Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='mr ryles']psh. Who play dat gaylo 3? Ghay niggas dats who.[/quote]
Chad Warden needs a big black dildo. Hehh! HeHehh!

New multiplayer map: Isolation. Looks GORGEOUS!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/820/820585p1.html

halo-3-20070917053348434.jpg
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/820/820585/halo-3-20070917053348434.jpg

More pics in the link provided.

Yea... Go figure. My Xbox 360 shit out on me yesterday. What a way to go, now I have to wait probably another month to play this game instead of a week. :cry:

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Yea... Go figure. My Xbox 360 shit out on me yesterday. What a way to go, now I have to wait probably another month to play this game instead of a week. :cry:[/quote]
Optimum-Multi-surface-Towel.jpg

do you guys know what would happen if someone was to post the halo 3 game on ebay to sell early? also what if someone got an advance copy like say today and was to play it on their 360 would they get ban if they take it online/offline?

[quote name='shadylane']do you guys know what would happen if someone was to post the halo 3 game on ebay to sell early? also what if someone got an advance copy like say today and was to play it on their 360 would they get ban if they take it online/offline?[/quote]

People are already playing it. They won't get banned, nor will their achievements be shown until the game is released i believe.

[quote name='shadylane']do you guys know what would happen if someone was to post the halo 3 game on ebay to sell early? also what if someone got an advance copy like say today and was to play it on their 360 would they get ban if they take it online/offline?[/quote]

Nothing will happen. Various people have been playing online, officially and not officially.

[quote name='whoknows']Ugh, that video quality is so bad. And I couldn't understand what they were saying since the sound was bad.

Also
Did Master Chief die?
[/QUOTE]

if what i can tell
yes he did

I'm tiptoeing into this thread to say It's nearly a week away and I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl

[quote name='refusedchaos']if what i can tell
yes he did
[/quote]Damn it... I was going to quote your post to say how tempted I was to click it. But the stupid text showed up here.......:bomb:

I don't know why revealing the names of multiplayer maps are considered spoilers. They're names. It's not like it's campaign level names. It's like saying the color of a banana is yellow.

I have a question about Halo though. Is it possible to roam multiplayer maps by yourself? You know, for strategical purposes and what not? Or do you have to have someone play against you? I know Gears doesn't allow you to do this (from what I can tell).

[quote name='KingBroly']I don't know why revealing the names of multiplayer maps are considered spoilers. They're names. It's not like it's campaign level names. It's like saying the color of a banana is yellow.

I have a question about Halo though. Is it possible to roam multiplayer maps by yourself? You know, for strategical purposes and what not? Or do you have to have someone play against you? I know Gears doesn't allow you to do this (from what I can tell).[/QUOTE]
there
is a map maker mode called Forge, so u can explore the maps that way

Holy crap, I just realized that one week from now I will be waiting in line for the midnight release of Halo 3! I can't wait to get my hands on the legendary edition! I am getting a free copy of Halo 3 from Your Free Games but I dont know when it will arrive. Hopefully it will be en route by next Monday so I can keep my legendary edition sealed! I know if the free copy isn't here on Tuesday or Wednesday I might be tempted to break the legendary edition out! :bouncy:

[quote name='refusedchaos']there
is a map maker mode called Forge, so u can explore the maps that way
[/quote] I think everyone already knows about that heh. But yea, that's going to be an awesome feature.

Samsclub.com has the legendary still available to Pre-order for only $114.64 if you don't already have it pre-ordered or are worried about getting one.

[quote name='mcroa7']Samsclub.com has the legendary still available to Pre-order for only $114.64 if you don't already have it pre-ordered or are worried about getting one.[/QUOTE]

What about in stores? Are they going to carry all three versions of the game?

[quote name='KingBroly']I don't know why revealing the names of multiplayer maps are considered spoilers. They're names. It's not like it's campaign level names. It's like saying the color of a banana is yellow.

