Halo 5 10/27 and MCC Thread

Downloading my 15GB MP patch before I fire up the game.  This is my first Xbone game so I'm not sure what the details are but I noticed my game was downloading at approx. 95% before the status said "Installation stopped" and then "queued".  I was afraid I would have to redownload everything again so I turn on the game and I think it's downloading some components for the Beta.  Under the Multiplayer menu, I see all 4 games at 100% now and the 5th item almost there at 87% but progressing.  So I think the "queued" status means I'm still downloading fine... even though it stopped showing my progress bar.  Confusing. 

I've been downloading for at least an hour and a half now and I use Comcast with the 50Mbps internet plan.  I think I wont be done until another 45 minutes since it seems to be at a crawl now.  :shock:

Went to the midnight launch at the local Microsoft store to pick up my copy at their launch part and won a xb1 with Kinect. Now I can have an xb1 on every floor in the house.
Nice! Another CAG actually won two Xbox One systems by going to these Microsoft store midnight launches. I think he went to the Sunset Overdrive and COD midnight launch and went home each time with a new Xbox One.

Went to the midnight launch at the local Microsoft store to pick up my copy at their launch part and won a xb1 with Kinect. Now I can have an xb1 on every floor in the house.
Congrats man. I was debating about going to the MS one but the wife wants her sleep in case our little one wakes up so I'm stuck with nightwatch duties and can't leave home :(

There's no voucher for the Halo Beta. I was hoping there would be one to sell off. You just need the MCC disc/game to launch it when it's ready.

Congrats man. I was debating about going to the MS one but the wife wants her sleep in case our little one wakes up so I'm stuck with nightwatch duties and can't leave home :(

There's no voucher for the Halo Beta. I was hoping there would be one to sell off. You just need the MCC disc/game to launch it when it's ready.
So will we get access to Nightfall through the disc too? Is Nightfall done yet or we still waiting for it?

Last edited by a moderator:
So will we get access to Nightfall through the disc too? Is Nightfall done yet or we still waiting for it?
As hack mentioned, you just need a voucher to download the Halo Channel app. Episode 1 is supposed to be available today. There's going to more episodes released over time. Up to five episodes. My guess is it's going to be treated similar to how Halo Forward Unto Dawn was when Halo 4 came out.

Took me over 2 hours to install the patch.  Matchmaking is ok.  It takes a few minutes to find match and with it being launch night and all, I think that's pretty good all things considered.  Wow I really suck at Halo now.  It's been years lol.  Not even .5 K/D ratio

The online is a mess, but the game is really good. It's nice to play some Halo again.

Going to put together some gameclips I took tomorrow I've been recording a lot so far.

What was wrong with Halo 4's story? I frankly thought it was one of the strongest, if not the strongest in the series.
It was an ok standalone story but they had to retcon just about everything prior to 4 to make it work, and important plot points weren't conveyed in game. None of the supporting cast had any depth, there's no Johnson or Keyes or even a Pvt Jenkins in 4. Even Reach for all its flaws and its total obliteration of established canon had some memorable characters.

Forgetting everything that happened in the last game is exactly what Mass Effect was looking for though.

Being able to swap between cut-scenes is awesome to see just how the new technology has been able to push the storytelling itself and not just the visuals.

Gameplay wise I am still questioning how it has aged. Jumping into Halo 2 matches the game felt very sluggish and dated. I mean it makes sense that it would, and having over 1.5k hours logged into Halo 2 it would make sense that I would have remembered it to be ideal. I am not sure how well I will adjust to the old gameplay is all. Granted I was able to get into one match last night and I was half asleep so the jury is still out but yeah haha

Very glad I went out at got this at midnight from GS. Installed the patch while I slept and now I can jump right into the action when I get home from work in a couple hours!

Very glad I went out at got this at midnight from GS. Installed the patch while I slept and now I can jump right into the action when I get home from work in a couple hours!
My buddy was trying to play and said he still was having issues getting into multiplayer. I can't get on until 11pm tonight anyway but is anyone else STILL have troubles with matchmaking?

I am still having an issue. I can't get into a game....just sit there by myself in the lobby while it is searching for players, then eventually boots me out.

Yeah, I've seen all that. I have exited and tried again to no avail. I have also restarted my xbox and router and turned all my lights off and on in my house...still no good. :)

Oh well, I will just campaign it up until it is fixed.

It was an ok standalone story but they had to retcon just about everything prior to 4 to make it work, and important plot points weren't conveyed in game. None of the supporting cast had any depth, there's no Johnson or Keyes or even a Pvt Jenkins in 4. Even Reach for all its flaws and its total obliteration of established canon had some memorable characters.

Forgetting everything that happened in the last game is exactly what Mass Effect was looking for though.
I disagree. The story was awesome if you're into the Halo lore. The problem is as a stand alone game, they did not flush things out well enough. If you took the time to watch the terminals, read up on some of the books, and watch some of the videos that 343 put out there then the story was awesome. I didn't find Miranda Keyes to be particularly interesting and her father was only in the first game a short time. Everyone loves Sgt. Johnson, but you can really only have one. Laskey was a good character and flushing out Halsey's story was cool.

