Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='Jek Porkins']Anyone still need to do the Annual Vidmaster achievement? I'm still looking for a good group to run through the game with.[/QUOTE]

just want to let you know that you only need to beat the last level on legendary

the 4 ghost are located to the left of the main door, under the ramp, after you beat the monitor
(the same ramp right before the big flood fight at the top of the pyramid structure)
everyone also needs to be on ghost when the last jump is made

[quote name='Jek Porkins']Anyone still need to do the Annual Vidmaster achievement? I'm still looking for a good group to run through the game with.[/quote]I need that one still, GT: Zowsky

[quote name='greyzieoriental']just want to let you know that you only need to beat the last level on legendary

the 4 ghost are located to the left of the main door, under the ramp, after you beat the monitor
(the same ramp right before the big flood fight at the top of the pyramid structure)
everyone also needs to be on ghost when the last jump is made[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for the info, man. I probably would have played the whole thing. :)

[quote name='Jek Porkins']Anyone still need to do the Annual Vidmaster achievement? I'm still looking for a good group to run through the game with.[/quote]

Yes, add me and whenever I am on just invite me.

I need it to. Add me and hopefully we can get it done.

[quote name='Jek Porkins']Anyone still need to do the Annual Vidmaster achievement? I'm still looking for a good group to run through the game with.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jek Porkins']Anyone still need to do the Annual Vidmaster achievement? I'm still looking for a good group to run through the game with.[/quote]

I said to myself I wouldn't do this achievement but...:bomb:, if you have a group and need a 4th I would be interested. Just shoot me a FR and/or message. :)

[quote name='Corvin']Since all the Vidmaster achievements are worth 0 points, do they unlock something?[/quote]

At this point, I don't think so, but down the road.... possibly?

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I said to myself I wouldn't do this achievement but...:bomb:, if you have a group and need a 4th I would be interested. Just shoot me a FR and/or message. :)

At this point, I don't think so, but down the road.... possibly?[/QUOTE]

A group of us got it... after the previous night we had a disconnect error right at the end... Grr.

Plus, they've said that the Vidmaster achievements will unlock something, but they haven't said what just yet. There's still one that can't be gotten until the new maps are released.

As of last night I finally graduated from Halo 3 Academy :whee:

31.gif

This glitched achievement drived me nuts for months, almost a full year later and it pops up last night after booting the game as soon as I entered the matchmaking lobby. Now all I need is the Meta achievements, complete the game on Legendary, the Lieutenant Vidmaster and the 4-Player Lengendary Vidmaster to complete all.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']As of last night I finally graduated from Halo 3 Academy :whee:

31.gif

This glitched achievement drived me nuts for months, almost a full year later and it pops up last night after booting the game as soon as I entered the matchmaking lobby. Now all I need is the Meta achievements, complete the game on Legendary, the Lieutenant Vidmaster and the 4-Player Lengendary Vidmaster to complete all.[/quote]

That is only slightly peculiar.

[quote name='wubb']Got the three oddball kill achievement in threeball. :bouncy:

Definitely pretty doable with this weekend's double XP list.[/quote]

Yeah, that's a really easy achievement, especially on Blackout.

I wouldn't mind more oddball or landgrab in custom games. Infection seems to dominate custom games for some reason I can't fathom. It's a pretty crappy gametype IMO. I know I left a custom game with some CAGs this week, but I just can't stand Infection especially when it is played ALL the time.

[quote name='wubb']Got the three oddball kill achievement in threeball. :bouncy:

Definitely pretty doable with this weekend's double XP list.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for saying 3 ball was up. Jumped on yesterday and got the three oddball achievement after a couple of games.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yeah, that's a really easy achievement, especially on Blackout.

I wouldn't mind more oddball or landgrab in custom games. Infection seems to dominate custom games for some reason I can't fathom. It's a pretty crappy gametype IMO. I know I left a custom game with some CAGs this week, but I just can't stand Infection especially when it is played ALL the time.[/QUOTE]

Infection is more popular maybe because it's easier to jump in and you don't need even teams? Also way more crazy variations have been created using it. Oh yeah and you also get points for kills which I can see players liking more than the more esoteric scoring in other modes.

But yeah threeball and the territories modes are a lot of fun especially with a team who is at least minimally talking about what to try to do.

Living Dead (Ranked Infection) list for the Halloween double XP weekend.

Apparently last Halloweeen was the first ever double XP weekend, which I didn't know. Bought my 360 in October or November of last year.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Is that the same gametype they had last year? It was pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

I didn't play it last year but from the note on their site it was Ranked Infection last year as well. Not sure if the game types are changed up or not. My guess would be yes.

I got bored with it fairly quickly but that might be because I wasn't doing terribly well. :lol:

[quote name='wubb']Apparently last Halloweeen was the first ever double XP weekend, which I didn't know. Bought my 360 in October or November of last year.[/quote]

Yep, I remember that.

This morning Microsoft Games Studios announced that the long-awaited Halo 3 Mythic Map Pack, which includes Assembly, Orbital and Sandbox, will be attached to the Halo Wars Limited Collector's edition. That retail product is due in February of 2009. If Halo Wars isn't your cup of tea, rest assured, we're doing everything we can to get these maps on Xbox Live Marketplace as soon as possible after Halo Wars hits retail shelves. More details as soon as we have them, Internet!

