Halo 3 FREE from microsoft with purchase of 360

kjauburn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/promotions/buyxboxgethalo.htm?WText.camp=Games&WText.campSrc=RSS

Read the Requirements Below! New Live Account and purchase made between 11/21 and 12/21.

UPDATED: WARNING THEY CHANGED THE REQUIREMENTS! Below is the orginal promotion posting from this morning. The site now states you have to be a original xbox owner with paid live account and convert to xbox live gold account after purchasing new 360. Why the hell are you going to offer a promotion to a small portion of leftover holdouts? Crazy...

Published November 16, 2007
If you're more than ready for Halo® 3, but still have an older console, here's the plan for you. Buy your Xbox 360® before December 21, 2007 and we will give you a copy of Halo 3*. Finish the fight in high definition, with new weapons and challenges. Join three friends in Campaign mode, or get an Xbox LIVE® Gold subscription for sixteen-person multiplayer action.
ilmH3_MP_TsavoHighway3p05.jpg

Free Halo 3? It doesn't get any better than that.
Here's How to Get Your Halo 3 Game
  1. Buy an Xbox 360 console by December 21.
  2. Connect to Xbox LIVE.
  3. Register HERE with promotional code XBX7777, your new console serial number, and a valid mailing address.
  4. And look for your copy of Halo 3 for Xbox 360 in your mailbox!
Get Halo 3 free. Buy your Xbox 360 today!
(*Online offer valid in the 50 United States, D.C., and all United States military bases with valid APO/FPO bases. Offer expires 23:59 hr (PST) December 21, 2007. You must purchase a new Xbox 360 system between November 21, 2007, and December 21, 2007, establish a new Xbox LIVE Account, then register on the promotion website on or before December 21, 2007. Hard drive, Windows Live™ ID, and high speed Internet access required for Xbox LIVE account. (See Xbox LIVE system requirements at www.xbox.com/live.) Limit: one offer submission per person. Xbox 360 Halo 3 game will be fulfilled through mail by January 18, 2008. Fulfillment requires a valid mailing address. Not combinable with other Microsoft offers or rebates. Proof of purchase required.)

whoa, pretty sweet for people getting a 360 this holiday season...you could end up w/a system, marvel, forza, and halo 3...not too shabby!!

Hey I never registered my console and have had it for 8 months! Since you dont need a reciept for this deal do you think this might work if I register on the first day???

[quote name='killbot13']I was gonna ask the same thing, they don't require a receipt so as long as you register before Dec 21 ...[/quote]

and heck if i need to make a new live account I'll do that for a free copy of Halo 3!!!

[quote name='XxSmityxX']and heck if i need to make a new live account I'll do that for a free copy of Halo 3!!![/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, might have to do the same.

[quote name='XxSmityxX']Hey I never registered my console and have had it for 8 months! Since you dont need a reciept for this deal do you think this might work if I register on the first day???[/QUOTE]
I think they can find out when the Xbox was bought by your serial number. So since you are entering the serial number i doubt it would work.

[quote name='DomLando']I think they can find out when the Xbox was bought by your serial number. So since you are entering the serial number i doubt it would work.[/quote]

Well I'm still gonna try it and see what happens! I need to register anyways before my system RROD's (crosses fingers, knocks on wood) :lol:

so by joining live does that mean you have to purchase the gold membership or do you only need to use the free silver?

Damn.. I just got my xbox in last week (getting it for xmas) I would of waited to get halo 3 for free.... (actually I just got a copy of halo3 for free form your360games.com) but I would of gotten a different game. oh well.

thanks for the heads up, this will hopefully deter people form buying their Xboxes until next week (rules say you need to buy it between november and december 21st, and need to log into Xbox live before the 21st).

sort of sucks for parents who get their kid a 360 during the tiem frame, but they won't login til dec25th.

[quote name='XxSmityxX']Hey I never registered my console and have had it for 8 months! Since you dont need a reciept for this deal do you think this might work if I register on the first day???[/quote]

NVM.....

Limit: one offer submission per person. Xbox 360 Halo 3 game will be fulfilled through mail by January 18, 2008. Fulfillment requires a valid mailing address. Not combinable with other Microsoft offers or rebates. Proof of purchase required.)

OP please put that in your steps...

