Halo 3 FREE from microsoft with purchase of 360

kjauburn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/promotions/buyxboxgethalo.htm?WText.camp=Games&WText.campSrc=RSS

Read the Requirements Below! New Live Account and purchase made between 11/21 and 12/21.

UPDATED: WARNING THEY CHANGED THE REQUIREMENTS! Below is the orginal promotion posting from this morning. The site now states you have to be a original xbox owner with paid live account and convert to xbox live gold account after purchasing new 360. Why the hell are you going to offer a promotion to a small portion of leftover holdouts? Crazy...

Published November 16, 2007
If you're more than ready for Halo® 3, but still have an older console, here's the plan for you. Buy your Xbox 360® before December 21, 2007 and we will give you a copy of Halo 3*. Finish the fight in high definition, with new weapons and challenges. Join three friends in Campaign mode, or get an Xbox LIVE® Gold subscription for sixteen-person multiplayer action.
ilmH3_MP_TsavoHighway3p05.jpg

Free Halo 3? It doesn't get any better than that.
Here's How to Get Your Halo 3 Game
  1. Buy an Xbox 360 console by December 21.
  2. Connect to Xbox LIVE.
  3. Register HERE with promotional code XBX7777, your new console serial number, and a valid mailing address.
  4. And look for your copy of Halo 3 for Xbox 360 in your mailbox!
Get Halo 3 free. Buy your Xbox 360 today!
(*Online offer valid in the 50 United States, D.C., and all United States military bases with valid APO/FPO bases. Offer expires 23:59 hr (PST) December 21, 2007. You must purchase a new Xbox 360 system between November 21, 2007, and December 21, 2007, establish a new Xbox LIVE Account, then register on the promotion website on or before December 21, 2007. Hard drive, Windows Live™ ID, and high speed Internet access required for Xbox LIVE account. (See Xbox LIVE system requirements at www.xbox.com/live.) Limit: one offer submission per person. Xbox 360 Halo 3 game will be fulfilled through mail by January 18, 2008. Fulfillment requires a valid mailing address. Not combinable with other Microsoft offers or rebates. Proof of purchase required.)

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Oh yea, I'll let my brother know when he get his paycheck ready. I have 3 original coupons with 2 coupons each! I know sound stupid but what is layaway mean?[/quote]

Layaway is when you tell the retailer - "I want this product but I do not have the money right now" So they "lay" the item "away" (typically in the back) until you pay it off. How you pay it off depends on the store, and sometimes stores charge for putting stuff on layaway.

-- Oxygen

ok, let me rephrase for those who think I"m "retarded".

I bought an xbox last week, so I'm not eligible, part of it is sour grapes on my part.

2nd, I'm SURE M$ is going to advertize the hell out of this promo, (which they should!) but I think a lot of parents will go out and buy a 360 for their kids for X-mas but not realize that they have to open the package, set up the xbox, and sign up for xbox live before the 21st of december so they can get the free game.

all and all, not a bad deal... but just not as great as it could of been. (I mean, come on, M$ isn't doing this out of the kindness of their hearts.. they are doing it to to sell 360's for the holiday season, I just feel a lot of people will be disappointed when they buy a 360 for the free game, and then find out they can't give it to their kid for x-mas and get the free game, they have to do all the stuff BEFORE x-mas to get the game)

just my 2 cents, I don't care if you agree with me or not

Sweet deal! I'm buying a 360 for my little brothers Thanksgiving weekend so if Mircosoft isn't too lax with their deliveries it looks like they'll be getting another gift from me. Plus, gives me an excuse to open their present and "test it out."

[quote name='xdudeboy']Awesome deal if someone combines it with the Toys'R'Us deal.

The TRU deal is 360 Arcade + 50% off any game. That'll be about a $90 in savings (Assuming you bought a game that is $60 at 50% off.[/QUOTE]
when does that deal start?

[quote name='Oxygen']Layaway is when you tell the retailer - "I want this product but I do not have the money right now" So they "lay" the item "away" (typically in the back) until you pay it off. How you pay it off depends on the store, and sometimes stores charge for putting stuff on layaway.