What in your opinion did they have to retcon to make the story work?

Man this wait is so disappointing. This is the one game Microsoft and 343 needed to launch right and they've completely blown it. This should have been beta tested if the situation was so bad that the servers didn't even work once the game launched.

Just picked up my copy since BB dropped the ball on my preorder and installing now, currently at 4%.

I'll be on all day and would like to play some co-op whenever possible.

Gamertag: morphinekissed

EDIT: Installs a lot faster when offline, I think I was attempting to install and downloading the update/patch at the same time.

managed to play 5 games of Team Slayer. I can't seem to get into any other playlist. After voting for a map, it would go to a loading screen and say "incomplete match" or something.

Im having isuues getting into matches as well, It sucks but its to be expected with such a big release. It will be ironed out soon.

Got into 3 games of Halo 2 Anniversary. The maps and weapons feel awesome. My biggest complaint is everyone was voting for Team Slayer BR every time. Couldn't get anyone to vote for anything else. Wish they would remove the voting system and have just random maps/modes. 

One big thing I noticed is when you're in a party searching for a match and the leader backs out, it leaves the other party members which forces everyone to leave and start a new party. They really need to fix that. 

Anyone having issues with achievements?  Played a couple campaign leves in the Master Chief Saga playlist and no achievements have unlocked yet, including the campaign specific ones.

Man this wait is so disappointing. This is the one game Microsoft and 343 needed to launch right and they've completely blown it. This should have been beta tested if the situation was so bad that the servers didn't even work once the game launched.
Every game, no matter how big it is, has issues. This will never change COD/Destiny/Halo/Battlefield/Madden etc....

Anyone having issues with achievements? Played a couple campaign leves in the Master Chief Saga playlist and no achievements have unlocked yet, including the campaign specific ones.
I played through three campaign levels last night on legendary co-op. I got a ridiculous amount of achievements.

Watched the first episode of Nightfall today. Definitely getting a SYFY esque level of production from the show. It wasn't terrible, but I liked Forward Unto Dawn more. Maybe once I watch the rest I'll like it more

Is there anyway to customize your icon like you could in all of the individual games? Make things bigger smaller etc....?

Achievements were unlocking until around noon for me. Man that scarab gun skull is so much fun to use. It makes quick work of enemies on legendary. The best weapons to use with it are the BR/covenant carbine and the plasma rifle.

Some server side updates will be rolling out soon to hopefully fix the matchmaking issues. Another will be coming this weekend as well. Hopefully they fix achievement problems as well, but that is a Microsoft problem and is causing unlock problems in other games as well.

Never got into any matchmade games (who did?), but did get to play a couple customs last night. I figured I'd be a bit rusty, but holy crap the movement speed is slower than I remember and my whole game was off. While I tend to expect a fair amount of deaths as I've always been a CQC kind of person, just getting back in the swing of things seems to not be going according to plan.

As for control schemes, I'm undecided what I want to rock this time around. Part of me wants uniformity so trying out Bumper Jumper which is new to me. Only thing I was I could change is have melee as B and reload as RB. Only thing really throwing me off at the moment. What's everyone else rocking as far as controls go?

Never got into any matchmade games (who did?), but did get to play a couple customs last night. I figured I'd be a bit rusty, but holy crap the movement speed is slower than I remember and my whole game was off. While I tend to expect a fair amount of deaths as I've always been a CQC kind of person, just getting back in the swing of things seems to not be going according to plan.

As for control schemes, I'm undecided what I want to rock this time around. Part of me wants uniformity so trying out Bumper Jumper which is new to me. Only thing I was I could change is have melee as B and reload as RB. Only thing really throwing me off at the moment. What's everyone else rocking as far as controls go?
I was using the Halo CE Default during the singleplayer but when I went and played some of the Halo 2 customs, that controller option wasn't available in Halo 2, which was confusing cause I thought you could set any controller scheme across all games but apparently you can only do that with specific schemes.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to play...would help if I could actually get in a match!

I barely had any trouble with matchmaking in my limited time last night. Took about 2 minutes each time for a game to start. Worked literally 50% of the time. Played 5 matchmade games total on Team Slayer and Halo 2 Classic. Everyone votes for Team BR in Slayer, regardless of map. You will not play any other variant on Team Slayer through matchmaking.

I was rusty as hell. My first few match making matches went really bad. I'm using universal reclaimer. I tried using universal bump and jump but ive never been able to use my middle finger on the triggers. I don't understand why you can't just customize your control scheme.

Still haven't been able to join a match yet. Well this fucking sucks. Guess it's back to Advanced Warfare until they get it fixed. Can't believe they dropped the ball this badly, but with all that said, going through a couple of campaign missions I had a lot of fun, just wish some of my buddies had a One to run through co-op with me. The game will be absolutely amazing once they get it sorted, just frustrating that it's even an issue at this point.

The patch hasn't really helped. Still get frozen at the end of games and it's taking forever to find games. Also, the team formations are really bad-- 2v3 CTF on Zanzibar? 4v6?

C'mon  :shame:

bread's done
Back