HALO 3 Swedish Magazine Digicam Pics (56k warning)

T234

CAGiversary!
I never really got an answer pertaining to non-english magazine scans (or pics in this case), so if frowned upon, I will edit the post.

These were stolen from GAF and re-hosted by me, If you're wondering where they come from.

I apologize for their size.

Now on with the pics:
PA270083.jpg

PA270084.jpg

PA270085.jpg

PA270086.jpg

PA270087.jpg

PA270088.jpg

I apologize for their crappyness, they're not my pics.

YouNEWB has some additional info:

[UPDATE] Got some more information from what the article actually says and here are the highlights:

2 new weapons

* The Spiker - New weapon for Brutes, it’s a nail grenade type weapon that sticks on walls and bursts nails into the air
* The Spartan Laser - An anti-veichle weapon, fires a red laser that pretty much destroys any veichle that is hit. Hard to use.

1 new vehicle

* The Mongoose - The ATV that was supposed to be in Halo 2. It carries 2 people and it doesn’t have any weapons so it’s mainly a means of getting from point A to point B as fast as possible.

Legendary Edition of Halo 3 - It will come with a full size (!) replica of the Master Chief’s helmet and 4 DVDs. The first DVD will be the game, the second DVD will be Various documentaries and audio commentary, the third DVD will be Halo such as “Red vs Blue” and “Spark of Life” and the fourth DVD will be ALL of the cutscenes from the game in the HI-DEF. Hells yes.

[UPDATE2] The multiplayer leves are

* Valhalla(Blood Gulch)
* High Ground(Zanzibar)
* Snowbound(Frost bite)

Your secondary weapon will now always be on your back and there’s also a new transportaiton system that’s called the “Man Cannon”. It launches you into the air through air streams to an other cannon. You can still be fired at and you can fire back while in “flight”. Sweet! The X button on the controller is reserved for an as yet unmentioned function. Oh, and there will be NO multiplayer Bots. None.

[quote name='jasonlives13']

Legendary Edition of Halo 3 - It will come with a full size (!) replica of the Master Chief’s helmet and 4 DVDs. The first DVD will be the game, the second DVD will be Various documentaries and audio commentary, the third DVD will be Halo such as “Red vs Blue” and “Spark of Life” and the fourth DVD will be ALL of the cutscenes from the game in the HI-DEF. Hells yes.[/quote]

WOW talk about a collectors edition!:shock:

[quote name='jasonlives13']Legendary Edition of Halo 3 - It will come with a full size (!) replica of the Master Chief’s helmet and 4 DVDs. The first DVD will be the game, the second DVD will be Various documentaries and audio commentary, the third DVD will be Halo such as “Red vs Blue” and “Spark of Life” and the fourth DVD will be ALL of the cutscenes from the game in the HI-DEF. Hells yes.
[/quote]Geez. I wonder how much this is going to cost.:headache:

!!!

Wow, thanks for the information. Any info on when the game comes out? I am so getting the Legendary Edition of the game when it comes out. I am so hyped up now.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Geez. I wonder how much this is going to cost.:headache:[/QUOTE]

I'm going to take a wild guess and say around $80-$100. They know that people will pay this amount of money for that kind of collectible.

:drool: Awesome, thanks for posting T234!

Collector's Edition with Replica Helmet....I would so buy that. Hope its true and if it is, it gets released here as well.

One thing to mention, cool dudes and/or chicks, these pics have placeholder lighting and textures.:D:D:D:D

[quote name='CrimGhost']YES Halo 2.5![/QUOTE]
Thats what it looks like. Besides the new vehicle it looks just like Halo 2. Cant even tell if it is updated graphically. I'm sure it is, but it doesn't show it.

[quote name='CrimGhost']YES Halo 2.5![/quote]
There is only one .gif to describe what you just said:

butters-1.gif

In actual words: that "*.5" shit was funny in 2005. Now, ehhh notsomuch.

[quote name='whoknows']Thats what it looks like. Besides the new vehicle it looks just like Halo 2. Cant even tell if it is updated graphically. I'm sure it is, but it doesn't show it.[/quote] What part of, "these pics have placeholder lighting and textures", did you not read?

Haha yea Halo 2.5! Just like people were calling the 360 Xbox 1.5 an....*looks at Gears of War, Rainbow Six Vegas, Assasin's Creed, etc*....oh wait....

[quote name='seanr1221']Haha yea Halo 2.5! Just like people were calling the 360 Xbox 1.5 an....*looks at Gears of War, Rainbow Six Vegas, Assasin's Creed, etc*....oh wait....[/quote]
*high five*

[quote name='T234']What part of "these pics have placeholder lighting and textures"
do you not read?[/QUOTE]
Then...what's the point of the screenshots?

