Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta Hits Xbox LIVE Worldwide on May 16

eshbums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Microsoft Game Studios and Bungie Studios offer gamers exclusive first experience of one of 2007s most anticipated entertainment releases.

REDMOND, Wash.  April 10, 2007  Microsoft Game Studios and Bungie Studios today confirmed the multiplayer beta of Halo. 3 will debut to audiences worldwide via Xbox LIVE. on May 16 at 5 a.m. PDT and run through June 6 at 11:59 p.m. PDT. Coming exclusively to the Xbox 360 console this fall, Halo 3 is the highly anticipated third chapter in the groundbreaking Halo trilogy from legendary developers Bungie. Halo 3 lets gamers experience Master Chiefs greatest battle as he launches an epic mission to stop the Covenant, destroy the impending Flood threat and ultimately save mankind.

Made possible through Microsoft Corp.s Xbox LIVE gaming and entertainment network, which provides a robust online service for more than 6 million gamers worldwide, the multiplayer beta for Halo 3 will give anxious Xbox 360 gamers their first opportunity to get their hands on the new levels, weapons, vehicles and game types, as well as a chance to provide valuable data that Bungie will use in continued development. Starting May 16, gamers who secured their admission to the multiplayer beta either through the Rule of Three promotion or by purchasing a specially marked copy of Crackdown for Xbox 360 will be able to don their Spartan armor, download the beta on Xbox LIVE, and jump online using their Xbox LIVE Gold account* to battle other gamers from around the world.

When gamers gather online to play the multiplayer beta via Xbox LIVE in May, they will be treated to three richly detailed, action-oriented maps: Snowbound, High Ground and Valhalla, which represent a mixture of large- and medium-scale combat environments and are brand-new to Halo 3. Each map will test gamers mettle as they are placed behind the controls of new Halo 3 vehicles such as the agile Mongoose all-terrain vehicle, and armed with deadly weapons such as the new and improved Assault Rifle, the ferocious Brute Spiker, the devastating Spartan Laser and the treacherous new Spike Grenades. This is just a taste of what gamers will experience later this fall when Halo 3 goes on sale.

Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 changed the face of console gaming forever, said Shane Kim, corporate vice president of Microsoft Game Studios. Gamers from around the world have logged more than 800 million hours on Xbox LIVE playing Halo 2, and years after its launch it remains the No. 1 title on our Xbox LIVE network. Bringing an early look at the multiplayer elements of Halo 3 to our passionate fan base is tremendously exciting for us.

Gamers worldwide who did not participate in the Rule of Three promotion but are interested in joining the multiplayer beta of Halo 3 can still participate through the purchase of the critically acclaimed Xbox 360 title Crackdown, which was launched in February. Crackdown sets players loose in a free-form, persistent city for action-packed crime fighting that requires a bigger, faster and stronger hero that evolves as a more efficient weapon through continued gameplay. Each copy of Crackdown has been specially marked with a Halo 3 beta sticker prior to the beta period, and starting May 16 the game will act as a key for gamers to download and participate in the Halo 3 multiplayer beta.

In addition, gamers who cant wait for the multiplayer beta this May can get an even earlier look at Halo 3 with a new, behind-the-scenes video feature available at http://www.bungie.net and in high definition over Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Starting today, viewers can go behind the scenes at Bungie Studios to learn about the people, technology and process that are making Halo 3 an unforgettable multiplayer experience, and to get a taste of what to expect from the upcoming Halo 3 multiplayer beta. The latest multiplayer video documentary, titled Is Quisnam Protero Damno!, will offer a glimpse at how Halo 3 multiplayer maps are being designed, built and architected, and how these amazing spaces are converted into fun places in which to play. Gamers can also catch the first-ever glimpse of brand-new Halo 3 multiplayer levels in their early stages of evolution and construction.

About Bungie Studios

Bungie Studios was founded in 1991 with two goals: to develop games that combine brilliant technology, beautiful art, intelligent stories and deep gameplay, and then sell enough of those games to achieve its real goal of total world domination. Over the past 10 years it has produced games such as the Marathon Trilogy and the first two Myth games, hailed as classics by critics and gamers around the world. Bungies Halo franchise is an international award-winning action title that has grown into a global entertainment phenomenon, selling more than 14.7 million units worldwide, logging over 800 million hours of multiplayer action on Xbox LIVE and spawning action figures, books, a graphic novel, apparel and more. Bungie is currently at work on Halo 3, which represents the third chapter in this Halo trilogy and is slated for release in 2007. More information on Bungie can be found at http://www.bungie.net.

