Halo 3: Midnight Madness Dog Tag @Wal-Mart

PaleGreen

CAGiversary!
I just got a copy of the Sept 2-8 Wal-Mart circular. On page 13A, it mentions the following:

Midnight Release!

Halo 3

Tuesday 9/25 - 12:01 AM

Find plenty in stock and get your own collectible Halo 3 dog tag at the event!

While supplies last. At participating locations only. Hours may not apply at all stores.

[quote name='rhg84']anyone know if they will have the legendary edition?[/quote]

FWIW, they've got the LE and CE on their website.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=610359

It looks like they're fully onboard for the Halo 3 launch. It wouldn't surprise me to see a few pallets of each edition, along with the H3 console, wireless controller, faceplate, guide, etc.

Nintendo should do a collector's edition of Smash Bros Brawl with collectible figures, like the trophies, in each box. Except, each box contains five random ones, so you have to buy multiple copies to collect them all. Gotta catch em all!

If its like the harry potter launch they will hand the freebies out to anyone, I got a harry potter plastic wristband and I didn't even buy the book.

[quote name='elwood731']Nintendo should do a collector's edition of Smash Bros Brawl with collectible figures, like the trophies, in each box. Except, each box contains five random ones, so you have to buy multiple copies to collect them all. Gotta catch em all![/QUOTE]
i'd prefer that they ship it with a headset and have it feature online gaming.

[quote name='Enemy15']so wal-mart gets something and target got something, are we going to get anything from GS/EB?[/QUOTE]

Maybe the game...if you preordered.

[quote name='AtlusParker']Maybe the game...if you preordered.[/quote]

mines already paid for at EB, but still no info on any swag.

We all know the evil that is Wal Mart but they will be having a mightnight launch for Halo 3. Even if your Wal Mart isn't a 24 hour location it WILL be open for the launch of Halo. They will also have dedicaded lines for people purchasing the game so you can get home and play sooner.

In addition they will be giving away Halo 3 dog tags to people buying the game.

Oh and don't forget Best Buy will be providing Xbox LIVE GOLD access for EVERYONE from September 25-28th.

Link: http://halo3.tma-walmart.com/?adid=1500000000000003256770&dest=123948

Cool. This means I won't need to go to a stupid midnight party at EB/GS and they'll probably have ample on hand of all the editions like they had of Harry Potter. Wouldn't surprise me if they had palettes of every version of the game.

I was planning on hitting Walmart already. I work until midnight and walmart is 1/2 mile away from work, I have a bunch of store credit on a gift card and I refuse to go to GS, which is right next to WM.

I can foresee GS having alot of people at midnite, but people seem to overlook Walmart when it comes to video games. I prefer to be in and out as quickly as possible.

[quote name='Zoglog']All of this useless schwag crap can't trump the benefit of Tax free on Amazon :D[/quote]
For me, paying an extra $3, is totally worth playing it on release day and not a week down the road.

Does anyone here have any idea or clue about how many DogTags are available per store? I'm undecided between this and the Best Buy launch....but I'm thinking BestBuy may have better freebies?

[quote name='icedout297']For me, paying an extra $3, is totally worth playing it on release day and not a week down the road.[/QUOTE]

#1 Legendary + Tax = a whole lot more
#2 Amazon Prime = Suparfast shipping.

Sounds good to me. I'll be going there anyway since its 5mins away. Also the convenience of being able to get drinks and snacks is a plus.

[quote name='Zoglog']All of this useless schwag crap can't trump the benefit of Tax free on Amazon :D[/QUOTE]

Yes it does. Especially when you live in Oregon =D

im getting mine at ebgames, because i have it paid off in full there, but ill swing by my walmart on the way home and get my old coworkers to give me some extra dogtags =P

[quote name='SuperJedi']Can you get it WithOUT buy the game?[/quote]

The dogtags? I HIGHLY doubt Walmart is going to just give them away to anyone who walks in. It's their incentive for you buying the game from them, and not somewhere else. If you go in demanding free dogtags without purchase, they'll probably laugh you out the door.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Can you get it WithOUT buy the game?[/quote]That's probably YMMV as some stores may just hand them out to people in line and some might just give them to you as you are checking out. You might be able to just ask one of the employees and get lucky to find someone generous/nice.

This will be a no-go at my local Walmart stores. Our city (Madison, WI) forbids Walmart from being open 24 hours. They all have to be closed from 11pm to 6am. Stupid hippies.

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']That's probably YMMV as some stores may just hand them out to people in line and some might just give them to you as you are checking out. You might be able to just ask one of the employees and get lucky to find someone generous/nice.[/quote]

If it's anything like the midnight DVD release of Pirates of the Carribean 2 with the free t-shirts, they'll have two people at each register. One scans the item while the other hands them the free item to be put in the bag.

Of course this was at my local Walmart, so it may be different elsewhere.

Yet they were handing out free posters, bookmarks and wristbands at the door at the harry potter launch, at least here, to anyone who wanted them. They will probably have a huge stock of these dog tags. They had so much harry potter promotional stuff that they were handing it out throughout the next day at the store to random people as they walked out the door.

There were also pallets full of HP books so I would expect them to have PLENTY of copies of the game in stock. If there is one thing walmart does right its having more than enough stock of popular items on release, unlike gamestop. Theoretically Gamestop should have pallets of copies too, since you know they are a gaming store and they specialize in video games, however they only get enough to just barely cover preorders. People do overlook walmart and everyone thinks they have to preorder just to get it.

I have no interest in buying the game but I suspect given the area that I live in and its gaming tastes (everyone here likes sports games and FPS), that it will be very busy for this. It is the end of the month though, and given that this area is almost all welfare people, and the fact that most of these people already burnt their money on labor day weekend and on tons of back to school items and school supplies, a lot of people might be holding out for the first of the moth.

So the question is if I buy for the freebies and to play at midnight, when I return it when I get my $99 legendary edition in the mail from CC, will they make me return the freebies and/or pay for them?

bread's done
Back