Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

x7. Hey 7 is Bungie's number.

Speaking of Bungie:

TU2 will not come out on Sept. 16th as previously stated. It will come out sometime after Sept. 16th and before September 25th – when we finish the 64-man roshambo tournament to decide the release date, we'll let you know.

So there you have it. TU2 comes out between 9/16 and 9/25. I wonder if this will encompass the new achievements and hopefully Assembly.

[quote name='KingBroly']I bet it hits Friday. Start the weekend with Halo 3...again. That'll be their campaign.[/QUOTE]

Since the 25th is next Thursday, your theory would work for next weekend as well.

But it comes out before next Thursday, so I'm putting my money on Friday of this week. Also, is there going to be a session tonight? I hope there is.

The new achievements (as well as the Lone Wolves ones) are going to be super easy to organize when the Dashboard hits thanks to the Party system. Anyway, it has to come before next Thursday (the 25th), so coming out this Friday is their best bet.

I need to get back to building that map on Avalanche.

I played a couple hours tonight. Out of the first 5 matches 3 were Shotty/Sniper. wtf? Of course no one would veto. grrr... That mode can suck my balls.

[quote name='Corvin']I played a couple hours tonight. Out of the first 5 matches 3 were Shotty/Sniper. wtf? Of course no one would veto. grrr... That mode can suck my balls.[/QUOTE]

Same here, and it's been pissing me off because I hate that match type as well. Shit, there was even a game that was shotty snipers that turned into TEAM SNIPERS when vetoed. I'll just say I was "not happy" and quit, to hell with my rank.

Title Update 2 will download when you log in to Halo 3 on September 23rd.(I was right :p)

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=15519

Outtro in Go Minor

Earlier this summer, my bipolar, crazy landlord told me, "The night is darkest just before the dawn."
Dawn is about to break.

A small hint that we should be seeing good stuff in the future...

edit: looks like help1 beat my post because I was too busy formatting...

[quote name='dastly75']I've noticed that the SI is back. I posted a thread about it on bungie.net http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=25787178

Some people say it never left which seems strange since they pulled every other part of the viral campaign down from the e3 time. Some people said it was in fact reappearing. Regardless my thread was locked rather quickly.[/quote]

So it looks like I was right about seeing SI showing up more often. The viral is back in motion:
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=15526

All this viral shit and the ARGs were cool back before Halo 2 came out and nobody knew what the hell was going on and there were ringing payphones and movie previews and shit all in on it. Now it's kinda lame.

OK guys, I hope this is the best forum for my question. Basically, I got a 20gb HDMI 360 in December 2007 which came with a Halo 3 theme. I accidentally deleted it, and I haven't been able to find it on XBL or anyplace else since. Does anyone know if it has been available in the past and/or will be available in the future? It was one of my favorite themes, and I'd really like to get it back if at all possible.

[quote name='drtony828']OK guys, I hope this is the best forum for my question. Basically, I got a 20gb HDMI 360 in December 2007 which came with a Halo 3 theme. I accidentally deleted it, and I haven't been able to find it on XBL or anyplace else since. Does anyone know if it has been available in the past and/or will be available in the future? It was one of my favorite themes, and I'd really like to get it back if at all possible.[/quote]

Was it one of these?

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/h/halo3/themes.htm

I don't think you can get the first two anymore.

nope, I've seen that page and it's not one of those. I guess all I can do is hope that they put it up on Marketplace at some point.

I'm representing the Reign of Fire (ROF) clan and we're looking to see if anyone is up for a big team battle on custom games tonight.

There are 12 of us total, and anywhere from between 4-8 of us will be online tonight. We all range in skill from a lieutenant to a brigadier, with the majority of us ranked from 30-36. We play to have fun and hopefully win.