[quote name='dastly75']This morning Microsoft Games Studios announced that the long-awaited Halo 3 Mythic Map Pack, which includes Assembly, Orbital and Sandbox, will be attached to the Halo Wars Limited Collector's edition. That retail product is due in February of 2009. If Halo Wars isn't your cup of tea, rest assured, we're doing everything we can to get these maps on Xbox Live Marketplace as soon as possible after Halo Wars hits retail shelves. More details as soon as we have them, Internet![/quote]

Here is a link for everyone with a photo of what is included:

http://kotaku.com/5078470/halo-wars-le-sweetened-by-mythic-map-pack

This definitely might get me to pick this up at release. Haven't been thrilled with RTS games on the 360, but the halo theme and maps could swing the deal. I just hope the controls are done well.

I really hope Mythic will be available very shortly after this. I'm still very on the fence on Halo Wars.

It's good to have a timeframe on the map pack though. Can't wait!

I thought there were 6 new achievements tied to new maps. Where are the other 3? Kinda sad it will have taken nearly a year to get 3 maps.

I'm hoping to pick up the flag related achievements on this weekend's Team Flag list. Tried a few matches last night but it never quite worked out.

[quote name='wubb']I'm hoping to pick up the flag related achievements on this weekend's Team Flag list. Tried a few matches last night but it never quite worked out.[/QUOTE]

I did that and got both in one match, they're real easy once you actually get a Legendary map. I got mine on Ghost Town.

[quote name='tgk2044']I did that and got both in one match, they're real easy once you actually get a Legendary map. I got mine on Ghost Town.[/QUOTE]

I'm having a hell of a time. Got 1 flag stop a few times but haven't gotten 2 in one match yet. Jerks keep dropping it when I shot them. :lol:

EDIT: Finally got the one for 2 stops just after this post. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not anymore. Got em both. :D

Now I've gone from focusing more on trying to get a flag kill or flag stop than winning to being really annoyed at everyone still doing that. :lol:

[quote name='Trakan']Isn't there like 20 new achievements tied to the maps?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but there were six specific ones named after each map.

Joystiq.com is reporting that Halo 3: Recon (or more likely, the maps included in the Mythic Map Pack), will allow you to complete the Vidmaster Achievements in Halo 3, and unlock Recon Armor.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/12/game-informer-halo-3-recon-3-to-5-hours-earn-recon-armor/

I suspect that everyone who earned Recon through awesome Halo 3 videos online are going to be extremely pissed, since everybody and their mother will be begging for achievements to get teh Reconz.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Joystiq.com is reporting that Halo 3: Recon (or more likely, the maps included in the Mythic Map Pack), will allow you to complete the Vidmaster Achievements in Halo 3, and unlock Recon Armor.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/12/game-informer-halo-3-recon-3-to-5-hours-earn-recon-armor/

I suspect that everyone who earned Recon through awesome Halo 3 videos online are going to be extremely pissed, since everybody and their mother will be begging for achievements to get teh Reconz.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

thats stupid, recon should be for special reasons and bungie employees
only thing i want is the flaming armor

i dont understand why they just wont make new armor, i know tons of people that would pay for new armor

Grifball is the weekend 2XP list. I'm not super excited to play more grifball but if I can party up with some of the CAG grifball guys it'd be fun. (Everybody likes winning every match, right? :D )

[quote name='greyzieoriental']thats stupid, recon should be for special reasons and bungie employees
only thing i want is the flaming armor

i dont understand why they just wont make new armor, i know tons of people that would pay for new armor[/QUOTE]

I have to completely agree with this. They should have made a new armor and kept recon special.

Maybe the recon armor thing will turn out to just be a rumor.

[quote name='wubb']Grifball is the weekend 2XP list. I'm not super excited to play more grifball but if I can party up with some of the CAG grifball guys it'd be fun. (Everybody likes winning every match, right? :D )[/quote]

I see what you did there.

I know I'm late to the party (just joined a week or two ago), and I may not be able to play right at 8 tonight, but I don't see anybody playing Halo anymore with COD, GoW2, and L4D out. If anybody's up for it, I'll be looking around tonight for CAG.

[quote name='turls']I know I'm late to the party (just joined a week or two ago), and I may not be able to play right at 8 tonight, but I don't see anybody playing Halo anymore with COD, GoW2, and L4D out. If anybody's up for it, I'll be looking around tonight for CAG.[/QUOTE]

I might be up for some however I wont be on until about 10 est time. I look for you since you're already on my friends list.

[quote name='FrankySox']I might be up for some however I wont be on until about 10 est time. I look for you since you're already on my friends list.[/quote]

I'm already committed to Horde at 9pm my time, I'm here with Halo turned on and 3 CAGs in Forge but I don't know how to join them. Is this what the Party should be used for in NXE?

Maybe another time FrankySox, or if you get on a little earlier.

[quote name='Danil ACE']The "Black Friday" gametype is such GARBAGE. Only plasma pistols....LAME[/quote]

That's only one of the gametypes in there.

I was one of those who rushed right out and got all 1000 pts in Halo 3 to get a Katana. Then like so many others I got burned out and have not put the game in for six months or more. When I was reading through a game mag last night I read that you could get new achievements via the new maps and that would lead to recon I got buzzed to play again though I know I will suck ass starting out. So I ask how hard are the vidmasters to get?

bread's done
Back