Halo 5 10/27 and MCC Thread

If bandana is usable in all 4 games it will make LASO a lot more easy. It made the legendary CEA run very easy, especially if the level had a rocket launcher. Some of the achievements are confusing and don't make much sense. It will be a grind that's for sure.

MJOLNIR.jpg

GAME is basically GameStop for the UK though financially they aren't affiliated of course.  I wonder when they plan to announce something for the US as far as CE's are concerned.

Best Buy is giving out the Map Book and Skull with Pre-Orders,
the statue is nice, but there are many companies that sell Chief statues by themselves.
The steelbook on the other hand, that would be nice to have. Maybe someone else will pick that up as a pre-order bonus, like Target perhaps.

Man, now I'm wondering if I should get digital to have it preloaded and not have to wait to install? I have the hard copy preordered at Gamestop, if I switch it over to digital do I get a code or something so I can preload it, or does that only work preordering on the console itself?

Edit: Well nevermind, there is no digital preorder list on the Gamestop site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-load page on xbox.com says:

XBOX ONE GAME EXPECTED TO RELEASE ON 11/11/2014. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE GAME FROM XBOX LIVE BEFORE THEN, BUT IT WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE UNTIL 12:01 AM EST ON THE RELEASE DATE. 

I wonder how much space Spartan Ops will take.  And if they're release them all together or in two parts like last time, and if they'll separate them over a week again or just make all chapters playable through matchmaking.

I'm just going to go digital. I will never get rid of this game. I will only have to download the day one update compared to waiting on installation of the disc and update. Plus I can start at 11pm. Just need to find a code for the bandana skull.

Sweet, thanks guys. Digital is definitely the way to go if you want to play it ASAP. Can knock out the entire process beforehand rather than installing it physically (unless you have a super speedy connection).

Can't wait 

I hope someone can confirm the 12:01 AM ET thing and how exactly it will work. A lot of pre-download titles have had that same format.

Will it just be a standard "you can play midnight your time zone" or really 12:01 AM ET open to everyone in US (doesn't make sense as other time zones would 'break start date'").

As an Eastern-er, I don't want to wait an extra 3 hours to play if it's Pacific, lol  :pray:

I hope someone can confirm the 12:01 AM ET thing and how exactly it will work. A lot of pre-download titles have had that same format.

Will it just be a standard "you can play midnight your time zone" or really 12:01 AM ET open to everyone in US (doesn't make sense as other time zones would 'break start date'").

As an Eastern-er, I don't want to wait an extra 3 hours to play if it's Pacific, lol :pray:
It means us East Coasters will be able to play at 12:01 AM Eastern Time. West Coast would be able to play at 9:01 PM.

[quote name="Flash15" post="12168407" timestamp="1413609714"]wouldn't that count as 'breaking street date' or something? For Pacific, Mountain, and Central?[/quote]
Well it would be Microsoft's street date... ;)

I think I'm sold on the digital version.
I have a bunch of digital currency that I never use anyway, and with my super slow connection, it would take forever to download the day one update. In fact, I may take my console to a friends house today who has cable, and get the download going overnight.

I'll keep my pre-order at Best Buy though, I do still want a physical copy.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe5iGKfl_ws[/youtube]

HaloFest: A Celebration Fit for a Spartan
Halo: The Master Chief Collection is Microsoft and 343 Industries’ tribute to longtime fans, the culmination of more than 13 years of storytelling, adventure and gameplay. For the first HaloFest, 343 built a living museum of Halo history, but this time, the history is encapsulated in its purest form, the Master Chief’s epic saga. So this year, in celebration of those memories and the future that lies ahead, Halo will take over the Avalon Theatre in Los Angeles on Nov. 10, the day before Halo: The Master Chief Collection arrives worldwide.

Fans all over the world are invited to join the festivities via a live broadcast on Xbox Live, Xbox.com and Twitch, beginning at 8 p.m. PT. Tune in to the HaloFest Livestream to see:

• First look at Halo 5: Guardians. Fans will have a chance to experience the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta before its release on Dec. 29. An exhibition match between eSports pros will provide a first glimpse at the future of Halo multiplayer gameplay.
  • World premiere of Halo: Nightfall. [SIZE=1em]The evolution of [/SIZE]Halo[SIZE=1em] storytelling continues with the debut of [/SIZE]Halo: Nightfall[SIZE=1em]. Watch the first episode of this original live-action digital series, which introduces Agent Locke – a pivotal new character in [/SIZE]Halo 5: Guardians. Halo: Nightfall [SIZE=1em]is[/SIZE] [SIZE=1em]the result of an unprecedented collaboration with industry talents like[/SIZE] [SIZE=1em]Ridley Scott and Sergio Mimica-Gezzan, who worked hand-in-hand with 343 Industries to raise the bar for live-action storytelling in the [/SIZE]Halo[SIZE=1em] universe.[/SIZE]
  • Interviews with 343 Industries and more. Hear from Head of 343 Industries Bonnie Ross, Franchise Development Director Frank O’Connor, Executive Producer Dan Ayoub, Executive Producer Josh Holmes and others as they talk about the past, present and future of the Halo universe. Additionally, get the latest details on Halo: Nightfall directly from 343 Executive Producer Kiki Wolfkill, the cast and production team, and hear from celebrity Halo fans walking the green carpet at the Avalon Theatre.
  • The global Halo Tournament. On Nov. 8-9, the Halo: The Master Chief Collection Launch Invitational, presented by ESL, will feature 32 of the biggest names in eSports going toe-to-toe in Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer for $50,000 in prizes and the chance to be the first to play the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta. The competition will take place at ESL’s Southern California headquarters, and all coverage will be streamed at Twitch.tv/Halo on Nov. 8-9, with additional highlights airing during the HaloFest live broadcast on Nov. 10.
http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/games-halo-fest-announcement

IGN will be live streaming at 2pm eastern time. Taking requests and giving away prizes.

I don't H2A Announcer--is it really necessary to say:

"Capture the Flag, 1 FLAG CTF--bring the flag back to score"--or whatever it was in the Zanzibar video.

Well, if you're going for the digital version of MCC, you may not want to pause the installation until its finished. Apparently there's a problem going around where if you pause, or turn off your console before its finished, your progress will actually drop.
Just happened to me while I paused to install Shadow Warrior. Went from 73% to 31%.
A bunch of other guys on Halo Waypoint are having the same issue.
Hope they get this squared away BEFORE the 11th.

Well that would explain why mine took so long.

Apparently you can play the Single Player portion of the game while the 20 GB patch is downloading day one. That's a good thing if true

Well that would explain why mine took so long.

Apparently you can play the Single Player portion of the game while the 20 GB patch is downloading day one. That's a good thing if true
If so I have absolutely no problem with the 20 GB Day one Patch.

I feel bad to admit but I never played a Halo game before. I just never owned a xbox. So now it's time to make up for it.

Have they made any mention of the double melee button combo in Halo 1 being intact? I know it's the PC version that they're using, but I don't know if that version had that combo in it or not.

bread's done
Back