[quote name='whoknows']Then...what's the point of the screenshots?[/quote] You'll have to ask Bungie that question.

I apologize if I came off angry sounding, I thought you were trollin.

The secondary weapon on the back thing is one of those subtle details that Bungie gets so right!! When people ask what is so great/different about Halo vs. other FPSes, I say Bungie does the little things so well that make the game so good. They don't do anything new, they just refine it to the nth degree.

Please Bungie, No Sword!!!!!

[quote name='dastly75']so I guess we can't conceal the sword anymore,
probably for the better

That laser weapon will also be useful on tanks[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jasonlives13']Legendary Edition of Halo 3 - It will come with a full size (!) replica of the Master Chief’s helmet and 4 DVDs. The first DVD will be the game, the second DVD will be Various documentaries and audio commentary, the third DVD will be Halo such as “Red vs Blue” and “Spark of Life” and the fourth DVD will be ALL of the cutscenes from the game in the HI-DEF. Hells yes.[/QUOTE]

Now that's how all special editions should be done!!

If that head is as life size as they claim I'd expect the special edition to be more like $200 or more based on what comic character and Transformers bust of a similar size cost and that's even without a game. :) They'd have to be really mass produced or crap quality to keep the game anything below $100.

Well, since its a helmet if its hollow maybe its possible that it could be on the cheaper side of things. They could make it like one of those Darth Vader mask in toy stores, but a little nicer.

More info courtesy of XBOXIC:

Hyoushi from the NeoGAF forums was friendly enough to translate whatever he could read, he’s what he wrote:
On plot twists
“Halo 3 will contain more plot twists than any other game in the series” –Jaime Griesemer

On Gears of War being competition
“We’ve played lots and lots of multiplayer and some singleplayer, and yeah, it’s really good. But it’s also quite a bit different from what we’re doing. I realize that a lot of people are concerned that Halo 3 and GoW are going to compete for the same audience, but I think that when people get to play, they’ll realize how different the games are. Gears is a much slower game where stragegy and cover plays a bigger part.” –Jaime Griesemer

On graphics
“A lot is still missing in this build. Weather- and water effects are missing, and most of our HDR isn’t in there yet. We’re still at alpha stage, but when everything is in place, Halo 3 will be the best X360 has to offer.” –Brian Jarrard

“We definitely have another strategy than Epic Games when it comes to graphics. We’ll never engulf our game environments in lots of details like that. GoW looks absolutely fantastic, but we want to avoid compromising Halo’s unique visual style. That’s why we’re making a clean, sharp game as opposed to one with insane amount of details.” –Brian Jarrard
“There are many ways to convey emotion. Graphics is not the most important one.” –Brian Jarrard
On multiplayer and bots
“Multiplayer has always been important, but it’s developed in a different way which makes it look bigger for every game. We have a base that we always build the MP part on, whereas the SP mode practically has to be built ground-up every time. Xbox Live also made MP in Halo 2 even more important.” –Brian Jarrard

“A lot of people ask us about bots. They think that the AI in Halo was pretty damn good, and would work well in MP as well, but it’s really not that simple. The enemies in Halo are optimized for encountering the player in large numbers. They would be a lot worse at abstract thought AI like ‘I have to defend my flag’ and so forth. In short, to create bots for Halo would be an immense undertaking, and we rather put that time into making new levels, weapons and netcode.” –Jaime Griesemer
——

New Weapons:
*Spiker: the weapon of choice for brutes.
*Spartan Laser: An anti-veichle weapon, fires a red laser that pretty much destroys any veichle that is hit.

New Vehicle:
*Moongoose: The ATV that was supposed to be in Halo 2. It carries 2 people and it doesn’t have any weapons so it’s mainly a means of getting from point A to point B as fast as possible.”

from gamefaqs
Swedish magazine level has had the chance to play halo 3 in multiplayer and there are 3 levels which is revealed,
Valhalla = blood gulch, High Ground = Zanzibar, Snowbound = Frost bite.

New vehicle - Mongoose, mostly for transport 2 persons.
new weapon- spartan laser, hard to use but extremely powerful vehicle destroyer apparently
- nail grenade, sticks on walls and emits nails into the air.
new weapon - spiker (brute weapon),
your secondary weapon is visible at all times at your back. (THANK GOD!!!)
New transportation system in multilayer- man cannon, launches you into the air through air streams, you can still be fired at and you can fire back.
The X-button will have a special use which Bungie will not reveal.
No bots will come to H3. that will be all.
Bumper buttons can be used to reload both weapons independantly.
The December issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly issue is going to have a whole lot a of Halo 3 coverage too so expect fresh load of info when that hits shelves.

