Halo 3 Ramp-up (Price a Moving Target?)

Spinshag

CAGiversary!
This is not groundbreaking, but I am starting a thread (may already have started elsewhere) to get as many price replies where we should buy Halo 3 (for those without pre-orders). I pre-ordered Halo1 and Halo 2, but had to do a price adjust at CC for Halo 2 at launch, since the price was advertised lower, so to save trips to a store, I'm buying it on the 25th. MS should not make a shortage of this one. (but it is a possible risk to take if you want it on launch day...)

So please post others and add shipping options if you so choose (and/or tax if usually applicable, since some retailers have stores everywhere and tax is always applicable).

Currently (usually where I check prices besides here, if there are no coupons or personal discounts):

Sam's Club (online only?) - $49.88 (regular) +shipping + tax
Sam's Club (online only?) - $61.48 (limited) +shipping + tax
Sam's Club (online only?)- $114.64 (Insane Ed) +shipping + tax

Costco - $49.99 (regular) +shipping + tax
Costco - $62.79 (limited) +shipping + tax
Costco - $115.99 (Insane Ed) +shipping + tax

Frys/Outpost - $59.99 (regular) +shipping +/- tax
Frys/Outpost - $62.99 (limited) +shipping +/- tax
Frys/Outpost - $129.99 (Insane Ed) +shipping +/- tax

Amazon - $59.99 (regular) no shipping +/- tax
Amazon - $69.99 (limited) no shipping +/- tax
Amazon - $129.99 (Insane Ed) no shipping +/- tax

Family Video - $49.99 (regular) + $0.99 shipping - $5.00 coupon +/- tax
Family Video - $59.99 (limited) + $0.99 shipping - $5.00 coupon +/- tax
Family Video - $123.42 (Insane Ed) + $0.99 shipping - $5.00 coupon +/- tax

[quote name='tinyandi']Family Video - $49.99 (regular) + $0.99 shipping - $5.00 coupon +/- tax
Family Video - $59.99 (limited) + $0.99 shipping - $5.00 coupon +/- tax
Family Video - $123.42 (Insane Ed) + $0.99 shipping - $5.00 coupon +/- tax[/quote]

Don't forget their shipping delays with other games (Ex. Gears of War, Heavenly Sword)

[quote name='linkpwns']Don't forget their shipping delays with other games (Ex. Gears of War, Heavenly Sword)[/quote]

That's why i went with UPS ground in hopes that it ships out Tues. and gets here by Friday.

Thanks OP. This should help people still looking for the best price for Halo 3 and to possibly PM. As you stated though, Halo 3 will most likely not (like no chance) sell out. I talked to a manager at Gamecrazy, and he said some store are getting 400+ copies. I guess it is better safe than sorry though.

[quote name='nattybohman']Yes. I just pre-ordered on costco.com. Good deal.
I hope they ship early for it to arrive at my house on launch day.

You know they're all going to be sitting in gamestore back rooms up to a week before release.

Especially since that store in Norway already broke street date and sold them.

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=20775[/quote]

u arnt getting it on launch day buddy

[quote name='omgu8myrice']u arnt getting it on launch day buddy[/QUOTE]
What do you base that on? I've made many online preorders, with the cheapest shipping, and they were timed to arrive at my door on launch day... including Halo 2.

Bear in mind that tax plus shipping brings it to about $56.xx or so. So you're saving four dollars, but you won't the get the game for a few days.

[quote name='skarim']Costco is really $50? :eek: Do they do pre-orders/reserving?[/quote]

[quote name='RudyPants']Bear in mind that tax plus shipping brings it to about $56.xx or so. So you're saving four dollars, but you won't the get the game for a few days.[/quote]
How about a price match to BB/CC or such? I'd rather pick it up in store.

I've not pre-ordered much through BB but I did Halo 3 Legendary Ed. and paid in full when it was $99 + $1.99 shipping..

so far they've never cancelled it .. to charge more... are then known to cancel it this late in the period???

[quote name='skarim']How about a price match to BB/CC or such? I'd rather pick it up in store.[/quote]

Sadly, unless you get someone who really does know much, BB/CC/Etc. won't price-match Costco since it is a membership store. At least with me it has never worked before, but if you figure out a way to do it let us CAGs know ;)

[quote name='omgu8myrice']u arnt getting it on launch day buddy[/quote]Do you work for Gamestop or just like to eat their BS without questioning it? zomg halo is teh rarez!

[quote name='Romis']I've not pre-ordered much through BB but I did Halo 3 Legendary Ed. and paid in full when it was $99 + $1.99 shipping..

so far they've never cancelled it .. to charge more... are then known to cancel it this late in the period???[/QUOTE]

I have one pre-ordered through Amazon for $99 too... they have not adjusted the price (pre-ordered September 2006!). Of course, I've got one pre-ordered through my BB store too... even cheaper than Amazon which is nice :)

I've got two preordered at the magical $99 price (one at BB and one at CC). Neither has been cancelled (given their lowest price guarantee).

What's BB's employee price? (I'm curious about the markup, given BB gives employees price + 0.5%).

