Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

Supposedly the Halo 3 & ODST discs are totally interchangeable. Doesn't matter which you have in the drive, it's the same multiplayer, just a different disc.

I regret buying Legendary, and don't have Mythic. I kinda feel burned that they are locking me out of a lot of the playlists as I have been pretty loyal to the game.

The Heroic pack was good, and Legendary sucks. What do people think about Mythic? I guess I can hold off until ODST if necessary.

havent played in a couple weeks

go on last night and i'm told that I dont have required maps for the rumble pit

whats up with that?

[quote name='danh920']havent played in a couple weeks

go on last night and i'm told that I dont have required maps for the rumble pit

whats up with that?[/QUOTE]

No offense, but scroll up and read the thread.

So, I was editing a stacked map on Sandbox. I pulled out a kill ball to see what I could do with it. I got too close to it while I was holding it, and died. The kill ball fell onto the stack of respawns... #-o

Had to load an older save.

[quote name='Corvin']Supposedly the Halo 3 & ODST discs are totally interchangeable. Doesn't matter which you have in the drive, it's the same multiplayer, just a different disc.[/QUOTE]

Yea because odst's multiplayer is halo 3 with some new maps coming this fall that it will bring and i guess sold separate in the marketplace. Both will probably be counter as the same game in the top 10 xbl games played.

Damn I really don't want to pony up the points for the maps. Anyways, does anyone know of any users who have re made old halo maps by using sandbox? Im hoping someone remade the maps I liked in previous halos.

[quote name='Bathory']Damn I really don't want to pony up the points for the maps. Anyways, does anyone know of any users who have re made old halo maps by using sandbox? Im hoping someone remade the maps I liked in previous halos.[/QUOTE]

I hate to sound like a dick, but seriously, do people even bother reading the thread before posting?

There are a number of levels that have been recreated, and mentioned in this thread. Some have links, as well as YouTube vids of the level. Scroll up and check 'em out.

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']I regret buying Legendary, and don't have Mythic. I kinda feel burned that they are locking me out of a lot of the playlists as I have been pretty loyal to the game..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I find it to be totally lame. I'm waiting on ODST instead of blowing ~15 bucks extra.

Ok so, I beat the game on Legendary with my buddy this week, but on my Service Record, it doesn't say I did, I even have the achievement(s). On the other end, on my Service Record, it says I'm a "Spartan Officer", but I don't have the achievement for that. Is it just my Service Record, or what? Any help?

Wow, surprised this fell down. Same old, same old. Starting playing Halo with an old buddy again last week. My skills have lately degenerated since I haven't been obessively playing. As I stared into the sky of Valhalla, a Banshee was shooting at me. I finally noticed it was CAG's own GuilewasNK. I ran for cover to send for a chat invite, which lead to my demise while I was fumbling through my freezing dashboard. So that was cool, we partied up and played for a while. Nice guy.

EDIT: And oh yeah, why in the fuck is Team Objective gone?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just need to finish "The Ark" and "The Covenant" chapters to get the Legendary Difficulty achievement. Would anyone be willing to help me complete that in a co-op session?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Wow, surprised this fell down. Same old, same old. Starting playing Halo with an old buddy again last week. My skills have lately degenerated since I haven't been obessively playing. As I stared into the sky of Valhalla, a Banshee was shooting at me. I finally noticed it was CAG's own GuilewasNK. I ran for cover to send for a chat invite, which lead to my demise while I was fumbling through my freezing dashboard. So that was cool, we partied up and played for a while. Nice guy.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah man! That was cool running into you like that. Good games last night.

If anyone wants to play send me a FR. I have all the downloaded maps. A lot of my friends stopped playing so I need a new group. I want to play more consistently but hate playing with randoms. I am on a new gamertag so i haven't played a lot of rank, my skill is only a 13. I was a 45 on my old tag.

[quote name='DomLando']If anyone wants to play send me a FR. I have all the downloaded maps. A lot of my friends stopped playing so I need a new group. I want to play more consistently but hate playing with randoms. I am on a new gamertag so i haven't played a lot of rank, my skill is only a 13. I was a 45 on my old tag.[/QUOTE]

Do you play SWAT? That's pretty much all I like, if you're into that consider me someone who would play a lot with you. I'll add you anyways.

[quote name='FrankySox']Do you play SWAT? That's pretty much all I like, if you're into that consider me someone who would play a lot with you. I'll add you anyways.[/QUOTE]

I'll play anything.