-- Oxygen[/quote]

Thanks Oxygen, I always have the money on time! ;)

hmm...my boyfriend bought an xbox a couple weeks ago, with forze and marvel ultimate alliance. hasn't put it on live yet. it's be nice for him to save $60 and get it for free. :D

I have a 20% Kmart coupon that lists the 21st as the last day. I might try to use that coupon, with the gift cards, and this offer to get a 360 + Halo 3 for $250. That would be perfect!

Hey so just a little question here...

I have a 360, and am going to be taking it back to redeem my PRP from Best Buy, so when I get the new system and login with my already created Gamertag I just register the new system?

Well now the site says it's only for those who have existing original Xbox Live accounts. That sucks if that's the case. How many people still have paid Live accounts for the first Xbox really?

They totally just changed the terms of the deal. Compare the text in the OP to the text on the linked page. This is now only good for people who have a Live account on the original Xbox and migrate it to the 360. At least I'm no longer bumming about buying a 360 yesterday and missing out on the deal.

I'm a huge fan of completely planning something out before offering it to the consumer...and it's obvious they didn't. Lame.

OK I'm getting creative here cause I was hyped for this deal:

I used to have an xbox live account, but obviously i haven't used it for 2 years.
Can I re-sign up now with my old gamertag, buy the 360, convert the membership to live gold, and get the game?
I remember you could do all your account stuff on the phone, so maybe you don't even need an xbox to sign up for live?

Now that I'm thinking about it though, they probably don't even offer original xbox live subscriptions anymore. This is such a bummer.

[quote name='hidden2u']OK I'm getting creative here cause I was hyped for this deal:

I used to have an xbox live account, but obviously i haven't used it for 2 years.
Can I re-sign up now with my old gamertag, buy the 360, convert the membership to live gold, and get the game?
I remember you could do all your account stuff on the phone, so maybe you don't even need an xbox to sign up for live?

Now that I'm thinking about it though, they probably don't even offer original xbox live subscriptions anymore. This is such a bummer.[/quote]
Well, you could sign up on an original xbox and then buy the 360 and migrate it to the 360, but wasn't there a stipulation about the length of time you've had the original subscription? Also, I don't think you can get your old gamertag back. At least, I was unable to. I had JDawgg76 using a 3 month trial on my original xbox. I let it expire and about ten months later I got a 360. No matter what I tried I could not recover the old gamertag and was told by MS that since the tag hadn't been used for 6 months that it was unrecoverable and not usable by a new account either.

Drag out the old Xbox.
Buy at least a 1 month Xbox live card
Create a NEW gold account on Xbox BEFORE OR ON NOV 20TH

then follow the rest of the instructions.

1. Buy an Xbox 360 console between November 21 and December 21, 2007.
  2. Convert your current paid Xbox LIVE account to an Xbox LIVE Gold subscription.
  3. Register here between November 21 and December 21, 2007 with promotional code XBX7777, with your new console serial number, and a valid mailing address.
  4. Look for your copy of Halo 3 in your mailbox!

Well I don't even have an original Xbox. This deal went from justifying my wait for a 360 to worthless.

[quote name='Tyrannical']Drag out the old Xbox.
Buy at least a 1 month Xbox live card
Create a NEW gold account on Xbox BEFORE OR ON NOV 20TH

then follow the rest of the instructions.

1. Buy an Xbox 360 console between November 21 and December 21, 2007.
  2. Convert your current paid Xbox LIVE account to an Xbox LIVE Gold subscription.
  3. Register here between November 21 and December 21, 2007 with promotional code XBX7777, with your new console serial number, and a valid mailing address.
  4. Look for your copy of Halo 3 in your mailbox!
[/QUOTE]

Thats certainly a pain in the butt... But I'm tempted since I still have my Green Halo Xbox (what can I say, slow to sell it) and I've been looking for a 360.

[quote name='killer9']well the 360 deal is dead dont own an original xbox so i would save money buying halo 3 on my own[/quote]

You shouldn't even need to use your own xbox. Just create an account using a pre-paid gold card, then migrate it.

I wonder how many people can pull this deal off.

It's cool MS is giving away some copies of Halo 3 but the amount of people who can get this I feel is really small.

