Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

ahhh, crap. finally splattered someone with a Mongoose today and then realized that it has to be in free-for-all instead of team-based. Bollocks!

Got a headset finally, though, so i can talk with folks now. Add TahoeMax so I can play with ya!

and i got an XP penalty today because the entire OTHER team quit. That's lame.

[quote name='TahoeMax']
and i got an XP penalty today because the entire OTHER team quit. That's lame.[/quote]

There is no penalty if the other team quits.

And I thought the Halo 3 controllers were ugly:

nike-dunk-halo-3-customs-5.jpg

http://kotaku.com/337081/ugly-halo-3-kicks-to-kick-things-with

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Seriously. Lawls.

Oddball is 100 seconds too. Double lawls.

This playlist is fail.[/quote]

I hate landgrab, on any map. It just seems stupid. I dont know, there should be more spots, or something.

[quote name='life.exe']There is no penalty if the other team quits.[/quote]

Well, I didn't quit and lost an XP anyway, so I beg to differ. I didn't think it was supposed to happen either. Maybe it was a glitch.

for people that got the halo 3 CE, did your disks get scratched up too?? its playable, but was it worth it to get replaced? or you didnt mind as long as it worked?

A map I am tinkering with called Vehicular War on Sandtrap. I haven't had a chance to test this out, but I added Ghosts, Warthogs, Scorpions, Choppers, Hornets, and Banshees to this map. I also include several Rocket Launchers, Spartan Lasers, Missile Pods, Snipers and Beam Rifles. I also added teleporters and Power Drains to each base just make it more insane. I think this would be a fun Team Slayer map to just blow shit up in.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=15963449

Hey, I just recently got back into Halo after a long hiatus. I used to be pretty good at Halo 2, just trying to get back to that level now though. If you all could get me into the CAG customgames/matchmakign that would be great.

GT: Stanton Dropout

I got a gift card from one of my friends, so I decided to spend $10 of it on the map pack like a week ago. The new maps are great (although they cost about twice as much as they should).

Is there any way to have my achievments in order? Like at least the chapters, no matter what method I sort them by, it's either by the date I earned them or the amount of gamer points they give :/

[quote name='Riyonuk']Is there any way to have my achievments in order? Like at least the chapters, no matter what method I sort them by, it's either by the date I earned them or the amount of gamer points they give :/[/QUOTE]

Nope.

What would it take to unlock the Chapter Achievements in order? I know I would have to avoid certain other Achievements, such as "Fear the Pink Mist".

[quote name='suko_32']Noob question: Is there any way to transfer the replays I've saved on the 360 to the PC somehow?[/quote]

I'm almost positive there is no method for that, you would need to use a capture card or some other device unfortunately.

[quote name='BackInBlack']I'm almost positive there is no method for that, you would need to use a capture card or some other device unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that's what I thought. Thanks.

How do I complete Campaign on Heroic or Legendary? I already beat it on Normal, but there's only an option to "Resume Solo Game". And when I choose that option, I start at the ice stage, with the flood coming down from the sky.

[quote name='Riyonuk']How do I complete Campaign on Heroic or Legendary? I already beat it on Normal, but there's only an option to "Resume Solo Game". And when I choose that option, I start at the ice stage, with the flood coming down from the sky.[/quote]
Go into your own party online and instead of going to MM or a custom game there is an option to choose campaign.

[quote name='Riyonuk']It says that it will delete my current campaign. Should I do this?[/quote]

Yeah. You're starting a new campaign save.

[quote name='Riyonuk']It says that it will delete my current campaign. Should I do this?[/QUOTE]

Yes. All it does is delete your final save on Normal and start a new one.

You can go into campaign and just play the levels in any order you want, or just start at the beginning, since you've completed it once--i.e. saves don't matter anymore really anyway.

[quote name='nikelecious91']Played doubles on The Pit and the other team just fucking stayed up in that room after they spawned there. Needs to be fixed somehow.[/quote]

Shouldn't be too hard to kill 'em. If they're just standing up there just throw a ton of nades. If they are fighting back (with Assault Rifles no less) just send one person in as bait and the other one snipes 'em in the mouth.