I think this was mentioned in a thread a while back, but Blockbuster is selling Halo 3 in stores on launch day as well. If you're a Blockbuster online service member (the Netflix-like service) they're supposedly sending a coupon out which will give you a $10 GC with purchase of the Standard Edition. You can reserve a copy for $5 I believe.

I may just have to spring for the Limited Edition.

It's really nice.

9e69aedc16c2c47013761ceth9.jpg

386c317896658d314b103e2dk4.jpg

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Where did you get those? Did your store broke the street date?[/QUOTE]

Not my pics.

Some guy at another forum is auctioning one off with overnight shipping. He posted those pics to prove he was legit (he has 2, one he opened/planning to keep, one that's sealed/planning to sell)

Yeah, BB still has the best deal. Those points cards are money, so if you can get a $20 card for $5 that's the same as getting $15 off the game. Unless you don't have Xbox Live or you just NEVER use MS points, you'd be crazy not to do that deal.

[quote name='Foo228']wait a sec...how can you have "+/- tax"?

its either no tax or + tax[/quote]

If there are not stores in all states, then I put +/- tax depending on their market share in the US (e.g. BB, CC, Target).

[quote name='skarim']Costco is really $50? :eek: Do they do pre-orders/reserving?[/quote]

I am assuming that the price will be the same at the physical store. I have not checked at the physical store to see if they pre-order... I did not see an option online to pick up at the store (only shipping).

[quote name='the ender']Where the hell did "Insane Edition" come from? It's Legendary, douches.[/quote]

It was just a dig on the price. Since this is "CAG" I was just sticking with the philosophy. Not the actual name...

[quote name='triforcer']i'm i the only one who doesn't care about getting halo 3 on release day?[/QUOTE]

I dont really care either, but thats because I'm going to be about 500 miles away from my 360 during that week...

[quote name='triforcer']i'm i the only one who doesn't care about getting halo 3 on release day?[/quote]

Probably the only one of them that would come to this thread AND post in it.

[quote name='triforcer']i'm i the only one who doesn't care about getting halo 3 on release day?[/quote]

i dont really care either, especially if the market is so flooded with halo hats that they start going for cheap on ebay

[quote name='dastly75']Probably the only one of them that would come to this thread AND post in it.[/quote]apparently not.

[quote name='triforcer']i'm i the only one who doesn't care about getting halo 3 on release day?[/QUOTE]

Well... I'm undecided. I know I want it eventually, and my little Bro really wants me to get it the first day, but... eh?

I figure I can wait a week or two, let him play through the campaign by himself, then play through it coop with him at some point.

The Best Buy Deal, however, is really tempting.

[quote name='Spinshag']I am assuming that the price will be the same at the physical store. I have not checked at the physical store to see if they pre-order... I did not see an option online to pick up at the store (only shipping).[/QUOTE]

No pre-order options at Costco B&M in Eden Prarie MN. No price match.

[quote name='tinyandi']I've got two preordered at the magical $99 price (one at BB and one at CC). Neither has been cancelled (given their lowest price guarantee).

What's BB's employee price? (I'm curious about the markup, given BB gives employees price + 0.5%).[/QUOTE]

Let me put it this way, even if that $99 price is honored, they will still make a decent profit...

Amazon could give you free 2-day shipping and still make a worthwhile profit...

... based on the employee price, not cost

I preordered Halo 3 at Best Buy for the 1600 Points card for 4.99. Will I be able to price match another store when I get it on the 25th? How would I go about doing this if I can price match?

For anyone that ordered from FamilyVideo.com, i just received an e-mail that said the following;

Hello,

We starting to ship Halo 3 today.

Thank You for Shopping with Us!

Your Friends @ FamilyVideo.com

1-888-332-6843

So it is entirely possible that we could get out orders on the 25th (i have mine coming via UPS Ground).

On a somewhat different note... does anyone know if Gamestop will be handing out any swag at their midnight launch? The Best Buy launch sounds snazzy, but I can't afford to go all the way to Memphis, which is apparently the only TN location doing the midnight shenanigans.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize there's a more appropriate thread.

i preordered halo 3 through BB ..for store pick-up ..can i pick up a preorder even though i placed it online ? because i am going there monday night

I received the shipping notice from FV today as well.

[quote name='SynGamer']For anyone that ordered from FamilyVideo.com, i just received an e-mail that said the following;

So it is entirely possible that we could get out orders on the 25th (i have mine coming via UPS Ground).[/QUOTE]

No one answered this in the other Halo 3 deals thread so I'll ask again.

Anyone know if Wal-Mart is taking pre orders, or simply first come first serve?

Usually you have to wait until you get the e-mail saying that they pulled the game and have it waiting in the back room. If you don't get that notice it means one was not registered as being reserved. If you don't get that e-mail I would still show up because I have a feeling they will not run out of stock. Then just cancel the preorder.

Might be a hassle trying to deal with customer service at that time to get the preorder processed.

[quote name='zizo79']i preordered halo 3 through BB ..for store pick-up ..can i pick up a preorder even though i placed it online ? because i am going there monday night[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back