I am getting pretty excited for Bungie day. Tons of maps I have never played and a slim chance to play Bungie, and I am still anticipating it, haha. I really need to assemble a team of good player (or at least people who go even). Imagine how crappy it would be to play Bungie, go something like positive 20 and still lose. Ouch!

players will be able to enjoy three all new multiplayer maps on December
signature_damoo.jpg
:)

Bungie day sucked IMHO. Most of the maps were obviously created by 10 year olds, and the 1/200000+ chance of playing a member of bungie and beating them, it was a failed attempt. Plus, having to hear EVERY group you come across before the game starts..."Congrats, you are playing against the bungie crew, but fuck you, you're not getting recon because you're gay."

Granted, it's better than nothing, and I like the little..."specials?" they sometimes have, but it was pretty lame IMHO. :p

I kept waiting to hear about a special theme for the dash like past years, but I guess that wasn't part of the plan. I did jump in and play a couple games just to check it out. Agree with what was posted before about playing on a bunch of weird maps and in every game everyone asked "are you from bungie?" 100 times or "how do you know you are playing against bungie guys". One guy said "If I get recon I'm going to poop right here". Great, now I remember why I don't like playing ranked Halo since you can't party up and can only play with randoms.

In my last game of the night we lost a close team slayer match. I look at the post game stats and someone on my team went 0-17. At that point I just turned off the game. I'm not saying I'm good, actually I'm usually pretty average, but I think I'd come up with a kill or two even if my controller had no triggers. :wall:

wow i haven't been on h3 in a long while so this just passed me by.
i hadn't even heard about it. : (

you can totally party up for ranked unless it's a free-for-all map.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']God, I love the new Beta Rending feature on Bungie.net. You can render the clips on your file share, save them, and upload them on youtube. Sweet. It's limited to five at a time, but it's pretty friggen awesome. Here's one of my prouder moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyuCI5PKzeE[/QUOTE]

About time they had a feature like that.

Bungie day was blah IMO. I swear if I ever come across 1 Flag five times in a row again I am going to break something. I fucking HATE 1 Flag. Regular CTF is alright with a good group of teammates, but 1 Flag is even more ridiculous than Infection. I also hate in when in playlists slayer gametypes are mixed with objective. I much prefer slayer. They should have had a slayer only playlist for Bungie day.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']God, I love the new Beta Rending feature on Bungie.net. You can render the clips on your file share, save them, and upload them on youtube. Sweet. It's limited to five at a time, but it's pretty friggen awesome. Here's one of my prouder moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyuCI5PKzeE[/QUOTE]

Does Bungie or YT have a time limit? I have a killer run on Valhalla I wouldn't mind uploading. A friend and I went on a tear in the Warthog to start the game off at roughly 30+ to 0. Obviously that's a long clip, which is why I was asking.

There was one map from Bungie VS World that I actually liked. It was an indoor Sandbox map. It was very reminiscent of Colossus from Halo 2. Forgot the name though. That was pretty much the only positive thing from Bungie Day.

Bungie Day also reminded me that this game is full of 10-13 yr olds whose balls haven't dropped yet. One of them looked at my team's rank and says "We're gonna get toasted!" I'm never going near Halo 3 multiplayer again.

Also, only 4 Bungie members playing at 1 time. WTF was that.

Bungie vs The World was pretty lame, all in all. I wasn't trying to face Bungie, but I think instead of having just one team of 4 play at all times, all bungie employees should have been playing for the 24 hour period. Oh well! The maps also pretty crappy, from what I played. Bungie said there would be 35 maps, but I played about 25 games and only played about 10 different maps. Too much repetition, if you ask me. What also annoyed me was that if you vetoed a single flag game, you would still have a chance to get a multiflag game! Personally, I tihnk if an objective game gets vetoed, then it should default to a team slayer variant.

And also, wtf at no free themes or picture packs this year? I would ahve rather had a free picture pack or them than that bungie day playlsit.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I kept waiting to hear about a special theme for the dash like past years, but I guess that wasn't part of the plan. I did jump in and play a couple games just to check it out. Agree with what was posted before about playing on a bunch of weird maps and in every game everyone asked "are you from bungie?" 100 times or "how do you know you are playing against bungie guys". One guy said "If I get recon I'm going to poop right here". Great, now I remember why I don't like playing ranked Halo since you can't party up and can only play with randoms.

In my last game of the night we lost a close team slayer match. I look at the post game stats and someone on my team went 0-17. At that point I just turned off the game. I'm not saying I'm good, actually I'm usually pretty average, but I think I'd come up with a kill or two even if my controller had no triggers. :wall:[/QUOTE]

You can have a party in ranked.

