Halo 3 Legendary - $39.99 w/ free shipping at Newegg

Wasn't there a fiasco with these last time? Something about being used or some other form of shadiness if I remember...

[quote name='bones56']I dont know about other orders but mine came in perfect unopened condition. That was almost a year ago i am suprised that this is still floating around. lol

I did some soul searching and i found this for anyone who is curious. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215061[/QUOTE]

And these missing discs were in SEALED boxes? (well, I guess they weren't in the sealed boxes was the problem to begin with...)

gotta love this: "Due to the unusal size and weight of this product an extra $10 shipping and handling fee will be applied. Product specifications may change by Microsoft. Helmet cannot be worn." - Yet, qualifies for 'free shipping'...has anybody checked out yet? Man, I could only fathom getting this, I'd definitely pay this price, just don't have room for it...

LOL just when I finally get the limited edition at the price I wanted.... bit on this either way.... I had it on auto-notify since it last went out of stock.

Yep, you'll find some rather angry comments from me in that original thread - they strung me along and charged me and then never shipped anything at all. But still, I've been trying to track this thing down for a while and for that price shipped. . . I'll take another shot.

After all, these things have to run out someday, right? lol

This is a great deal. I got mine at launch for $84. If I had the extra $$$, I'd pick one up to leave in the box for collecting purposes.

[quote name='prateeko']And these missing discs were in SEALED boxes? (well, I guess they weren't in the sealed boxes was the problem to begin with...)[/QUOTE]

I am just saying that when mine arrived it still was sealed with the street date label on it, so i guess its a crap shoot. Regardless a year later this is still a great price.

[quote name='bones56']I am just saying that when mine arrived it still was sealed with the street date label on it, so i guess its a crap shoot. Regardless a year later this is still a great price.[/QUOTE]

Not really that great--considering all the extra content you would have to buy to catch up that you can get mostly included with ODST. Buy only for the helmet, honestly.

I got this back in March and had no problems with mine. No shipping charges. Box came in good shape. Actually I took the covering and put it on my wall and use the box it comes in for stuff too.

Great price for a great Collectors Edition

[quote name='turls']Not really that great--considering all the extra content you would have to buy to catch up that you can get mostly included with ODST. Buy only for the helmet, honestly.[/QUOTE]

well considering the game on Newegg is 36.99 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874105470&cm_re=halo_3-_-74-105-470-_-Product

This turns out to be an unbeiveable price for this. I agree you have to purchase a lot to get caught up with all of the newer maps but its hard to argue that this is not a good price.

[quote name='Brian9824']Gotta love those people who paid full price huh?[/QUOTE]

At least those people had their copy THREE YEARS AGO.

How is it possible these are still in stock? And why is this the lowest price we've seen? Several places had them for $60 two years ago. Two years later and only another $20 off? Strange.

Not bad. I lucked out and got my legendary edition for free from the kotaku Christmas party. I didn't know people were still searching for these. Great buy!

Thanks for the post. TRU wouldn't sell me the last copy of Halo 3, because someone "might be coming back for it". So no B1G1 1/2Off. But this will suffice for a better present. =D

[quote name='BingoBrown']At least those people had their copy THREE YEARS AGO.

How is it possible these are still in stock? And why is this the lowest price we've seen? Several places had them for $60 two years ago. Two years later and only another $20 off? Strange.[/QUOTE]

Newegg had em for same price over a year ago. Thats when I got mine. Maybe they found a shipment in a warehouse somewhere? Maybe its old circuit city stock? Maybe microsoft is employing child labor to make more of these? Who knows. It's a good deal for anyone who wants it.

The helmet looks awesome on my shelf and you can always use it to hold your Call of Duty games if you want a good shooter :)

Curious about this. Is the game that is included fold wrapped like the regular game?? I already have halo 3, but if I could sell the game inside on ebay, it may be worth it for the extra content and the helmet??

[quote name='hotwls13']Curious about this. Is the game that is included fold wrapped like the regular game?? I already have halo 3, but if I could sell the game inside on ebay, it may be worth it for the extra content and the helmet??[/QUOTE]

I'd think so. People sell it on ebay all the time....then have separate auctions for just the helmet etc.

The helmet is pretty nice as far as "limited edition" crap goes, and probably worth it if your a fan of Halo, and have a place to put it.

I'm going to guess that newegg bought overstock of somebody else's inventory hoping that it'll sell as well as it did last time they offered it.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']Is this worth it if i have ODST?[/QUOTE]

Depends. If you only really care about multiplayer, then no, because ODST has all of the Halo 3 multiplayer on the 2nd disc.

However, if you want to play the Halo 3 campaign and want a pretty cool Master Chief helmet, then yeah. The other great thing about the Legendary edition is that it comes with a movie of all the cutscenes from Halo 1 and 2. It is perfect for someone who doesn't know the backstory, and is great for those who played through both of those games, but may have forgotten some of the storyline.

For $40, as long as you're interested in playing the single player, I'd say go for it.

well, i'm not that into all the extras and i picked up that huge master chief during Amazon's sale so that helmet doesn't really do much for me.

i'll grab this when it eventually becomes a PH ... I remember when I picked up Halo 1 for $8 new ...

It'll happen eventually ... in no rush.

I bought this at Newegg for a little more money and it came brand new. I recommend it to any fan of collector's editions, props, or FPSs.

[quote name='romeogbs19']well, i'm not that into all the extras and i picked up that huge master chief during Amazon's sale so that helmet doesn't really do much for me.

i'll grab this when it eventually becomes a PH ... I remember when I picked up Halo 1 for $8 new ...

It'll happen eventually ... in no rush.[/QUOTE]

Can a collector's edition become a PH?

This is an amazing price. I paid $65 for my regular edition on release. I can't justify buying the game again... But if I had lots of extra money to blow, I would get it.

[quote name='Kaltic']Can a collector's edition become a PH?[/QUOTE]
uhhh no. He's probably talking about the regular version.

I picked it up the last time it was for sale(same price IIRC) but ODST wasn't out yet and the standard version of Halo 3 was still selling for about $40. I don't think I would recommend this unless you're a fan of the series or just like video game collectibles(the helmet is very well made). If you just like multiplayer, then just skip it. ODST is a better value as it has all of the DLC and Firefight.

Thanks for the heads up op. Went ahead and ordered one even though I already have Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST, I missed it last time at this price. These things have to stop coming in stock eventually.

Long time fan of the Halo series. Even though I already own Halo 3 and ODST, I still decided to bite. Free shipping too :D

Thanks! In for one just for the bonus discs and helmet. Never play the game anymore so will just goozex my old regular copy off.

I traded in my Halo 3 two months ago and then my friends whined about it. So I went for this deal. The LE should shut their mouths - or I'll bop 'em with the helmet.

I bought this for 39.99 about a year and a half ago when best buy was clearancing them off, pretty good deal for that price. I miss the days when BB would price games super low just to clear old stock. They STILL have a copy of BiA:hell's highway LE at mine.

Yeah, I remember this being $40 about a year ago on NewEgg, even (I remember it was about 2 weeks after I bought the collector's edition off NewEgg for about $45). It's a good deal if you're into that sort of thing (trinkets and whatnot).

bread's done
Back