I have a question about Halo though. Is it possible to roam multiplayer maps by yourself? You know, for strategical purposes and what not? Or do you have to have someone play against you? I know Gears doesn't allow you to do this (from what I can tell).[/quote]

Yes, you can just create your own party and start the game up.

I preordered Halo 3 way back in like November so I should get a copy day one. However I've never been into Halo MP, so if 3 is anything like 2, I will not like it much, and now that my 360 is dead and I won't get it back for 3-4 weeks, I think I'm just gonna sell my copy. So my question is: How much will Halo 3 sell for (ebay) right after the games launch?

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']I preordered Halo 3 way back in like November so I should get a copy day one. However I've never been into Halo MP, so if 3 is anything like 2, I will not like it much, and now that my 360 is dead and I won't get it back for 3-4 weeks, I think I'm just gonna sell my copy. So my question is: How much will Halo 3 sell for (ebay) right after the games launch?[/QUOTE]
If it's the regular version and used then pretty much the same as any other 360 game. The regular version is going to be everywhere.

Ive preordered halo 3...i did a long time ago. anyways my question or better yet questions are simple.

1. can i pick it up at 12:00 am at any EB/GS?
2.Should i take a day off on the 24,25,26th? i think the 25. i need some reassureance.

[quote name='MemphisGun']Ive preordered halo 3...i did a long time ago. anyways my question or better yet questions are simple.

1. can i pick it up at 12:00 am at any EB/GS?
2.Should i take a day off on the 24,25,26th? i think the 25. i need some reassureance.[/QUOTE]

1) Call the EB/GS you preordered it at

2)It comes out the 25th, take off the 25th

thanks...eventhough the guy on the phone was a sarcastic asshole, he got the point across...there will be midnight lauch every where geneious.

My buddy at Gamestop told me they received the shipments for Halo today, a week before launch (which is usually the case for large releases, i.e. Bioshock)
I was pretty psyched because that meant I could get a copy a week in advance, BUT apparently they got a notice (and I'm serious here) that said if anyone got an achievement in Halo 3 before the launch, they would be banned from xbox live.
I guess it's a countermeasure to the whole Bioshock fiasco.

Anyone care to confirm this?

That doesn't really make any sense-- if there aren't a whole lot of people playing it Multiplayer would be a ghost town the week early, hell maybe the servers aren't even up.

I think they're just trying to scare you.

People playing Halo 3 early isn't hurting anybody or anything, except for maybe the few people who care about the game's story not being spoiled.

I already know the end and it isn't going to ruin Halo 3 for me one bit when I do get to play it. Some people need to stop overeacting over a video game story being spoiled.

[quote name='dashwstppr']Anyone care to confirm this?[/QUOTE]
It's bull. People are playing it on Live right now. Someone posted a gamertag earlier in the thread that was playing it. Why would getting an achievement even matter? If they wanted to ban people playing Halo 3 they would do just that.

Besides, if the whole "banning from live" was true (which it isn't), you could just disconnect your 360 from live then reconnect it on the 25th. Xbox Live does NOT keep track of what day and time you got your achievement UNLESS you were online (connected and signed in to live) when you got it.

MS probably already expects the game to be sold earlier. Its not the person who bought it's fault. The guys who got banned exploited their way into Epsilon and actually played online.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']MS probably already expects the game to be sold earlier. Its not the person who bought it's fault. The guys who got banned exploited their way into Epsilon and actually played online.[/quote]

You cant play offline in the Epsilon, so there was really no way for Microsoft not to know.

I'm pretty sure it's been covered, but this thread is hella long so it's hard to look for.

If I pre-order from Best Buy, is it going to arrive on launch day? Also, can I get in-store pick up at BB for the 5 dollar points card deal?

[quote name='jimfoley16']I'm pretty sure it's been covered, but this thread is hella long so it's hard to look for.

