Halo 3 FREE from microsoft with purchase of 360

kjauburn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/promotions/buyxboxgethalo.htm?WText.camp=Games&WText.campSrc=RSS

Read the Requirements Below! New Live Account and purchase made between 11/21 and 12/21.

UPDATED: WARNING THEY CHANGED THE REQUIREMENTS! Below is the orginal promotion posting from this morning. The site now states you have to be a original xbox owner with paid live account and convert to xbox live gold account after purchasing new 360. Why the hell are you going to offer a promotion to a small portion of leftover holdouts? Crazy...

Published November 16, 2007
If you're more than ready for Halo® 3, but still have an older console, here's the plan for you. Buy your Xbox 360® before December 21, 2007 and we will give you a copy of Halo 3*. Finish the fight in high definition, with new weapons and challenges. Join three friends in Campaign mode, or get an Xbox LIVE® Gold subscription for sixteen-person multiplayer action.
ilmH3_MP_TsavoHighway3p05.jpg

Free Halo 3? It doesn't get any better than that.
Here's How to Get Your Halo 3 Game
  1. Buy an Xbox 360 console by December 21.
  2. Connect to Xbox LIVE.
  3. Register HERE with promotional code XBX7777, your new console serial number, and a valid mailing address.
  4. And look for your copy of Halo 3 for Xbox 360 in your mailbox!
Get Halo 3 free. Buy your Xbox 360 today!
(*Online offer valid in the 50 United States, D.C., and all United States military bases with valid APO/FPO bases. Offer expires 23:59 hr (PST) December 21, 2007. You must purchase a new Xbox 360 system between November 21, 2007, and December 21, 2007, establish a new Xbox LIVE Account, then register on the promotion website on or before December 21, 2007. Hard drive, Windows Live™ ID, and high speed Internet access required for Xbox LIVE account. (See Xbox LIVE system requirements at www.xbox.com/live.) Limit: one offer submission per person. Xbox 360 Halo 3 game will be fulfilled through mail by January 18, 2008. Fulfillment requires a valid mailing address. Not combinable with other Microsoft offers or rebates. Proof of purchase required.)

It's FYE so buyer beware. There's no doubt in my mind that they'd actually drive over to your house just to recharge your credit card.

[quote name='strongpimphand'].....what does this SD stand for????

this site needs a legend for all the shorthand used.

and that is a good deal[/quote]

I find this post funny for the following reason: I started out on SD looking for deals and would always see threads that mentioned CAG. It took me forever to figure out what CAG stood for. Once I did I haven't looked back :)

[quote name='NTolerance']Holy crap this deal is amazing if not for the fact that the price is so low, but moreso due to the lack of availability of XBox 360 Pro systems right now. The Holiday bundle w/ the 2 games is hard to find across the US right now. Beyond that, here in Raleigh, NC it's very hard to find ANY XBox 360 Pro systems. I've called Target, Gamestop, Circuity City, Best Buy, etc... and they are all sold out.

Anyways, I scored one at FYE in Triangle Town Center in Raleigh. Halo 3 rang up for $19.99 but of course the box had been used as a display so it's not in the shrinkwrap (ugh, I thought only Gamestop did that). A $40 Halo 3 rebate and a $30 XBox 360 system rebate printed out. Let's assume for a minute that I could get $40 trade-in credit for Marvel, Forza, and Halo 3 and also assume that the rebates are honored in full. Price breakdown:

$370 pre-tax OTD - $40 Halo 3 rebate - $30 system rebate - $40 trade credit:

$260 !

This is a best case scenario but either way it's a great deal. If anyone in Raleigh needs an XBox 360 Pro, give FYE a call. Thanks CAG![/QUOTE]

Hey a fellow CAG in North Carolina. I live in Durham, and I don't root for Dook (Go Heels!).

Anyway, this is a great deal obviously if you don't have a 360 yet.

