Halo 4 $19.99, Paper Mario: Sticker Star $14.99 Used, with Free Shipping at GameFly

[quote name='stonefry']In for Paper Mario as well. Now I need to get a 3DS.[/QUOTE]

That's the boat I'm in. To buy now or wait until I get a 3DS...

[quote name='kaspauf']Can I order games from gamefly but not subscribe to their monthly service?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Grabbed Paper Mario even though I have no interest. First blind purchase in ages. Maybe my gf will like it.

[quote name='domon']How's gamefly with case/manual condition? $15 is a nice price.[/QUOTE]

You get everything that is included, as the cases and manuals are put away while the games are pimped out

[quote name='domon']How's gamefly with case/manual condition? $15 is a nice price.[/QUOTE]

Totally mint. All original with codes included.

Both tempting, but I'll pass.

[quote name='o_O']$15 for Paper Mario still doesn't seem worth it based on the reviews I've heard.[/QUOTE]

Yeah; I'll be honest, I never returned a game because I didn't like it, until Sticker Star. It has that Paper Mario charm from the outside, but the game itself is insanely disappointing - it is frustrating waiting for another game in the franchise, only for it be a empty shell of its predecessors.

Ah man I bought it from BestBuy for $20 and still haven't gotten it in the mail. Gamefly is pretty much new too. Good deal.

got PAPER MARIO off amazon back around xmas for 23 used....

Took it over to gamestop dump it off picked up ncaa football 09 ps3 out the door with 21.49 credit

runs to gamefly rebuys mario using a 5 buck gamefly coupon that expired in 2 weeks

total 9.08

so figured i paid around 11 bucks for paper mario (well 20 with guide since i picked up wth guide for 9 months ago)

game does suck if you dont own a guide only worth 10 to 15

Grabbed halo 4 so ill be returning the used one I got from GameStop a couple of weeks ago. I always miss these so I'm glad. Already had paper Mario for 15 new otherwise I would have been all over that too.

i picked up when it was $30 at best buy in Dec. Mistake because Paper mario SS is such a disappointment compared to the original or Thousand year Door. It would have been so much better if they made it RPG style where you can level up mario with EXP. There is no incentive to fight anything so Paper Mario SS is essentially solving a couple of puzzles follow by you running through a field of enemies going shit shit shit don't touch me.... NOOOOOOO GOD DAMNIT now i gotta waste stickers.

But for $15 bucks its worth it disappointing or no

I am rather enjoying Mario SS even tho it doesn't have the RPG elements it used to have. However, one thing that annoys me is if you die, it brings you to the home screen of the game rather than last save point. Just a little annoyance.

[quote name='slidecage']got PAPER MARIO off amazon back around xmas for 23 used....

game does suck if you dont own a guide only worth 10 to 15[/QUOTE

if your going to buy the guide why bother buying the game the guide spoils the whole thing

Picked up Paper Mario :D

I would grab Halo... but... and I hate to say... my Spider-Man game came chipped and it makes my Xbox make weird noises even after installed :whistle2:?.

[quote name='pedrobeara'][quote name='slidecage']got PAPER MARIO off amazon back around xmas for 23 used....

game does suck if you dont own a guide only worth 10 to 15[/QUOTE

if your going to buy the guide why bother buying the game the guide spoils the whole thing[/QUOTE]

only going to use the guide if I get stuck and belive me you WILL GET STUCK a lot in this game if you dont have a guide. and you will miss a lot if items

In for paper mario. Halo is tempting but I'm sure I'll see it low again, I've got a large enough xbox backlog.

[quote name='o_O']$15 for Paper Mario still doesn't seem worth it based on the reviews I've heard.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's worth a lot more than that.

Fantastic game. They really missed an opportunity with the stickers...could have made an addictive collecting/trading system, and didn't. But still a great game.

I just wanted to chime in and say I really enjoyed this Paper Mario. It's not god-tier like the original two games, but if you view it as an interesting spin on the concept, there's a lot of fun to be had with it. It's more exploration and puzzle based, with combat being an afterthought. I'd compare it to the level design of Thousand Year Door. The 3D effects look gorgeous. Overall, it's way better than the disappointment that was Super Paper Mario on the Wii. If you're into Paper Mario at all, there's a good chance you'll like it.

Must...save...money...

That price on PM:SS is so good though, will be hard to resist. To those who have played it, is it more like the Wii version or like Thousand Year Door and the original?

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Must...save...money...

That price on PM:SS is so good though, will be hard to resist. To those who have played it, is it more like the Wii version or like Thousand Year Door and the original?[/QUOTE]

Neither of the 3.

Sticker Star sucked all of the charming story and gameplay from the earlier entries series. To me, it deserves the low (at least for a Mario game) reviews it's received - I finished it in less than fifteen hours and never cracked a smile the entire time (whereas Thousand Year Door had tons of great writing). I really felt like I didn't get my fifteen buck's worth back when Best Buy had it on sale.

And whoever thinks a guide would spoil it, well... there really isn't any story to spoil.

bread's done
Back