Halo 3 ODST / Forza 3 from Gamestop

jenksalot

CAGiversary!
Hi all,

I recently preordered NBA 2k11 from Gamestop.com and picked up Halo ODST/Forza 3 "Two-pack" used since it was on sale. Anyways, the box clearly states "Not For Resale" on it. Couple things- 1) How are they allowed to resell it? 2) Will I be able to trade it back to them if I don;t like it? I'm mostly just bothered that it all came in one case, with room to hold one disc, and it came with 4 discs. Lame.

It was used. The Not for Resale is only there so that people or retailers don't try to take it out of the bundle and sell it as new. You can do just about anything you want when it's used, including sell it.

That double pack of Halo 3 ODST / Forza 3 seems like a decent deal. For about $50 you get two games, while if you buy them separately at gamestop it would cost about $70.

I might get this double pack or should I just wait for both separate games to price-drop since it will just be in my backlog for awhile anyway?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']That double pack of Halo 3 ODST / Forza 3 seems like a decent deal. For about $50 you get two games, while if you buy them separately at gamestop it would cost about $70.

I might get this double pack or should I just wait for both separate games to price-drop since it will just be in my backlog for awhile anyway?[/QUOTE]

Depends. There's a bunch of DLC for Forza 3 you don't get in that pack (even if you got it new in a console bundle) that you would get if you bought Forza 3 by itself new.

I'd wait a bit as I'm sure this will go down in price next month as Halo Reach comes out now, and there's likely going to be a greatest hit/ultimate edition of Forza 3 sometime in the next 2 months so this 2-game bundle will get cheaper.

ODST is suppose to be $20 at Kmart...if you have a store near you...and if they actually have the game...

Anyway, as the other poster said, the "not for resale" is to keep businesses from breaking apart bundles. Once the bundle is sold, you can do whatever you want with the stuff, including trading it to GS, who then sells it.

[quote name='Ziv']It was used. The Not for Resale is only there so that people or retailers don't try to take it out of the bundle and sell it as new. You can do just about anything you want when it's used, including sell it.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I've never been one to be like "fuck Gamestop!" but my last few online orders have had problems.

[quote name='jenksalot'] I'm mostly just bothered that it all came in one case, with room to hold one disc, and it came with 4 discs. Lame.[/QUOTE]

It comes in one case. Probably one with the spindly thing in the middle that flips for a second disc, but still one case.

It is kind of lame that they can take it out and resell it since it comes free in the first place, but, meh. Corporations using lame tactics to make money isn't the newest thing ever.

[quote name='Survivalism']It is kind of lame that they can take it out and resell it since it comes free in the first place, but, meh. Corporations using lame tactics to make money isn't the newest thing ever.[/QUOTE]

They aren't taking the games out out of the bundle. That would definitely piss off Microsoft. People are trading them in.

[quote name='Survivalism']It comes in one case. Probably one with the spindly thing in the middle that flips for a second disc, but still one case.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the problem is they took the spindly thing out so it's just like any other case. Now I have 3 discs I don;t know where to keep.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back