[quote name='killer9']i read the fine print it says proof purchase required what does that mean a receipt[/quote]

I would think so but does it say where to mail the proof of purchase?

I bought mine in mid august but its with the new HDMI so i dont really think they can tell because i could have bought it from a store that was overstocked.

i registered and it said to expect my halo 3 sometime before january 18th 2008 lol

turn it around for a good 40-50 buck profit off ebay

read the rules carefully...

doesn't look like that great of a deal after all.. you have to buy the after november 21st (next week) and sign on to xbox live before dec 21st (so that means x-mas gifts won't work)

so anyone who just bought an xbox is out of luck.... sort of shitty on M$'s behalf, but thats what they are known for.

they know when (roughly) your system was purchased. when mine rrod'd, i hadn't registered yet, but while doing so over the phone during the repair setup, they were able to tell me right then if i was in-warranty or not (this was when the warranty was only for a year, so it was more relevant then).

[quote name='AssaultMonkey']I bought mine in mid august but its with the new HDMI so i dont really think they can tell because i could have bought it from a store that was overstocked.

i registered and it said to expect my halo 3 sometime before january 18th 2008 lol

turn it around for a good 40-50 buck profit off ebay[/QUOTE]

If it isn't valid until Nov. 21st, I wonder why it let you register already.......

OH ****! LOL, i didnt realize that it didnt start yet.

well, anyway it also says that it needs to be a new live account so im sure i wouldnt have qualified anyway

darn, if only i dont have halo 3 yet, i might just bought a second console for running backup literally.

Nice deal but this really stinks for me, since I just bought my Elite on the 2nd, and others who rushed in on the Elite + M:UA/F2 combo. I jumped in and registered before finding out about the Nov 21st start date.

For those who were wondering whether if their "unregistered" consoles would be eligible, I believe you are out of luck. I've noticed that whenever you buy a console or portable, the sales person always scans the serial number barcode along with the SKU. For myself, I saw it happen when buying my Wii and DS Lite, both on separate occasions.

Why, you may ask, do they do that? One reason may be to prevent stolen consoles/portables from being resold or returned at a different location (without a receipt needed to Walmart, for example). These policies obviously extend beyond gaming consoles. I'm sure everything sold with a manufacturer serial number on it is going to be subject to this process as well.

[quote name='Drnick']read the rules carefully...

doesn't look like that great of a deal after all.. you have to buy the after november 21st (next week) and sign on to xbox live before dec 21st (so that means x-mas gifts won't work)

so anyone who just bought an xbox is out of luck.... sort of shitty on M$'s behalf, but thats what they are known for.[/quote]

What? How can anyone complain about this at all? They are giving away their flagship game FOR FREE and the window of opportunity isn't to your liking? Give me a break. :roll:

so anyone who just bought an xbox is out of luck.... sort of shitty on M$'s behalf, but thats what they are known for.[/quote]

you are retarded

so anyone who just bought an xbox is out of luck.... sort of shitty on M$'s behalf, but thats what they are known for.[/QUOTE]
c'mon, $60 retail game for FREE ontop of 2 free games bundled in w/pro or elite. Thats the best I have seen M$ do in a while.

Awesome deal if someone combines it with the Toys'R'Us deal.

The TRU deal is 360 Arcade + 50% off any game. That'll be about a $90 in savings (Assuming you bought a game that is $60 at 50% off.

[quote name='LOC_Fchaos']Hm... I'm getting a refurb console (RROD) in a few weeks... I wonder if it'll work for me. :O[/QUOTE]

A bit off topic but....

If your refurb is from M$ repair (like mine) give them a call. After calling in a repair (mine rrod only 6 days aftyer coming back from repair) they sent me to a supervisor for an 'item' to help compensate for the reapir time. I was offer several things (extra controller, vision camera, PGR3, viva pinata, a third game I don't remember). I have all those (except the camera which I don't want) so the supervisor asked me to hang on a sec. When he came back he offered me Halo 3 which I took. It probably depends on the repair rep you get and how you treat them (I actually held my temper this time :) ) but it's worth a shot.

I already got the game, now just have to wait for the console to come back. Thank god for Super Mario Galaxy to play until then.

Oh yea, I'll let my brother know when he get his paycheck ready. I have 3 original coupons with 2 coupons each! I know sound stupid but what is layaway mean?

bread's done
Back