I have an old xbox with an account that's still active until 2008. My question is that a few months back I transferred it over to a 360, sold my 360, but I still have the old xbox with the account. Do you think I can transfer it over to a new xbox and still get this deal?

wow, I was bitching about this offer BEFORE they changed it.. now it just totally sucks... I'll take an apology from the D-bag who called me retarded before....

thanks a lot M$

eh...its kinda a smart move by microsoft...offer halo 3 for free to the people with an original xbox and halo 2 who havent jumped yet and force them to do it before xmas that way all they will be asking for xmas is xbox 360 games...just seems like a tactic to try to be the #1 selling console this season...they have already made more than enough money on Halo 3 and can afford to give out some free copies....seriously....whats the percentage of gamers who are a fan of the Halo series who own an xbox 360 and don't have Halo 3 yet? I only know of one of my friends with an xbox 360 who didnt buy Halo 3

[quote name='Drnick']wow, I was bitching about this offer BEFORE they changed it.. now it just totally sucks... I'll take an apology from the D-bag who called me retarded before....

thanks a lot M$[/quote]
well, this is still better than nothing, even if only a small percentage of people can take advantage of it. They already dropped the premiums price by 50, included forza and marvel, hdmi, and better hardware. I dont know what else you non 360'ers are waiting for.

so im not going to apologize

[quote name='Switchblade232']sweet, buy a 360 from BB, for 350 get Guitar Hero 2, Halo 3, Pro system, Forza 2 and Marvel.[/QUOTE]

It's been confirmed that you can get GH2 with the 260's that come with the 2 free games?

If so, I'll be definitely picking one up on Black Friday.

[quote name='mastermind']It's been confirmed that you can get GH2 with the 260's that come with the 2 free games?

If so, I'll be definitely picking one up on Black Friday.[/quote]

260? Microsoft is releasing another fucking SKU!??!?!

;)

New requirements are terrible. And to think I'm buying a 360 next week most likely, and would have liked Halo 3 (not buying that quite yet...)

[quote name='mastermind']It's been confirmed that you can get GH2 with the 260's that come with the 2 free games?

If so, I'll be definitely picking one up on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

The ad's been out for a week or two already. Where have you been? Free Guitar Hero 2 bundle w/ Xbox 360. Wouldn't count on that lasting very long, though.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']well, this is still better than nothing, even if only a small percentage of people can take advantage of it. They already dropped the premiums price by 50, included forza and marvel, hdmi, and better hardware. I dont know what else you non 360'ers are waiting for.

so im not going to apologize[/QUOTE]

well, if your no man enough to apologize you should, at the very least, pick up a copy of Websters and re-read the definition of retarded..

PS. Marbury sucks, Go Celtics!

I live in a smaller town, and will be traveling to a larger city to do some Black Friday shopping. I looked at bfads.com, but I must have overlooked the 360 deal. I might have to jump on this, even though I'm a little weary of getting a RROD.

Wow and I bought and original Xbox in August but have been resisting the urge to go Gold since it's so old, now I have a reason. Since I already have a gamertag (I play on other people 360s (yes that's lame (and yes, I just put parentheses into parentheses))) I'll just sign up my little brothers for their 360 they're getting for Xmas. Still a free game for me, although a bit more work than originally required.

The following statement is made with the asumption people who have an original XBox have the monetary ability to buy a new system ...

If you don't take advantage of this and dump Halo 2 for a new 360 with 3 free games, one of which is Halo 3, then you're a fucking idiot.

think it will work if i have already taken my account from the original xbox and put it on a 360 before?

[quote name='Drnick']well, if your no man enough to apologize you should, at the very least, pick up a copy of Websters and re-read the definition of retarded..

PS. Marbury sucks, Go Celtics![/QUOTE]

If you're going to tell someone to correct their english, then make sure you're right in your own. ("if YOUR no man")

This is a deal for the lower income segment who aren't dependent on christmas gifts. Mommy and Daddy are more than able to buy halo 3 at full price and this allows microsoft to take advantage of both markets at their peak price points.

[quote name='BULL_Ship']If you're going to tell someone to correct their english, then make sure you're right in your own. ("if YOUR no man")

This is a deal for the lower income segment who aren't dependent on christmas gifts. Mommy and Daddy are more than able to buy halo 3 at full price and this allows microsoft to take advantage of both markets at their peak price points.[/QUOTE]

sorry, it wasn't a grammer mistake, but a type-o, it should of read if your NOT man enough.