Yeah, I played about 10 games yesterday, and holy crap was it lame. I mean, a number of the rounds were pretty fun, but I swear every fucking time a Flag game came on, at least one or two of my teammates dropped. I had to play a round with a teammate who decided to just teabag all the dead bodies and ignore the game while I had to defend against 4 other players. I also got docked an experience point when the game lagged out due to a shitty host. fuck ranked play.

Yeah too much repetition if there were in fact 35 maps in rotation. Although, I think too much repetition is a problem among all the playlists.

[quote name='Corvin']Does Bungie or YT have a time limit? I have a killer run on Valhalla I wouldn't mind uploading. A friend and I went on a tear in the Warthog to start the game off at roughly 30+ to 0. Obviously that's a long clip, which is why I was asking.[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but it isn't free. It costs money.

[quote name='darth007']There was one map from Bungie VS World that I actually liked. It was an indoor Sandbox map. It was very reminiscent of Colossus from Halo 2. Forgot the name though. That was pretty much the only positive thing from Bungie Day.

Bungie Day also reminded me that this game is full of 10-13 yr olds whose balls haven't dropped yet. One of them looked at my team's rank and says "We're gonna get toasted!" I'm never going near Halo 3 multiplayer again.

Also, only 4 Bungie members playing at 1 time. WTF was that.[/QUOTE]
Just mute everyone that isn't on your friends list or in your party...problem solved.

[quote name='help1']Not sure, but it isn't free. It costs money.[/QUOTE]

I checked it out last night. You have to be a Bungie Pro user to render video (still didn't see YouTube specifically mentioned). Bungie Pro is 750 points now(wasn't it $20 when it came out?).

[quote name='Corvin']I checked it out last night. You have to be a Bungie Pro user to render video (still didn't see YouTube specifically mentioned). Bungie Pro is 750 points now(wasn't it $20 when it came out?).[/QUOTE]

Nah, it was always 750, because I remember saying "I hate these retarded prices like 750. Why not just charge 800 like normal!" If it was a one time fee for bungie pro, I would have considered it, but since it is a subscription service, I'll pass.

Wow, logged onto Halo 3 for the first time in a couple months to see that I am locked out of most of the game modes. I guess microsoft forgot that we are already paying $50 a year for live. Every year I say that I am going to cancel live since I dont play it much, and then say, ahh screw it and let it renew. I guess its time to just consider ending it, especially seeing the way they treat people who have been subscribed for 5+ years......

[quote name='stocker08']Wow, logged onto Halo 3 for the first time in a couple months to see that I am locked out of most of the game modes. I guess microsoft forgot that we are already paying $50 a year for live. Every year I say that I am going to cancel live since I dont play it much, and then say, ahh screw it and let it renew. I guess its time to just consider ending it, especially seeing the way they treat people who have been subscribed for 5+ years......[/QUOTE]

Thats on Bungie not Microsoft.

[quote name='stocker08']Wow, logged onto Halo 3 for the first time in a couple months to see that I am locked out of most of the game modes. I guess microsoft forgot that we are already paying $50 a year for live. Every year I say that I am going to cancel live since I dont play it much, and then say, ahh screw it and let it renew. I guess its time to just consider ending it, especially seeing the way they treat people who have been subscribed for 5+ years......[/QUOTE]

Okay? Bungie is catering to the people who still actually play the game: the fans. We all bought the maps and we want those maps to be put in our ranked matchmaking games, instead of how it was in Halo 2 where everyone in the party needed the new maps and because of that new maps only got played once in every blue moon.

[quote name='help1']Okay? Bungie is catering to the people who still actually play the game: the fans. We all bought the maps and we want those maps to be put in our ranked matchmaking games, instead of how it was in Halo 2 where everyone in the party needed the new maps and because of that new maps only got played once in every blue moon.[/QUOTE]

Are they catering to the fans? It seems more like they are trying to force casual gamers into buying every map pack they come out with. I dont play Halo 3 enough to justify buying them all, so now even though I bought the game and am paying a subscription on xbox live, I am shit out of luck.

Look at COD: WAW, they have all the maps in every playlist so people who did buy the maps get to play them and people who didnt buy them can exit and join another game. Bungie is not capable of a setup like this??? I didnt complain when I couldn't play SWAT, I said oh well, but the only other playlist that I really enjoy was Team Slayer, a basic playlist and they are trying to turn it into some premium, thats bullshit.

[quote name='stocker08']Are they catering to the fans? It seems more like they are trying to force casual gamers into buying every map pack they come out with. I dont play Halo 3 enough to justify buying them all, so now even though I bought the game and am paying a subscription on xbox live, I am shit out of luck.