I did this last week. Also, used my Backstage Pass card (10% discount) on Halo 3. I am not sure if they'll honor the $40 rebate on Halo but I hope so. If you guys are looking to get this deal make sure you try to get a system with the Falcon chip in it. You can tell if it's a Falcon 360 by checking on the label on the side of the box. The WATTAGE should read 175W. The older systems have 203W listed for the wattage. I also managed to sell Forza 2, from the 2 free games with the system, for $20 making it an even better deal for me :)

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the math on this?
Xbox 360 Pro with $30 MIR.
$350 - $30 = $320

Halo 3 with $40 rebate.
$60 - $40 = $20

$320 + $20 = $340

Xbox 360: $350-30 = $320

Halo 3: $20 - $40 = -$20

Total = $300

Plus sales tax

It, however, hasn't been proven that they'll honor the $40 MIR on Halo 3

[quote name='VGMaster75']Am I the only one who doesn't understand the math on this?
Xbox 360 Pro with $30 MIR.
$350 - $30 = $320

Halo 3 with $40 rebate.
$60 - $40 = $20

$320 + $40 = $350[/QUOTE]

Your math also doesn't make sense :)

it's $320 + $20= $340 :)

Damn! I qualified for this but I didn't see this till today:cry:
Already had the game, but no pain in some extra cash, or a good present for a friend

[quote name='DreamSymphony']Your math also doesn't make sense :)

it's $320 + $20= $340 :)[/quote]
Well if 2+2 equaled 6 it'd make perfect sense!

Eh, found out my nearest remaining FYE is a smaller store that doesn't have the capacity to carry gaming goods. Oh well, didn't feel like drivin' down there anyways...

So tomorrow's the big day, will we hear anything about our Halo 3 copies or will it be a giant clusterfuck like I'm dreading?

So tomorrow's the big day, will we hear anything about our Halo 3 copies or will it be a giant clusterfuck like I'm dreading?

Well, the fine print says, "will be fulfilled through mail by January 18, 2008." So that to me is unclear as to if we will recieve the game by then, or if the initial shipment is on that date. So if I don't recieve it tomorrow, common sense tells me to not be pissed.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']Well, the fine print says, "will be fulfilled through mail by January 18, 2008." So that to me is unclear as to if we will recieve the game by then, or if the initial shipment is on that date. So if I don't recieve it tomorrow, common sense tells me to not be pissed.[/QUOTE]
It would be the lack of any communication at all that is worth being peeved over.

[quote name='panasonic']I bet no one ever gets anything. Just saying by the way this deal was done.[/quote]

I'm beginning to agree. I was eligible for the deal (got to the 360 party late!) and made two calls to MS support - neither person had any idea what promotion I was talking about. I had to spell letter-by-letter the address of the page on xbox.com where the promo (still) is. The one I spoke to today kept saying "the website says it will be here today" and I kept replying "my mail already arrived and it wasn't there". Finally, she just came back with "this promotion is not our responsibility". Well, BS - if it's on xbox.com, then it's yours! Plus, she then had no idea who I should contact instead.

What a crock.

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']I'm beginning to agree. I was eligible for the deal (got to the 360 party late!) and made two calls to MS support - neither person had any idea what promotion I was talking about. I had to spell letter-by-letter the address of the page on xbox.com where the promo (still) is. The one I spoke to today kept saying "the website says it will be here today" and I kept replying "my mail already arrived and it wasn't there". Finally, she just came back with "this promotion is not our responsibility". Well, BS - if it's on xbox.com, then it's yours! Plus, she then had no idea who I should contact instead.

What a crock.[/quote]

You gotta really love the "it's not our responsibility" part, way to step up. Nothing like passing the blame to make everyone feel better.

[quote name='spsummers']You gotta really love the "it's not our responsibility" part, way to step up. Nothing like passing the blame to make everyone feel better.[/quote]
What do you expect them to say, "Whoa, I have no WTF you are talking about. I can't help you. *click*?"

