Halo 4 Limited Edition at Gamestop

MS getting GREEDY again. All Pre-order copies is SOLD OUT. Now they making more instead let pples making CHUNK of money on EBAY :)

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']I guess these LE's aren't so limited after all[/QUOTE]

haha.. took three posts to get the classic "Guess these aren't limited afterall". Well guess what? MGS HD LE, TLOZ Skward Sword CE, Borderlands 2 CE, Darksiders 2 CE, and many many many others have all come back in stock.

I can't think of a single CE in the past year or two that sold out prior to release and never fluttered back in and out of stock. It is smart of retailers to give themselves a cushion so they don't oversell.

That being said I really don't think these are going to be uber rare but it is Halo afterall so I imagine people will still by them up.

[quote name='Masterkyo']MS getting GREEDY again. All Pre-order copies is SOLD OUT. Now they making more instead let pples making CHUNK of money on EBAY :)[/QUOTE]

Don't be silly. This is in no way indicative of them making more.

[quote name='Masterkyo']MS getting GREEDY again. All Pre-order copies is SOLD OUT. Now they making more instead let pples making CHUNK of money on EBAY :)[/QUOTE]

Screwing over people who buy stuff just to resale it right afterwords?

I'm very ok with this

Was waiting on this.. ordered. I knew they'd be available in store at least, this saves me the hassle.

[quote name='j-fever']Published by MS = "Limited" to however many they can sell.[/QUOTE]

Actually most of the time waaaay more "Limited" Editions are made than can even be sold.

I'm sure you guys are well aware that it is a very common occurrence for LE's to "sell out" a couple of months before release so that people think it really is "Limited" only to mysteriously reappear the day before release.

Does anyone else think that this may be an intentional tactic to create an inflated value of the item with hopes that extra copies are purchased due to impulse and a misplaced feeling of "value"? Maybe its just me.

[quote name='GBAstar']

I can't think of a single CE in the past year or two that sold out prior to release and never fluttered back in and out of stock. It is smart of retailers to give themselves a cushion so they don't oversell.
[/QUOTE]

Diablo 3 was sold out and extremely hard to find at launch and after launch. A few more did come in but then sold out that day. I looked for a month for a 2nd copy and never found one for retail price.

the way it should be. Nobody should expect a "limited" or "collectors" edition of a game where you pay a premium to actually be hard to get. Meeting the demand is the goal, not exceeding or falling short of it.

[quote name='blazenumb1']So does the the fotus armor dlc come with game or is a code that is emailed out?[/QUOTE]

I thought that was exclusive to the console

[quote name='aznhero913']any free shipping codes?[/QUOTE]
Saver

[quote name='blazenumb1']So does the the fotus armor dlc come with game or is a code that is emailed out?[/QUOTE]
Yes

Why is this LE so popular? I've been through all the CE and Legendary Editions for Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo Reach and can't figure out why this LE is getting so much attention?

[quote name='Kendro']Why is this LE so popular? I've been through all the CE and Legendary Editions for Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo Reach and can't figure out why this LE is getting so much attention?[/QUOTE]

They probably produced fewer units this time around, seeing as how the prior CEs sat on shelves years after they were released.

[quote name='GBAstar']haha.. took three posts to get the classic "Guess these aren't limited afterall". Well guess what? MGS HD LE, TLOZ Skward Sword CE, Borderlands 2 CE, Darksiders 2 CE, and many many many others have all come back in stock.

That being said I really don't think these are going to be uber rare but it is Halo afterall so I imagine people will still by them up.

Don't be silly. This is in no way indicative of them making more.[/QUOTE]

Wait, yes this is Microsoft. With their signature game. But just like the cat Helmet one keep thinking it will be limited.

Just a gut feeling that these will be available tomorrow...

[quote name='bjstucker']what are the chances they will have extra's at midnight release tonight?[/QUOTE]

Probably none since the stores generally don't receive extras. The only way is if someone doesn't pick theirs up. You have a better chance ordering online than trying to get one in store.

i got a $25 GC, i could use it on this or i could use it on that new Halo controller instead?:whistle2:k decisions decisions

Keep in mind that last week's hurricane Sandy has affected shipping routes. Shipments of the LE copies may take some extra time if you find your store OOS.

[quote name='joshnorm']Wait, yes this is Microsoft. With their signature game. But just like the cat Helmet one keep thinking it will be limited.

Just a gut feeling that these will be available tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

Of course the stores will have them tomorrow. This is a AAA franchise; but we are talking 4, 6, 10. Not 50 or 60 like with Reach or Gears 3 or KZ3 or UC3.

If it helps anyone, Targets in Southern Nevada only got 2 or 3 copies according to my inventory system. It's also listed as to be discontinued so Target likely won't be seeing any replenishment. Most stores received 15-20 of the Halo Reach limited edition. Maybe this will help someone.

I did not realize Halo 4 had only this Limited Edition, and the Limited Edition with the Xbox console. I thought there was a Legendary Edition that I missed out on long ago. I see that there is not. So, I will most likely be all over this...as soon as I clear it with the fiance. She always encourages me to get what I want, but I have a harder time convincing myself to spend the extra cash sometimes. So, I actually don't need to clear it with her. It's more like I need her to convince me it's actually ok to get this for myself.

Didn't have to clear anything with the GF. In fact, she got it for me for X-mas. She's even going to pick it up for me at midnight. Woot!

Ok, just tried putting my order in about 15 mins ago, and got this...I am assuming I am not the only one?

exclaim.gif
Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.

