Halo 4 $39.99 @ Amazon (Target Price-match)

[quote name='meatwad3000']Campaign isn't all that bad though it's a bit on the short side if you play on anything but legendary solo. The multiplayer while it can be fun the random ordinance drops completely ruin the balance of the game. You could be winning and then the other team gets ordinance drops of binary rifles and incineration cannons which the DMR and standard drops have a real hard time over coming. And 90% of the time you play a map you'll end up playing on Haven because the rest of the maps have horrible balance (Complex CTF anyone) Don't get me wrong it's a good game but it has plenty of faults. Though at this price it's worth it. However at $60 I'd say no, though to be fair the majority of games aren't worth the $60 pricepoint.[/QUOTE]

Finally someone who knows wtf they talking about. I really couldn't put it better myself :applause:

I bought it at launch at BBY simply because of all the various deals going on ($20 preorder credit, AmEx synch offers). Never played a Halo game before so had no expectations. Thought it was decent enough for the campaign, but wasn't blown away or anything. No interest in the MP, so just traded it back to BBY for $38. Well worth the -$135 it cost me, for sure.

I'm not trolling. But to think that Halo 4 has the best graphics, you must be smoking crack. Hitman Absolution and Max Payne 3 have better graphics than Halo 4.

[quote name='confoosious']Nothing wrong with playing games just for the campaign. However, you can't judge those type of games SOLELY on the campaign.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't just judging on the campaign. The MP has been ruined. No balance at all.

[quote name='thetruth1983']Dam I hope my son enjoys this. I was planning on going through the co-op with him when we open it on Xmas. Is it really that bad?[/QUOTE]

No, the game is AMAZING people on here are crazy, lol. I have Halo 4 and BLOPS 2 and I NEVER pay BLOPS... I play Halo almost everyday.

I haven't even had the desire to play the BLOPS 2 multiplayer...I've p ly played like 3 levels of the campaign.

Where as I've already put around 40 hours into Halo 4.

[quote name='Bigmeat23']No, the game is AMAZING people on here are crazy, lol. I have Halo 4 and BLOPS 2 and I NEVER pay BLOPS... I play Halo almost everyday.

I haven't even had the desire to play the BLOPS 2 multiplayer...I've p ly played like 3 levels of the campaign.

Where as I've already put around 40 hours into Halo 4.[/QUOTE]

I think Halo 4 online is more fun but the Call of Duty campaigns are so much more fun than Halo campaigns. In CoD, I feel like an action hero in a movie.

Also, I wonder why people bash on the campaign or ignore them for Halo and CoD games? Don't people realize that 75% of the development time is spent on the campaign? Creating a few multiplayer maps and weapons doesn't take as nearly as long as designing the levels, developing a storyline, AI, recording all the dialogue, cutscenes, etc.

[quote name='Kendro']I think Halo 4 online is more fun but the Call of Duty campaigns are so much more fun than Halo campaigns. In CoD, I feel like an action hero in a movie.

Also, I wonder why people bash on the campaign or ignore them for Halo and CoD games? Don't people realize that 75% of the development time is spent on the campaign? Creating a few multiplayer maps and weapons doesn't take as nearly as long as designing the levels, developing a storyline, AI, recording all the dialogue, cutscenes, etc.[/QUOTE]

Opinions are opinions I guess, haha. I love all aspects of Halo 4 more. First thing I did was beat the single player before I even started playing spartan ops or the multiplayer. I think Halos story is much better, and I think the graphics and polish are better.

Opinions are like N*sync Cd's every one has one. having said that,I think halo 4 is honestly the best halo since 2 (hated 3,odst and reach was meh). I was having second guesses on buying it buy amazon just sent me an email saying it shipped lol.

[quote name='Hestar']Opinions are like N*sync Cd's every one has one. having said that,I think halo 4 is honestly the best halo since 2 (hated 3,odst and reach was meh). I was having second guesses on buying it buy amazon just sent me an email saying it shipped lol.[/QUOTE]

I never had a N*sync CD. Now Backstreet Boyz were it!

[quote name='Hestar']Opinions are like N*sync Cd's every one has one. having said that,I think halo 4 is honestly the best halo since 2 (hated 3,odst and reach was meh). I was having second guesses on buying it buy amazon just sent me an email saying it shipped lol.[/QUOTE]

Dude, don't second guess it! Lol. $34.99 for that game is a STEAL! I am considering buying a 2nd copy so my wife and I can play without split screen.

man i knew this was going to happen. i just had to be pressured into buying this at launch by my friends. and you know what? we dont even play it anymore... we all went back to playing sc2, bf3, and gow3.

[quote name='wolve']Just ordered and got an e-mail about a promo credit for Major League Gaming's Game Battles Premium... wha? Was expecting e-mail for $10 instant video credit, but guess that will come later. Anyone else have the same experience?[/QUOTE]

Same here, got the MLG credit e-mail, but nothing about instant video. The offer on the site says it will post to the account after the game ships. Game shipped yesterday, but the offer says the credit will appear within 2 days, so we'll see what happens.

[quote name='jondier']man i knew this was going to happen. i just had to be pressured into buying this at launch by my friends. and you know what? we dont even play it anymore... we all went back to playing sc2, bf3, and gow3.[/QUOTE]

Lol. I used to be like that, too. Now I just buy what I want, when I want. If it's really that great of a game, my friends would still want to play it whenever I get around to buying it.

For those of you with GameStop credit, they've got it one day only at $39.99 as well.

Edit: I tried to link it but apparently I'm retar---erm, mentally impaired. Just head over to Gamestop.com if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back