Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

if they don't want to secure the disks from scratches while it's in the xbox, what makes you think that they'd want to keep it from scratches in the case?

[quote name='zewone']I'm missing one skull and I can't find it!

If someone finds the "Fog" skull, please let me know.

Also, the name of the "Samurai" armor is called Hayabusa. Named after Ninja Gaiden's Ryu Hayabusa.

I guess this is how Bungie gives big ups back to Team Ninja for including a Spartan in DOA4.[/quote]

What do the skulls look like? I haven't been able to find one...are they like the ones where you play Multiplayer?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What do the skulls look like? I haven't been able to find one...are they like the ones where you play Multiplayer?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they look exactly like that.

I think 5 hours is a bit of an underestimation. It took us a good 7 hours to play through on normal with only a few deaths and restarts. Maybe if you skipped all of the cinematics it would be 5 and a half or so.

Ordering online is redarded. Its not if You don't have a store in the next 30mi, But, if you have a store near you go for that. I saved myself, I read this post, zoomed to EB and got the REG.

has anyone here played through the whole h2 campaign getting all the skulls? A friend and I tryed but it gets really really hard after you get like half of them.

Crud! I ordered a CE from Gateway before any of this came up, and now that I hear about it, I find out that my order already shipped on Friday. God knows how returns will be with Gateway..

Ugh, I really hope I get lucky and my disks are okay when they get here next Thursday..

[quote name='DomLando']Same here. The guys working there when I asked were both shocked at my question and looked at me like I was crazy...
For anyone that beat the single player, around how long is it?[/QUOTE]

Me and my brother hit up three different 7-11's last night at 3AM hoping we'd get some clueless worker to sell us the game...unfortunately they were truly clueless and had NO idea what we were talking about and said they don't sell videogames.

Gamepot Review Quote for those talking about length:

"Not bad for a game that will take most players between 10 and 15 hours to finish on one of four difficulty settings."

I've been hearing 5-6 everywhere. Maybe those are above average players. If there's really reason to go back into the campaign ( like in Gears ) then I'll definitely put at least 10 hours into it.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']I've been hearing 5-6 everywhere. Maybe those are above average players. If there's really reason to go back into the campaign ( like in Gears ) then I'll definitely put at least 10 hours into it.[/quote]

There is if you want to collect all the Skulls, kinda like all the COG Tags in Gears.

I read a couple of those reviews, and to me at least, they don't read like 9.5's and 10's. They read like 8.5's and 9's.

[quote name='MemphisGun']I trust 1 up. I think there will be reasons to replay it atleast 3 times for all the difficulty acheivements[/QUOTE]
Legendary unlocks all the other difficulty achievements.

For what it's worth, I didn't lie before, we did it 5 hours, maybe 5 and a half. Me and zoo are pretty good at Halo in general, I don't really know if that made that much of a difference.

There's one thing to remember though, a lot of game reviewers suck at video games. Unless you've never played a Halo game there's no way that this game should take anyone 15 hours to complete. We beat it again on Legendary yesterday, and we did that in one sitting too. It took maybe 6 hours, tops.

[quote name='Trakan']For what it's worth, I didn't lie before, we did it 5 hours, maybe 5 and a half. Me and zoo are pretty good at Halo in general, I don't really know if that made that much of a difference.

There's one thing to remember though, a lot of game reviewers suck at video games. Unless you've never played a Halo game there's no way that this game should take anyone 15 hours to complete. We beat it again on Legendary yesterday, and we did that in one sitting too. It took maybe 6 hours, tops.[/quote]That is really sad if it's true. I would hope it to be at least 12 hours.

[quote name='Bazz']That is really sad if it's true. I would hope it to be at least 12 hours.[/quote] I dunno, if you know what you're doing and coop, the first two games are about that long. I'm figuring most of us will get ~8hours of gameplay on a normal difficulty.

[quote name='GizmoGC']I have the game sitting here...is it worth playing? Never been a big fan of Halo so I'm unsure.[/QUOTE]
No. Take it back.

What is the chance of scoring one at GS/EB on launch without a preorder? Anyone?

(I have a 100 dollar gift card and didn't reserve it)

[quote name='zewone']Exactly.[/quote]How you digging it so far zewone? I know you were a huge Halo 2 fan. Multiplayer looks to be great. Despite not playing much online at all, I'm very interested in playing with Forge.

[quote name='linkpwns']What is the chance of scoring one at GS/EB on launch without a preorder? Anyone?

(I have a 100 dollar gift card and didn't reserve it)[/QUOTE]
A good chance for a normal, probably zero chance for a LE and the bigger one.

I called earlier, they already recieved there LEs and arent taking preorders anymore. Still were for the regular (im sure they have hundreds). Then called a walmart, said they never took preorders, so hope I can get a LE instore with

[quote name='daroga']I dunno, if you know what you're doing and coop, the first two games are about that long. I'm figuring most of us will get ~8hours of gameplay on a normal difficulty.[/quote]I look into every corner, but I don't really know should be the same legnth of gears of war, truth I really don't know how long I play unless it tells me.

[quote name='daroga']How you digging it so far zewone? I know you were a huge Halo 2 fan. Multiplayer looks to be great. Despite not playing much online at all, I'm very interested in playing with Forge.[/QUOTE]
I'm loving it, it's hard for me to look at the game from the perspective of a non-Halo fan, but to me it's something I'm going to be playing for a long time.

[quote name='zewone']I'm loving it, it's hard for me to look at the game from the perspective of a non-Halo fan, but to me it's something I'm going to be playing for a long time.[/quote]Good deal :) I'm looking forward to playing it on Tuesday :)

bread's done
Back