• Currently Halo 4 Limited Edition is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart.

clear.gif
Your shopping cart is empty!

[quote name='Kendro']Why is this LE so popular? I've been through all the CE and Legendary Editions for Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo Reach and can't figure out why this LE is getting so much attention?[/QUOTE]

It also comes with all the maps for dlc so that at least has some value

Grabbed one about two hours ago. Hope to get lucky at my local WM but this will be a "just in case".

Thanx OP ...

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']Honestly, this CE sucks, nothing in there is worth showing off!

Digital contents makes up majority of the contents!!![/QUOTE]

im torn on what to do here

i have the regular edition paid off at amazon with credit, if they had the LE in stock at amazon i think i would switch my order, but im not sure if i should cancel my regular edition and spend $100 of real $ for the LE, i dont think its worth it

[quote name='ShirtSizeXXXLXT']Ok, just tried putting my order in about 15 mins ago, and got this...I am assuming I am not the only one?

exclaim.gif
Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.

• Currently Halo 4 Limited Edition is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart.

clear.gif
Your shopping cart is empty![/QUOTE]

yup you are right looks to be OOS now

[quote name='preston181']Didn't have to clear anything with the GF. In fact, she got it for me for X-mas. She's even going to pick it up for me at midnight. Woot![/QUOTE]

Your girlfriend rocks dude.

[quote name='h8b1llg8ts']Grabbed one about two hours ago. Hope to get lucky at my local WM but this will be a "just in case".

Thanx OP ...[/QUOTE]

My walmart got 0 limited editions in, 70 regular copies.

[quote name='preston181']Didn't have to clear anything with the GF. In fact, she got it for me for X-mas. She's even going to pick it up for me at midnight. Woot![/QUOTE]
She's going to a midnight launch... by herself? what do you think the male to female ratio is going to be like..? good luck dude.

[quote name='Newl']She's going to a midnight launch... by herself? what do you think the male to female ratio is going to be like..? good luck dude.[/QUOTE]

Because people waiting in line for a videogame launch at midnight are extremely capable of picking up a girl already in a relationship

Coincidentally, when my Gamestop order wouldn't go through my fiance stopped by Walmart on her way home from work. She called me and stood in line with approximately 10 other hipster males waiting for Halo 4. She surprised the shit out of me and bought me the Limited Edition! She said there was 1 box of LE's there, and those 10 other hipsters were only picking up their regular edition preorders. She really is the best.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']I guess these LE's aren't so limited after all[/QUOTE]

Did you really think a Halo edition would be Limited? Halo editions have always been on clearance after the holiday season.

I don't know why they bother calling it a "limited edition" when in all honesty, "collector's edition" would have been far more appropriate. LE implies something produced in low volume. A minor change of nomenclature but an important one. If MS is going to make a jillion of them, just call it a CE to avoid confusion. Plenty of other games have CEs instead of LEs (ironically some of those CE are rarer than MS's LE :) )

Went to Walmart at midnight, and they had no limited editions. :(

The guy from electronics walked up to the front with two different sized cases, but only opened one at the register, and walked away with the other, so who knows what was in it. I asked the lady who rang me up, and she said they only had the regular one. Oh, well.

The GameStop I also went to only had them for people who pre-ordered. I'm good with the regular one, but I figured it was at least worth a shot.

[quote name='Desousa93']Did you really think a Halo edition would be Limited? Halo editions have always been on clearance after the holiday season.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nogib']I don't know why they bother calling it a "limited edition" when in all honesty, "collector's edition" would have been far more appropriate. LE implies something produced in low volume. A minor change of nomenclature but an important one. If MS is going to make a jillion of them, just call it a CE to avoid confusion. Plenty of other games have CEs instead of LEs (ironically some of those CE are rarer than MS's LE :) )[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try and be objective here but stating that something isn't limited, was mass produced, will go on clearance, or has been reprinted less then 2 hours after initial release when very few retailers are open so there is no way to gauge the actual quantities that will be available from here on out is a huge pet peeve of mine.

It sounds stupid like "NO HDMI kills the deal" on a monitor tha doesn't have speakers but has a DVI input.

You have no idea how many were printed and how many are claimed. Even if every Best Buy and Gamestop had 10 left over after tonight that is far fewer then many AAA releases and who knows what will be available in warehouses but as of now all we know is that Gamestop has been the only online retailer to have additional stock and that lasted only a few hours.

I don't think anyone ever though this was going to only be printed 1,000 times but to already lay claim that it is going to be the next Reach in terms of overabundance is a claim you can't support at this time and it is annoying to see it posted a dozen or so times in every Halo 4 thread.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm going to try and be objective here but stating that something isn't limited, was mass produced, will go on clearance, or has been reprinted less then 2 hours after initial release when very few retailers are open so there is no way to gauge the actual quantities that will be available from here on out is a huge pet peeve of mine.

It sounds stupid like "NO HDMI kills the deal" on a monitor tha doesn't have speakers but has a DVI input.

You have no idea how many were printed and how many are claimed. Even if every Best Buy and Gamestop had 10 left over after tonight that is far fewer then many AAA releases and who knows what will be available in warehouses but as of now all we know is that Gamestop has been the only online retailer to have additional stock and that lasted only a few hours.

I don't think anyone ever though this was going to only be printed 1,000 times but to already lay claim that it is going to be the next Reach in terms of overabundance is a claim you can't support at this time and it is annoying to see it posted a dozen or so times in every Halo 4 thread.[/QUOTE]

Just wait till the flippers can't flip and return them. It won't be limited at all after that.

bread's done
Back