Halo 5 10/27 and MCC Thread

Not even a day in and I already wish they added a non team slayer mode. Getting real fucking sick of getting stuck with teammates that go 3/13 or 1/10. Just ended a match were two members of my team went 0/10 and 0/11 and they left before it was over.

Is your Gamertag same as your CAG name?

(Edit) Since someone existed with your CAG name I added them as a friend and sent them the invite. If that wasn't you I can just send another one. Just note as I said before it make take up to a week for Microsoft to send you a preview invite after the registration is done.

Last edited by a moderator:
That beta was pretty damn good, outside of Titanfall haven't enjoyed a FPS in quite awhile as much as I enjoyed Halo 5 beta.

Also, another MCC patch came today. Hopefully more people can play without issues.

Just now heard of this Preview Program. Seems like it's too late to be able to get access to the early Halo 5 beta, but would someone mind inviting me to the program? It seems really interesting and I would love to be able to access whatever they have in store for future games!

Most of the stuff that was implemented in H4 like Ordnance drops, perks, customizable loadouts, etc. are all gone.  The fact there's now power weapons again and it's not randomized makes a huge difference to how you play the game.

Sprinting in this game works a lot better since you can stop them dead in their tracks if they try to run off with low shields plus it doesn't regenerate until you find a safe spot to do so.  Understand everyone isn't a fan of it, but it has its benefits.

The other Spartan Abilities all work well with the core Halo gameplay as well.  Clamber is useful and needed to make some jumps depending the map, Ground Pound isn't ridiculously OP and easy to pull off, have to be at a high enough vantage point to pull it off and can easily be evaded with the Thruster Pack, which IMO is the most useful addition to the game.

For me, Smart Scope isn't perfect since it's not a seamless transition like Zoom was in previous Halos.  Not that I can't hit shots with it, but the animation seems a lot slower than a COD game would be.  Autos are also viable as starting weapons if not maybe a little OP, especially the SMG.  SMG can beat out the AR most times in a 1v1 duel due to it's greater accuracy.  Both have great added range so you can compete and beat out a player using a BR/DMR as well.  And the pistol is probably the best in the series overall due to it's accuracy and quick fire rate.

Know I'm leaving a few things out, but it's take the good out of every Halo and incorporates it into H5.  Loved what I played so far.

Thanks for the explanation. Yeah I mostly always had Sprint as my ability in Halo 4, was a master at the DMR too. Sounds like good progression and they've got a ways till launch anyways. I'm sure they'll get a bunch of data from their Betas. Sticks, been working a lot and haven't turned on my Xbox One yet until today where I find that I had a Preview Program Beta Code lying in my messages.  :wall:

Did they give an ETA for when the Beta would go live tomorrow?  I haven't seen any updates.  Hopefully the network hack isn't going to delay this.  

Sure hope the SKU for the limited edition gets updated soon on BB.com, the image is up, but the page is dead. Planning on stopping by a store after work around 4:45pm to pre-order and grab the poster. Damn nice looking poster if its the one in the ad.

Just bought the game digitally, because apparently I'm a masochist. 15 minutes in and I'm still searching for a game. Didn't think it could possibly be worse than it was at launch. Pretty mind boggling.

Guess it's on to the Halo 5 beta for now.

Huh Master Chief Collection has been working a lot better for me. I have no issues finding matches although I avoid Big Team Battle since it is full of lag.

Not even a day in and I already wish they added a non team slayer mode. Getting real fucking sick of getting stuck with teammates that go 3/13 or 1/10. Just ended a match were two members of my team went 0/10 and 0/11 and they left before it was over.
I lost a game of Empire last night going 25-5.

Can't wait to get home tonight and try Breakout and the two "new" maps with BR starts though.

Is everyone enjoying their Halo Day? lol Went to GS this morning and got the controller decal and the analog stick covers. I passed on the poster, just not my thing. Didn't have to do a preorder either on Halo 5

Dear god, I absolutely hate the music that always plays when you get killed in the beta. It's very similar to the Mass Effect "You are Dead" music.

Other than that I'm having really fun with the beta, mostly playing slayer now because of the BR starts.

1.6 5:30PM Update

As we had mentioned before the holidays, the team continues to work on upcoming Halo: The Master Chief Collection updates to improve the existing experience and add new content. We’ve continued this work through the holidays, and have multiple content updates in the works. Our next content update, which will address UI and a variety of other areas, is currently on track for delivery next week. We will provide additional info regarding the exact ETA and final details of the upcoming content update once the certification process is completed.

Additionally, this Thursday, we’ll be updating MCC to include new achievements for Spartan Ops, as well as some additional ones for multiplayer. These will become available this Thursday, 1/8.

Improving your experience with Halo: The Master Chief Collection remains our top priority, and we thank you for your continued feedback and reports on community forums and elsewhere as we prioritize updates for each CU. We will continue to provide the latest information via this thread.
More achievements? lol

I don't think this game is ever going to be (even close) to what it was brought out to be. It sucks. It had a chance to be something special and it just fell flat.

Even if they get it up to working to potential, the damage is already done. The hype is so far gone and a lot of people have gotten rid of their copies or have just given up on the game as a whole.

I play this game daily and it's mainly the only Xbox game I play, but it's upsetting to see friends giving up on it after we spent the entire summer counting up to November 11th talking about how much we were going to play Halo 2, custom games, and all that fun stuff.

Just sucks.

bread's done
Back