MAN CANNON? Please, don't give the "Gaylo" trolls any more ammunition.

“There are many ways to convey emotion. Graphics is not the most important one.” –Brian Jarrard
Oh bullshit, I'm so tired of these people who are practically "anti-graphics." We've gone from "graphics aren't everything" to "graphics are actually the least important thing" over the last few years, which is retarded. Of COURSE the best way to convey emotion is through graphics. Is it the ONLY way? Hell no, but in the video games medium it starts with the visuals. Good audio and direction enhance it, but don't surpass it individually.

Ok....anyway, I'm sure this game will kick 9 kinds of ass, so I'm not concerned about the placeholder graphics/lighting sitting in there now.

Nice to see their guys not trying to "out GoW GoW" - Halo does have a distinct style and trying to add all these little details like Gears has wouldn't work. I think once Gears is out we'll stop seeing so many comparisons between the two. They seem quite a bit different to me.

Thanks OP great stuff. So cool to see this info. I cant wait to see how much fun the ATV brings to CTF. I hope the speed of the game does not grow to the point its UT stuff. I hope they work on games being more lag free and stable with Halo3.

Halo 2.5? Who ever says that needs to drink a warm glass of shut the f*ck up. First off, this is in ALPHA right now. And it looks damn good. Secondly, these graphics are A LOT better... are you guys looking at the same pictures? It looks like 3Xs the polys in there. Everything looks a crapload more rounded off.

I love how everyone thinks that its supposed to look like a different game... the XBOX was pretty powerful on its own... its not going to be a night and day like PS2 to PS3. You people trip me out with this shit. You're a expecting a Super Mario World to Mario 64 jump... I hate to break it to you, but its gonna be more subtle than that.

Its still gonna have to be Halo in the end. If Halo 3 screenshots came out, and it looked like Gears of War, a lot of people would be like WTF??

Give it time, it comes out in what... a year? =)

The graphics look great in the Alpha build, the final version is gonna be amazing.

Soooooooooooooooooo, glad to hear they're bring Zanzi back.

The Legendary Edition sounds hot fire!

Halo 3 is shaping up to be another game I can play for years.

I read somewhere that the Helmet included is not a real helmet to wear. Its just a cardboard box that stores the DVD set and game. I think that sounds more realistic.

[quote name='ananag112']I read somewhere that the Helmet included is not a real helmet to wear. Its just a cardboard box that stores the DVD set and game. I think that sounds more realistic.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping that's the case. Frankly, I'd rather they skip the tacky helmet idea entirely and just give me the game and the DVDs for cheaper.

Does anyone remember if the prototype ATV for 2 was able to carry two people? If not, awesome idea on their part. In both Halo 1 and 2, I loved flag-running with a Warthog, but never took anyone with me because the jackass would always start firing at someone and getting unneeded attention. Since the ATV is smaller, faster, and has no weapon to begin with, I'll finally be able to do flag-runs proper.

so I'm guessing it will be at least another year before the game is near release if they're only in alpha right now seeing as how bungie takes their time polishing...

[quote name='Ledhed']
Does anyone remember if the prototype ATV for 2 was able to carry two people? [/QUOTE]
No. It carried only one. It was similar to the ghost.

[quote name='Vinny']Looks great... and that's just from crappy pictures. I'd like to see some real high res screens.:D[/QUOTE]

Yeah no shit. Whoever said "the graphics don't even look good" need to shut the fuck up and think about what they're looking at. A scan of a MAGAZINE. Magazines screens always make games look like shit. AND it's a scan? AND you can still tell how good it looks in ALPHA build? Just think about that before you go and sling your MS-hate around. I seriously don't understand the hate for Halo. Alot of people love it, some people don't. Why go and bash it just because you aren't inclined to join in the gaming goodness?

And that LEGENDARY Edition? I think I'll buy 2. Don't care how much it will cost.

reloading weapons individually with the bumper buttons...now that's something i would not have thought of but is an awesome addition...can't tell you how many times i wanted to reload only one of my two dual-wielded guns for massive damage without sacrificing reload time

looks awesome, as expected. Don't mind the PS3 fanboy.. let him go play resistance:FOM.. lol.

I think i remember reading that this build didn't have a lot of shadows, normal mapping, or HDR lighting integrated yet. Those effects make a huge difference. I really like how big the multiplayer maps are looking, maybe we'll see an increase in player size? Let's hope lockout returns, or we get a few more good smaller maps for 2vs2. I'm eager to see what the new control scheme is too, hopefully the X button will finally get us that sprint. It'll be needed with these new larger maps. Walking Across relic or coagulation was a real chore in halo 2, and made you an easy sniping target. Sprinting could help alleviate some of that.

bread's done
Back