Halo 3: ODST - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Jon Bon']Hufferstl and I were able to boost most of the mythic and legendary ones last night. if you guys can just buddy up and connect 3 extra controllers then it's really easy. Just play team mythic and get the achieves![/QUOTE]

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']Yeah thats what I was thinking of doing although I would need 1 extra person, since I only have 2 extra controllers.[/QUOTE]

I have a full set of controllers if that helps anyone.

The language trick is really easy to do and only the achievements you get while using the other language stay in Chinese so unless that really irks you there is no need to recover your tag afterwards. Remember your truskill has to be within 10 or so of the other people you are matching up with in order to get everyone together that way.

When you guys were boosting with 4 controllers each against each other did anyone get XP banned by bungie? They had been doing 1 or 2 week xp bans if you had multiple controllers on one console sitting idle while playing games. I only need like 30 more xp to get the stupid 0 point Lightswitch achievement in Social Slayer and the last thing I want is to get xp banned for 2 weeks by boosting it that way. How many total games did you guys play last night?

[quote name='StarKnightX']I have a full set of controllers if that helps anyone.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I'd wanna do the social mythic maps, but I'd only have 3 controllers to offer if there was one more person who wants to do the achievements then we'd be all set.

Starknight and iceblueshoes I'll send you both an invite when I get on my xbox 360. I'll be on and off all day today, so we can get most of them done.

I'll pop on tonight possibly...

What's this gamertag thing referring to?
Is it just changing the language to just get more achievement points?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='theredworm']I need the newer map achievements too, have just one extra controller I can plug in. I'll be around almost all day today and tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Great games today red, a big thanks to everyone, you included for the great achievement session.

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']Great games today red, a big thanks to everyone, you included for the great achievement session.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, you as well, got my xp banhammer when I logged back on. Guess I won't play grifball for the 0 pointer.

Wish i still had this game as all i need was the VidMaster Annual achievement but i never found anyone to play with but i never thought of asking CAG for help one it sucks for me

[quote name='Matt Young']Anyone want to play tomorrow night after 9 P.M. Eastern? I still need all firefight and most of the map pack achievements.[/QUOTE]

I'm game for some firefight.

I'm down for certain firefight maps too. Also, looking to get a group together to boost Save this Film, and Alas, Poor Yorrick on Halo 3. Let me know if interested.

I'm up to play some tonight as well. I need to get most of the firefight, and (if anyone's up for it) the "deja vu" vidmaster achievement.

Just got home (went to town a little bit ago) and I'll be jumping on shortly. Might be playing Velvet Assassin, but go ahead and invite me then.

Looking at our achievement lists, if we want to hit one none of us have, looks like our options tonight are security point and last exit.

If anyone wants to set up and a game I am willing to play I unfortunately don't have a lot of the multiplayer achievements. Would be great to get some. My XBL Gamertag is Jason0323.

Played two good games with StormNorm on Alpha Site. We were about 6k away the first time when the game glitched us out which sucked, but then we dominated the 2nd time around to get the 200k there.

Yeah great games JStryke! Except by 6k away that first time you really meant like 3k :). I think we jinxed ourselves by joking about choking on that last round and not making it to 200k.

I'm ready whenever you guys are. Thinking of popping in Blur so it may be a few minutes before I respond if I'm in a race.

looking to try and get "annual" sometime soon. If anyone is interested let me know or send me a message on live. Why do i feel this is going to suck though.... evil achievement

[quote name='Rhippo']looking to try and get "annual" sometime soon. If anyone is interested let me know or send me a message on live. Why do i feel this is going to suck though.... evil achievement[/QUOTE]

It's not that bad actually. If you are a member on Bungie.net join this group: http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/sip/Group/GroupHome.aspx

They specialize in Halo Vidmasters, Gears Horde, and MW2 Spec Ops. They have done annual in under 13 minutes!!

I am a member of the group but not nearly as active or skilled as the dedicated annual team. Hope this helps!

Also here is a vid of their annual run under 13 minute record: http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=110516623

[quote name='Brain In Chains']It's not that bad actually. If you are a member on Bungie.net join this group: http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/sip/Group/GroupHome.aspx

They specialize in Halo Vidmasters, Gears Horde, and MW2 Spec Ops. They have done annual in under 13 minutes!!

I am a member of the group but not nearly as active or skilled as the dedicated annual team. Hope this helps!

Also here is a vid of their annual run under 13 minute record: http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=110516623[/QUOTE]

I will have to go join up thanks, and wow under 13min..... better thatn the hours i was going to set aside for this.

[quote name='Matt Young']Firefight and map pack achievements still wanted! Would like to play this week![/QUOTE]
The group I linked a few posts up will help you with your 200k achievements.

bread's done
Back