If I pre-order from Best Buy, is it going to arrive on launch day? Also, can I get in-store pick up at BB for the 5 dollar points card deal?[/quote]
Yes (If you pick up the game in store - doubtful if you have them deliver the game to your home), and yes.

[quote name='nikelecious91']Anyone know how long Circuit City will hold your preorder and wall graphic?[/quote]

they held one of my preorders for only 24hrs a couple months ago

I saw them at Gamestop so I'm assuming they're everywhere. My GS had so many legendary preorders, they're all over the store (up on shelves). I asked if I could see them and was shot down. The box looks huge and contains only 2 legendary editions (however, they did have many of these boxes)

[quote name='aw004g']I saw them at Gamestop so I'm assuming they're everywhere. My GS had to many legendary preorders, they're all over the store (up on shelves). I asked if I could see them and was shot down. The box looks huge and contains only 2 legendary editions.[/QUOTE]
only two total for the store, yeah I would say that they preordered too many.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....Halo 3...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

so when i went to tru today for the b2g1 free sale the sales clerk said that they didnt get any pre orders for H3 for any version
and he said they already have copies in the back

[quote name='Nelo Ice']so when i went to tru today for the b2g1 free sale the sales clerk said that they didnt get any pre orders for H3 for any version
and he said they already have copies in the back[/quote]
Thats because TRU wasnt taking preorders on Halo 3.

update OP

New York
Where: Best Buy, 529 5th Ave, New York, NY, 10017
What: Located in the heart of 5th Ave. and only a few blocks from Times Square, the Best Buy store on the corner of 5th and 44th Ave. will be the first to provide consumers in the U.S. with their copies of "Halo 3." The event, which will begin early afternoon on Monday and can be seen on televisions nationwide via live broadcasts from both Spike TV and G4, will feature day-long activities. People are encouraged to demonstrate their fanaticism for Halo through costumes, distance traveled, best signs and more. Additionally, fans in line may get to play "Halo 3" prior to launch against on-site celebrities from early Monday afternoon through midnight. Every hour, a new personality will enter the fray with the fans. At midnight, attendees can expect a spectacle unlike any other. A number of Bungie team members and local professional athletes will be on hand to participate in the launch festivities.

Los Angeles
Where: GameStop, 1000 Universal Studios Blvd, Universal City, CA 91608
What: From the entertainment capital of the world, GameStop's flagship store at Universal CityWalk in Los Angeles will host the Halo 3 West Coast launch. The event begins Monday evening and will lead up to the first sale of the game at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday, September 25, and will feature a celebrity autograph session, Halo trivia contest and a special appearance by the man of the hour, Master Chief, as well as a number of Bungie team members. Fans in line will also have a chance to be one of the lucky few who can battle it out against a celebrity on "Halo 3" prior to the launch. The event can be seen on televisions nationwide via live broadcasts from both Spike TV and G4.

Seattle
Where: Best Buy, 457 120th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98005
What: Seattle fans are invited to join the celebrations at Bellevue's Best Buy, which will open its doors at 12:01 am on September 25 to sell the highly anticipated and final chapter in the "Halo" trilogy. To commemorate the release of "Halo 3" in the game's hometown, fans will be able to celebrate the occasion with product giveaways. People in line may also get a chance to play against Bungie team members and local professional athletes.

Miami
Where: Circuit City, 8575 Northwest 13th Terrace, Miami, FL 33126
What: Hosted by Circuit City, Miami's Midnight Madness event of choice will feature product giveaways and contests starting at 9 p.m. Monday, Sept. Current Miami Dolphins stars, Chris Chambers and Joey Porter will be on hand signing autographs as well as challenging fans in "Halo 3" inside Circuit City. Additionally, a number of Bungie team members will be on hand to participate in the launch festivities.

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/09/18/halo-3-launch-events.aspx

[quote name='Wilbur']So if i just show up to Walmart at midnight, without a preorder, i'll be able to pick up a copy of the regular edition?[/quote]

In theory. There will probably be a line too...

bread's done
Back