Halo 3 Forge copied Little Big Planet?

SAGExSDX

CAGiversary!
I have a delusional friend - we'll call him AsianStyle - who won't come out and say he's a sony fanboy. anyway he's alleging that Forge was added to Halo 3 after seeing Little Big Planet's customizability.

obviously i think he's a moron. but anyone have any sort of evidence for against this? as a developer i know that that sort of thing isn't something you just tack on so late in the development cycle, especially for such an integral project as Halo 3.

Forge is absolutely nothing like LBP (neither is Halo 3, for that matter). Forge only allows you to move around items (that are already movable by hitting, grenading, etc), spawn points, and objectives.

Also: Forge is named after the Map Editor from Marathon... which I'm pretty sure was released before people were talking about little big planet :p

anyway that said i do think that Little Big Planet is going to be a great game. tho i think halo 3's forge is going to pull off great legendary things. =)

What's the point of this question?

There's a high chance that it has nothing to do with LBP, since user-created stuff has been a staple of the PC world since forever (and a staple of console gaming since the release of Timesplitters 2 at the least). However, just for the sake of argument, lets say they did. Then what? Is Halo 3 any less of game? Is Sony in any higher place than last? Does this suddenly make the PS3 a better gaming system than 360?

yeah, it's a complete rip off. Halo is that game with 4 little spartans running around cooperating on menial tasks involving everyday objects on a micro level, right?

bread's done
Back