This deal could of been great, microsoft is shooting itself in the foot in my opinion. halo 3 sales were over 3 mil in september (a lot of that goes to it being the most pre-ordered game in video game history) keep in mind halo 3 launched at the end of sept a well. during this month it let the 360 leap frog the Wii for the best selling console.

in october, Halo 3 barely sold 400,000. and 360 sales declined sharply, with the Wii taking the top spot again.

They are giving away 2 free games, which isn't a bad deal but I'll never play MUA, I had it on ps2 and it got old pretty fast, all they did was steal the exact game of x-men legends and put spiderman and friends in it. I've never played forza or forza 2 so I can't comment. also it seems that most of the bundle versions are not falcons, so they are also using this to clear out the old stock of systems.

in reality how many people have an original Xbox with an active live account that haven't already bought a 360? I would bet that number is VERY low.

who has an original xbox but hasn't signed up for Xbox live and hasn't bought a 360 yet. I'm planning on picking up the Black Friday Xbox 360 from BB. But my question is how to sign up for Xbox live for my regular Xbox? Do they still sell those 3 & 12 month membership cards?

I think if you have an original xbox you can use any xbox live code to activate a membership. (I know you cna buy an old xbox live card and use it with a 360).

if not you could check on ebay for a 1 or 3 months card.

to me, this seems like a MAJOr pain in the ass to get halo3 for free...

just do what I did, join yourfree360games.com fill out 2 stupid offers (make sure to cancel them by the renewal date) and get it for free (I got a copy of halo 3 in yesterday, they actually ship it from amazon) and it cost me about 10 minutes of my time and 2 dollars to sign up for two different 1 dollar trial offers.

[quote name='Drnick']I think if you have an original xbox you can use any xbox live code to activate a membership. (I know you cna buy an old xbox live card and use it with a 360).

if not you could check on ebay for a 1 or 3 months card.

to me, this seems like a MAJOr pain in the ass to get halo3 for free...

just do what I did, join yourfree360games.com fill out 2 stupid offers (make sure to cancel them by the renewal date) and get it for free (I got a copy of halo 3 in yesterday, they actually ship it from amazon) and it cost me about 10 minutes of my time and 2 dollars to sign up for two different 1 dollar trial offers.[/quote]

don't you need your referrals to sign up for offers too?

[quote name='technochino']who has an original xbox but hasn't signed up for Xbox live and hasn't bought a 360 yet. I'm planning on picking up the Black Friday Xbox 360 from BB. But my question is how to sign up for Xbox live for my regular Xbox? Do they still sell those 3 & 12 month membership cards?[/quote]
I am the 2nd of the 5 who qualifies for this deal it would seem.

According to amazon - they still sell 1 month cards Live memberships for around 8 bucks. I was going to run to Target and BB to see what they have. It may be 3 months is the shortest for ~$20 - which is starting to diminish the returns if you weren't goinig to otherwise sign up for a gold membership. Still $20 < $60

Just remember you need to activate Live by/before the 20th

This has to be the stupidest (is that really a word?) promotion Microsoft has ever done. There are likely 2 people in the world left that this will apply to....

I did meet a guy at Target yesterday (the idiot kind that like to get ripped off), who was just upgrading, even likes Halo, bought a Live membership card, but doesn't have Live now. So close, but sorry, you don't qualify.

I didn't read this promotion too close, but you have to buy between 11/21 and 12/21, but do you have to set up the Live account by 12/21? If so, rule out all of those Christmas gifts that might apply.

TBW

So, do you have to send anything in to prove when you bought the system, or do you just have to register in the time period?

Also, could you do this all completely online? If you can I'm just gonna sign up for an XBL for my original Xbox and then convert that over when my 360 arrives. Otherwise it's kinda of a hassle.

I was in Half-Price books on Friday and right at the counter they had a mint complete copy of Halo 3 for $29.99 . . . after my Teacher discount, it was $27 . . . much easier than trying to figure out this promo :)

The guy said they had just bought it that morning . . . the guy selling it got $15!

bread's done
Back