[quote name='Mattte']Shouldn't be too hard to kill 'em. If they're just standing up there just throw a ton of nades. If they are fighting back (with Assault Rifles no less) just send one person in as bait and the other one snipes 'em in the mouth.[/quote]
Sounds like a good strategy to me.

[quote name='Mattte']Shouldn't be too hard to kill 'em. If they're just standing up there just throw a ton of nades. If they are fighting back (with Assault Rifles no less) just send one person in as bait and the other one snipes 'em in the mouth.[/quote]

We threw loads of grenades and got them a couple times, but they would just respawn there again. It was Team BR too. Didn't think of the sniping idea. I'll try it next time. Thanks.

fuck i cant get the fucking overkill achievment i can get a triple kill then unfortunitally no one is around me to get the forth kill only need that and better luck next time buddy and finished with online achievments

[quote name='Rainman']fuck i cant get the fucking overkill achievment i can get a triple kill then unfortunitally no one is around me to get the forth kill only need that and better luck next time buddy and finished with online achievments[/QUOTE]

I struggled with it for awhile.

Two for one and Overkill are largely based on luck. Overkill obviously takes more skill, but still has the luck element.

Funny story.. I finally got it two nights ago. Swords on guardian. Right in the middle, I got it. Then halfway through the match I got it again. Two overkills in one match.

Anyways, the only way you'll probably get it is with Swords on a small map or King of the hill.

The Pit with king of the hill is probably the easiest. Grab the machine gun and go nuts.

We should get some CAG games going. I've been playing Halo quite a bit lately. I didn't enjoy the multiplayer at first, but it's grown on me. And honestly, I can't even remember the last time I played an 8v8 CAG CTF match. :D It's been too long.

[quote name='J35U5']Just got this game and would like to get some CAG custom games going. add me plz[/QUOTE]

Added you.

Im on all the time playing custom games (alot of infection types and griff ball)
Im posting this again to get some people to add me so we can get some cag games going.

Im really really anxious to play some griffball. lets get a big custom game going tonight. if anyone wants to let me play with them id be thankful.
Kevin Hossner is the Gamer tag.

also.. Would anyone be interested in playing some custom games in the Major League Gaming (MLG) rule Game Variants?? i have them and would like to check them out in some at least 4 v 4 games. reply to this, hit me on live or Pm me if your interested.

Any looking to co-op some campaign mode or play some basic DM, send me a FR. The woman and I are gonna be playing for the next few hours.

Okay, this is the last little skull I need.I have read the strat and even watched a vid on how to get this one. Problem is I am messing up on the ring jumping some how, because it's not showing up on the bridge. Yes I am starting the stage from the beginning and don't have it on easy. Anyone willing to help me knock this little shit out? ty

You should ask on gamefaqs, since they proabably have more people who will be willing to to the skull in a co-op game right away. Also, you have to make sure you CLEAR EACH JUMP! Also, make sure you ahve the right combo, because some sites have the wrong combo.

This is from Halo3planet.com

IMPORTANT! START FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE MISSION, ON NORMAL, HEROIC, OR LEGENDARY IN ORDER TO GET ANY SKULL!
The Skull is located in the level, “The Covenant”. After defeating the Scarabs, and going inside, get to the location with all 7 Ring Holograms. You must jump through the rings in a specific order. That order is as follows (1 is at the entrance, 7 is at the end):

4 6 5 4 5 3 4

After jumping through them in this sequence, you will be awarded the “I Would Have Been Your Daddy Skull”. It will be right next to the bridge that brings you over to the Prophet of Truth.

hope this helps buddy. Id get online and help you do it cause ive done it with like 4 friends but my GF wont let me play halo this weekend.

the problem i had when i was getting this skull was that i kept trying to jump through the rings BEFORE i got to the end of the area/the prophet was killed, so go watch that cutscene, then reclear the area of FLOOD, then do it (assuming you werent already doing this).

bread's done
Back