if the rebate goes through and you actually get the money back.[/quote]

Good point, I wasn't sure if it had come out on PC or not.

I will never do FYE rebates again. I sent in *3* rebates, following their orders exactly, even using seperate envelopes because that's what they require. How many rebates actually went through? 1.

One rebate was rejected because I "sent in the wrong receipt," and then clarified saying that the UPC was for Meet the Parents on DVD. That's not even what I bought.

The second rebate was rejected because of "rebate fraud." No further explanation. Just fraud.

The third rebate I got about 4 months after sending it in. And it was the cheapest one, with a whopping check of $4.

Yeah, yeah, I guess it could be my fault for not making copies of all the forms. But I've done dozens and dozens of rebates ranging from $3 to $400 and I've never had a problem except at FYE.

O Cool Ill Be Buying a Secound Copy Here then For Someone.
FYE Is Very Relable To I Buy Alot of Game and Music Cd from them.

Has anyone else read their rebate form yet? At the bottom I read that any rebates over $19.99 will be issued in the form of a Visa prepaid card ($40 > $19.99 obviously). There is a $3 a month maintenance fee - WHICH THE FIRST 6 MONTHS ARE WAIVED. The Visa prepaid card is not redeemable for cash withdrawal at any cash-dispensing location - etc. etc. Odd that they send a prepaid Visa, which anyone can use (bigger potential for fraud) as opposed to a good old fashioned check that any bank would require a photo ID to cash. Not to mention that I'm sure that Visa gets paid by them to use their prepaid cards. This will be a first for me. I do intend to send my rebate with delivery confirmation and/or possibly a return receipt.

first the halo 3 legendary for $50 at walmart, then $60 for the collector's edition, now this. hard not to laugh at the people that paid full retail at launch :lol:

[quote name='iamthekiller']first the halo 3 legendary for $50 at walmart, then $60 for the collector's edition, now this. hard not to laugh at the people that paid full retail at launch :lol:[/quote]

Especially the people who bought the Legendary edition. Microsoft is straight up giving them the bird with these price drops.

I just want to make sure that this deal most definitly ends on the 16th, becuase I dont want to make a drive up to fye and find out they no longer have the $40 rebate, really amazing deal though i cant wait to take advantage of this next weekend

[quote name='ZKRefleX']I just want to make sure that this deal most definitly ends on the 16th, becuase I dont want to make a drive up to fye and find out they no longer have the $40 rebate, really amazing deal though i cant wait to take advantage of this next weekend[/quote]

If you're worried about a drive, you should probably check with the store. Honestly, this should probably be a YMMV as some stores aren't doing the rebate and other stores don't even have any video game stock. I got shot down at 2 different stores on this deal.

Thank you ill definitly do that, I know for a fact my fye has games, and i thought the rebate was present at all fyes, thank you for enlightening me.

bread's done
Back