About Microsoft Game Studios

Microsoft Game Studios is a leading worldwide publisher and developer of games for the Xbox. and Xbox 360 video game systems, the Windows. operating system and online platforms. Comprising a network of top developers, Microsoft Game Studios is committed to

creating innovative and diverse games for Windows (http://www.microsoft.com/games), including such franchises as Age of Empires., Flight Simulator and Zoo Tycoon.; Xbox and Xbox 360 (http://www.xbox.com), including such games as Gears of War and franchises such as Halo, Fable., Project Gotham Racing. and Forza Motorsport.; and MSN. Games (http://www.games.msn.com), the official games channel for the MSN network and home to such hits as Bejeweled and Hexic..

About Microsoft

Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq MSFT) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.

Sweetness!

Guess I'll have to rent Crackdown again. God do I hate that game. Hopefully the DLC comes out at about the same time so I can grab a few extra achievments while I have it.

so I guess i can finally return my copy of crackdown I have been renting for the past couple of months, they realy did mean late spring, I thought it was just to get people of their backs... I probably just wait til early may then order the game from microsoft for FREE then after the beta is over trade it in at GC.

Great news!!
I believe it will atleast be as good as Halo 2 multi player. But my hope is that it will be even better. I wish the new blood gultch was one of the maps. I forget its name now so it might be and I didnt notice.

:applause:

I'm pretty new to Halo (I used to play the first game at a friend's house, but I never owned an Xbox before my 360) but I have to say I'm pretty excited about the game. I was definitely impressed by the video.

Any Halo veterans want to comment on the video?

Sweet, glad I grabbed Crackdown in the Play-Asia sale, I'll suck online but it will be cool to see what Halo 3 is gonna look like on 360.

[quote name='derder']wait, so what does the x button do, was it really the shield?[/QUOTE]

The Master Chief turns into a robotic arm, capable of using the Halo construct to frisbee out any alien threat...with the X button. Kind of like Transformers on 'roids if you know what I mean.

.......they still have yet to say anything about the button :whistle2:?

Apparently the X button allows you to buy a healthpack in-game from the Marketplace for 10 points.

Bungie wanted them to be given away free but MS said........................

Ah! Its been confirmed... sorta. Frankie has said this:

X Button is DEPLOY EQUIPMENT

You saw three kinds in the vid.

It has nothing to do with nades or power ups.
So, according to the video, there is the shield, the trap mine, but whats the third? IT could be the thing a :35 in the video that is on the floor, which would make sense that Bungie wouldn't want us to know about the X button in its entirety yet.

Link:http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=10495722&postRepeater1-p=2

[quote name='Mister Switch']Phew. AFTER i finish school :)[/QUOTE]

my roommate and i agree. if this came out during school, we would more than likely fail out, haha.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Dont forget about the Halo3 beta CAG clan guys,[/quote]

I might want to join. Where's the signup sheet?

[quote name='help1']Ah! Its been confirmed... sorta. Frankie has said this:

So, according to the video, there is the shield, the trap mine, but whats the third? IT could be the thing a :35 in the video that is on the floor, which would make sense that Bungie wouldn't want us to know about the X button in its entirety yet.

Link:http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=10495722&postRepeater1-p=2[/quote]Some guy mentioned later on in that thread that it is a "portable gravity jump"

hell yeah!
interesting that they decided to have it up for a few weeks, i hope that playing the beta so much wont ruin the actual release of the game

that shield ball thing is badass - especially since it's not stationary. the mines also have a lot of potential. but what i'm lookin forward to the most is that save feature that lets you pause and rotate the camera for a panorama shot of people flying from grenade blasts...

can't wait.... much longer....

Ouch.. Less than a month. And my live runs out in may.. how convenient.

I just sold my Crackdown because I was tired of waiting. I wanted to sell it while it was still worth some money and I thought they were going to fix Gears with the new update.

In hindsight I should have just sold Gears and kept Crackdown.

Glad to finally see a date now I gotta start hunting up a cheap copy of Crackdown.

I see lots of "sick" gamers on May 16th. :D

Wouldn't want to go up a ladder before this dude.
1176217737.jpg

1176217765.jpg

1176217733.jpg

1176217735.jpg

1176217714.jpg

These look like screen caps from a low res video. Don't be fooled by the "fuzzy" look.

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/1353/Halo-3/p1/

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wouldn't want to go up a ladder before this dude.

These look like screen caps from a low res video. Don't be fooled by the "fuzzy" look.

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/1353/Halo-3/p1/[/quote]
There is no real reason to post those images, other than to see more gameplay elements, since they are Alpha (bungie has stated it) and we have seen our share of Alpha.

That gravity thing is in one of teh pictures.

[quote name='Puzznic']I just sold my Crackdown because I was tired of waiting. I wanted to sell it while it was still worth some money and I thought they were going to fix Gears with the new update.

In hindsight I should have just sold Gears and kept Crackdown.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding right? Gears is way better than crackdown.

I cannot wait. I got into Halo well after release (about a year ago) so I was far behind in the learning curve. I don't imagine the jump from Xbox will be that large, but hopefully will give me a chance at becoming somewhat competitive

bread's done
Back