Halo 3: ODST - Gen. Discussion & Info

Sorry guys, apparently it was me that was making us lag because my internet went out shortly after that. Hope we can get together again and give it another attempt, ONI site seems pretty doable.

It's all good. I know what it's like to have crappy internet. Heck, I thought it was me at first since Verizon has loved to screw with me since we moved here.

I can play tonight, but my headset died. I dunno what happened. I changed the batteries in my controller, and ever since then the headset stopped working. I can't hear any chat too good through the TV either. So if we play, I'm headsetless.

[quote name='Blackout']I can play tonight, but my headset died. I dunno what happened. I changed the batteries in my controller, and ever since then the headset stopped working. I can't hear any chat too good through the TV either. So if we play, I'm headsetless.[/QUOTE]
No biggie.

I'll check back later to see if anything is going on tonight.

I'm good tonight or whenever. Also (and I'll update when it goes through), I'll no longer be working weekends at some point in the future, so my time restriction there will no longer be a problem (until I manage to find a new job).

For the headset thing, has it just stopped completely or is it possible to mess with the wire a bit? I know on my first headset, if I had it plugged in from a certain angle, it worked for a little while longer, although admittingly, it is a hassle.

[quote name='JStryke']I'm good tonight or whenever. Also (and I'll update when it goes through), I'll no longer be working weekends at some point in the future, so my time restriction there will no longer be a problem (until I manage to find a new job).

For the headset thing, has it just stopped completely or is it possible to mess with the wire a bit? I know on my first headset, if I had it plugged in from a certain angle, it worked for a little while longer, although admittingly, it is a hassle.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. When I plug it out then back it, I can hear sound for literally two seconds in the headset, but then after that it starts going through the TV.

Don't know what went on tonight, but I wasn't around till after 10 Eastern, anyway. I'm game for tomorrow, though I will probably be getting in a game of Madden for the CAG tournament.

I work tonight but am off Wednesday/Thursday this week if that works for any of you, any time in the afternoon/evening. Any time those two nights work for you guys? Would like to knock these achievements out before Reach as the chance of me getting them after that are probably nil.

I do know sometime this week I'm going to town for dinner, but don't know when. So as far as I know, I'm good whenever.

If anyone needs an extra copy of the game and got the first issue of @Gamer magazine for being a member of the Best Buy Gamer's Club, there's a coupon in the magazine(between pages 64/65 with a whole sheet of coupons)that gives $20 off the current $39.99 MSRP making it $19.99 for a copy.

The coupon is valid from 6/24/10 to 7/31/10.

I know I missed most of the activity here that was going on a month or so ago. In any case , I want to try and finish getting the rest of the achievements I need for this and Halo 3 (and Wars , although I haven't even started that) before Reach comes out (giving me just around 2 months). I need beat the campaign on Legendary , Deja Vu , and all the Firefight ones. The beat the campaign on legendary may not be an issue , since I know this game is generally easier than Halo3 was on Legendary , plus I could always play with my brother split-screen if need be. The others of course I can't.

Arranging games is the hardest thing for me because I work schedule is never consistent and can be all over the place with days and times.

Not sure exactly. ODST is "simpler" since it's mostly firefight. Hardest part (generally speaking) would probably be arranging a group. Halo 3 is a bit tougher (for me at least) since all of the achievements I'm missing there (save for annual) are the damn multiplayer ones. I didn't really want to have to boost for those (some of those I'm not even sure would be boostable) but I really don't know. I suppose I could just start playing the multiplayer again and hope for the best but that doesn't seem like it'll get me very far.

I'm game for some ODST as well as I'm looking to get the remainder of the firefight achievements (have 3 so far). Any night but tonight (going to my mom's for 4th of July).

Firefight sounds good to me. I haven't gone through them all yet. I still need the endure achievement.
I'd love to go through Halo 3 on legendary. Probably the only way I'd end up with that achievement.

I can't do tomorrow(Tuesday night) but could do wednesday or thursday if you guys want to do a firefight round or two(or whatever else!) I had forgotten about this game over the last week or so, would still like to knock out as many of these achievements as possible before Reach.

I know its a laughably long time out, but Sunday night I will be up for any of the firefight achievements(I have 2 already) or endure.

Yeah , my schedule is going to make it hard to play the rest of the week. I'm free all day tomorrow , but thursday and friday I'd only be able to play in the morning (anything before 1pm) or really late (after midnight). Don't know about the weekend yet.

[quote name='cyberduelist2']Just got the game, so it would be nice to know some people to play with. anyone down for campaign or firefight?[/QUOTE]

You came in at the right time. We've kinda been discussing this very thing the last page or so.:)

I have this on its way to me from Goozex, probably won't get it until early next week would be my guess. I'd be up for playing some then, but be forewarned that I suck at Halo.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I have this on its way to me from Goozex, probably won't get it until early next week would be my guess. I'd be up for playing some then, but be forewarned that I suck at Halo.[/QUOTE]

At least you'll be playing with a team , rather than against others.;)

I should be able to show up at 10pm EST tonight. Tomorrow , as I said before , will be out of the question for me , unless everyone is still playing or wants to play by the time I get home from work.

I am headed out to dinner around 7:30-8pm EST so I may not be back til a little after 10 pm, so feel free to start without me if you guys can. I'll make it a point to hop on as soon as I can after getting back though!

Tonight was a bust (also, sam, check your pms), but would Thursday work for anybody? Works for me, and I guess cyberduelist at the very least.

bread's done
Back