Look at COD: WAW, they have all the maps in every playlist so people who did buy the maps get to play them and people who didnt buy them can exit and join another game. Bungie is not capable of a setup like this??? I didnt complain when I couldn't play SWAT, I said oh well, but the only other playlist that I really enjoy was Team Slayer, a basic playlist and they are trying to turn it into some premium, thats bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Heroic came out on December 11, 2007. Legendary came out April 15, 2008. Mythic came out April 9, 2009.

Sorry, but spending a total of $30 in the timeframe of almost one and a half years for maps isn't unreasonable. If you don't play Halo enough to justify the purchase or can't afford to pay $30 over an 18 month period it isn't Bungie's fault. Downloadables generate revenue and offset loses to piracy and development costs. They are here to stay.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Heroic came out on December 11, 2007. Legendary came out April 15, 2008. Mythic came out April 9, 2009.

Sorry, but spending a total of $30 in the timeframe of almost one and a half years for maps isn't unreasonable. If you don't play Halo enough to justify the purchase or can't afford to pay $30 over an 18 month period it isn't Bungie's fault. Downloadables generate revenue and offset loses to piracy and development costs. They are here to stay.[/QUOTE]

What about the $60 we paid for the game? We should be able to enjoy that game without spending another $30 or when we buy the game tell us that we will have to buy content in the future to fully use the game we purchased.

[quote name='kklems']What about the $60 we paid for the game? We should be able to enjoy that game without spending another $30 or when we buy the game tell us that we will have to buy content in the future to fully use the game we purchased.[/QUOTE]

Straight up. I didnt buy the game thinking that eventually, bungie might restrict my use. It really sucks, and I realize that the maps do not cost a whole lot, but this is about principle. Forcing us to purchase extra content in the future to use the features we should already have, is a really lame move.

[quote name='kklems']What about the $60 we paid for the game? We should be able to enjoy that game without spending another $30 or when we buy the game tell us that we will have to buy content in the future to fully use the game we purchased.[/QUOTE]

Well if you enjoy the game that much that you need more playlists to have fun, then you would be willing to spend that $30 for new maps. If you don't value the luxury of having additional playlists to play games on, there are still some playlists open that you can play games in.

[quote name='help1']Well if you enjoy the game that much that you need more playlists to have fun, then you would be willing to spend that $30 for new maps. If you don't value the luxury of having additional playlists to play games on, there are still some playlists open that you can play games in.[/QUOTE]

Nobody said we were demanding extra playlists. We just want the playlists that came default with the game. You dont have to be Bungie's bitch right now (which it seems you are). They could easily implement a system that pairs people with the new maps together and you know that. They dont because they want to sell more of their map packs and its ridiculous.

[quote name='stocker08']Nobody said we were demanding extra playlists. We just want the playlists that came default with the game. You dont have to be Bungie's bitch right now (which it seems you are). They could easily implement a system that pairs people with the new maps together and you know that. They dont because they want to sell more of their map packs and its ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I'm not being bungie's bitch. Bungie did exactly what you are saying in Halo 2, and it didn't work. The new maps never got played in matchmaking until they became free. The reason being that it would require every person in the matchmade party to not only have the maps, but then you would need to get the new map from the random selection, so the chances of playing the new maps that you paid for were extremely slim. For example in team slayer, if just one person didn't have the maps, then the chance of playing the new maps would be null and void, and there was always at least one or two people who didn't pay for the maps, so then everyone who bought the maps was only limited to using them in custom games. Now the concept of DLC eventually becoming free has vanished, so you have map packs that just go down slightly in price.

And what is this shit that you pay $50 a year for xbl. You visit cheapassgamer just like the rest of us, and there is always a deal to get 1 year cards for ~30. Hell if you combined XBL sub card deals and MSP point deals, you would have been able to afford the Halo maps and not lose any money.

I always just let it automatically renew, should probably look for some deals I guess.......

I am just trying to say that Bungie could easily implement a system that pairs people with the new maps together. Its not futuristic technology. They choose not to becuase they want to force people into buying the map packs.

Call of Duty: World at War has it set up where people who dont have the new maps get booted and have to join another game. Simple.

[quote name='stocker08']

I am just trying to say that Bungie could easily implement a system that pairs people with the new maps together. Its not futuristic technology. They choose not to becuase they want to force people into buying the map packs.
[/QUOTE]

They've been doing that for 18 months. It is a rare occasion that all 8+ people would all have the maps which makes dropping money on them pointless unless you play custom matches. Sure you made a one time purchase two years ago, but like it or not, Bungie is tailoring the playlists to those that continue to support them by buying DLC.

The requirement for the new maps is new as of a few months ago. There are still some playlists that don't require them.

bread's done
Back