I qualified - and I had better receive my game... The free Halo was part of my decision to buy the 360. If I don't have it by next week (assuming shipping on the 18th), I'll be making calls all over Microsoft until I get an answer.

Yeah, I would read "fulfilled by mail by Jan 18th" as 'we'll start sticking them in the mail at that time' and not it will be at your mailbox on 18th. I'm not going to worry about this until at least the 31st.

So, I called in to tech support, because I qualified and haven't seen anything yet either...

The first call I made, I talked with a support rep who seemed very surprised about the promotion, asked if it was okay to put me on hold, then hung up on me.

The second call met with a little more success. The second rep had heard of the promotion, but mentioned that they had all just received a memo on the topic recently. After checking some information, he let me know that the games were SHIPPED on the 18th, and would be arriving sometime around the 27th.

I was satisfied with that... He gave me a reference number just in case I don't have my game by Feb.

So, hang in there, I think this is going to go through. :)

Just recieved an e-mail saying that my Halo copy is on its way! So for those of you that tried this, CHECK YOUR E-MAIL!!

"Thank you for taking us up on our Halo® 3 offer by purchasing a new Xbox 360® console and migrating your paid Xbox LIVE account on the original console to an Xbox LIVE® Gold subscription. Your copy of Halo 3 will be arriving in the next 3 weeks, so be sure to keep an eye out for it"

[quote name='wolverinevsx23']yeah i got a email as well...it's going to walmart to get a gift card of $50-60 bucks towards another game...[/quote]

That's a generally frowned upon practice here on CAG fyi.

[quote name='wolverinevsx23']yeah i got a email as well...it's going to walmart to get a gift card of $50-60 bucks towards another game...[/quote]

DO NOT SPEAK OF RETURN FRAUD!

Anyways, I got an email saying to expect Halo 3 too, and I didn't even buy a new 360. Guess GameStop gets a third copy of Halo 3 from me.

Just got the email. I didnt think it was going to work because I did not transfer my account from an xbox to the 360, I was merely upgrading my pro to an elite.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I got the exact email as well.. but I don't my Xbox 360 anymore cuz it broke due to video errors :([/quote]If they send you a sealed, retail copy that doesn't say 'Promo only: Not for Sale' or something on it, you can probably get store credit at Wal-Mart for it or trade it to GS.

[quote name='seanmcc']If they send you a sealed, retail copy that doesn't say 'Promo only: Not for Sale' or something on it, you can probably get store credit at Wal-Mart for it or trade it to GS.[/quote]

Again, don't talk about return fraud.

I just received the email confirming a free copy of Halo 3 will be arriving in 3 weeks so the deal is real.

my bro got that e-mail after I registered his box and entered in the halo 3 free code but uh certainly didn't have an original xbox migration so not sure how but we'll take it!

[quote name='aznguyen316']my bro got that e-mail after I registered his box and entered in the halo 3 free code but uh certainly didn't have an original xbox migration so not sure how but we'll take it![/quote]

Ditto, but i signed up before the whole xbox to xbox 360 migration as you called it so maybe thats why. Got the email just a few hours ago saying it was in the mail and would arrive within 3 weeks. Its a shame cause I allready have purcahsed this game twice now i will have two copies one brand new and one used. lol. I bought it took it back for $50. Got it again in a b2g1 deal and ended up returning the other two games so i only paid $5 for halo 3, did not plan it that way but it was a good deal. : ] So yea im stuck with two copies of halo 3 now, probably just sell the new one on ebay or get 30 from gs for it. Had I know like a month ago it was coming I would have never repurchased it in the first place.

[quote name='seanmcc']If they send you a sealed, retail copy that doesn't say 'Promo only: Not for Sale' or something on it, you can probably get store credit at Wal-Mart for it or trade it to GS.[/quote]You could trade it to GS, yes.

"Returning" it to Walmart is return fraud, as you didn't purchase the game at Walmart. :roll:

bread's done
Back