Check out our website. We are always looking to find good competition while expanding our members for the right players.

http://www.freewebs.com/h3rof/

---
XBOX Live GamerTag: ROF BAGGING U

You realize they are killing BTB tonight, right? Once the update hits, no BTB. It's being replaced with a 6v6 'Squad' mode. At least to my understanding that's what's going down.

I know that. It works out better 6on6 because it's easier to get 6 of us online than 8 of us. If you have some people come play us tonight. About 8 central time we'll be ready to go.

6 new maps for halo3 confirmed

Go to xbox.com and look at Halo 3 achievements.

Assembly, Citadel, Heretic, Longshore, Orbital, and Sandbox.

A good chance they are coming soon since they are in the achievements now? Bungie still has a surprise in store for TGS? (Likely
)

Funny that it mentions skulls. I have a funny feeling that the single player is going to be getting a couple more maps. It wouldn't make sense to put skulls on multiplayer maps, would it?

Wow...get a Killtacular achievement and a get an Extermination achievement. Good thing you can get them on ranked or social. Get a group of 8-10 people together for Social Slayer and let's go.

Wow. I just tried to go back and play Halo 3 Team Slayer after a 2 week break and playing CoD4 instead, I officially suck at this game.

[quote name='help1']Funny that it mentions skulls. I have a funny feeling that the single player is going to be getting a couple more maps. It wouldn't make sense to put skulls on multiplayer maps, would it?[/quote]

Are you kidding? I'd love to see every headshot I get online result in children cheering and confetti exploding from the wound.

~HotShotX

They really should enforce a cap for achievement points. As much as I like getting achievements, they really should make a cap and stick with it, were gonna have 2500 points games at this rate.

[quote name='HotShotX']Are you kidding? I'd love to see every headshot I get online result in children cheering and confetti exploding from the wound.

~HotShotX[/quote]

Now that you mention that, I highly endorse these skulls in Multiplayer.

[quote name='life.exe']They really should enforce a cap for achievement points. As much as I like getting achievements, they really should make a cap and stick with it, were gonna have 2500 points games at this rate.[/quote]

I disagree, I believe rather than a cap on points, it should be a justification of points. If a game wants to have 1000 points of retail and then 4000 points beyond that, it had better have 4000 points worth of extra content to justify it.

To date, games have only had 1250 max, let's see what Bungie delivers tonight to justify raising the bar an extra 500 before making judgement.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']I disagree, I believe rather than a cap on points, it should be a justification of points. If a game wants to have 1000 points of retail and then 4000 points beyond that, it had better have 4000 points worth of extra content to justify it.

To date, games have only had 1250 max, let's see what Bungie delivers tonight to justify raising the bar an extra 500 before making judgement.

~HotShotX[/quote]

It's definitely an exception to the rule. Just like Ninja Gaiden 2 and The Orange Box which have more than 50 base achievements.

Update goes live in like...40 minutes. People are talking crazy about who gets banned. Standbyers, Rank Boosters, Achievement Boosters, Quitters, Foul Mouths, Fast Trigger people, etc. No one knows. I'm hoping it's only the rank boosters, standbyers, mass quitters and fast trigger people. Foul mouths...everyone swears on XBL. Achievement boosters...so many people have boosted for achievements in Halo 3, it's not even funny, despite only like 5% of players having 1000/1000.

[quote name='help1']Funny that it mentions skulls. I have a funny feeling that the single player is going to be getting a couple more maps. It wouldn't make sense to put skulls on multiplayer maps, would it?[/quote]

I hope that the collection of skulls means new armor.

Took me 6 hours to get all the available achievements

i hope you guys enjoy waiting for:
Avalanche CTF gametype in DLC big team
and Blackout FFA oddball in DLC FFA

one achievement i'll never get is probably never get is beating the game on legendary 4 player co-op with he iron skull on

are the new maps supposed to come out on the 25th?

Is there a glitch with the Mongoose Mowdown achievement? I know I have run over people with it before, but I just noticed I don't have the achievement.

bread's done
Back