Halo edition 360 - $400

and it will look funky sweet nere the Halo Spartan Mjolnir Mark VI Helmet! and with the halo 3 wireless headset too

and do u think they will sell extra wireless controllers with the same color paint and the HDDVD player too

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I actually like them.[/QUOTE]

So do both themes and both sets of pics come with it? I already have the theme and gamerpic set that aren't the UNSC ones.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']So do both themes and both sets of pics come with it? I already have the theme and gamerpic set that aren't the UNSC ones.[/quote]

Just the UNSC ones.

[quote name='Trakan']Just the UNSC ones.[/QUOTE]

....WOW.

The more I think about this console, the more it's a blatant opportunity to take advantage of the Halo brand. (I know this is exactly why this console was made) But seriously? $400. 20 gig HD, Halo branded skin, controllers, headset, play 'n charge kit.

No wireless headset. No 120 gig HD. No 65nm chips. No Halo 3 included. ONE free theme and ONE free gamerpic set. Seriously. MS put little to no effort in this package.

With all the information going around about the 65 nm chips, it's hard to keep track of which ones do have it and which ones don't have it. Has there been any information to prove or disprove that the Halo edition has the chip in it?

I don't recall seeing any final tech specs on the Halo 3 console. I personally am just going on blind faith that it will have the Falcon. At minimum, it should have the new heatsinks and quieter drive, though.

And I'm sorry to say that I am a little disappointed in the special edition gamerpics and theme myself. Not that I'm spending the extra $50 just for that, though...

what is the possibility of the falcon chips being in the halo edition of the 360?

really thinking about getting this system

Prolly not. They really don't care about what they put in it, because they know halo 3 fans would buy a tube sock with halo 3 written on it in magic marker. I know i would!

Smart money says if M$ XBox 360 factories still got 90nm chips, they're going to keep using 'em!!

Until info is leaked (which in this case it doesn't seem to be, coming from someone at M$ that would know, or the factory...), assume it'll have the 90nm chip unless there is word of 65nm (falcon) chips present in Premium or Elite consoles.

These come out tomorrow...just got the call from GS that my preorder will be in tomorrow. Still debating if I should keep it or get a Elite...:whistle2:k

[quote name='LinkinPrime']These come out tomorrow...just got the call from GS that my preorder will be in tomorrow. Still debating if I should keep it or get a Elite...:whistle2:k[/quote]$50 gets you 100GB more space. Possibly a HDMI output dongle as well.

Well that sucks...I really do like the color/theme so the nerd in me really wants it and I guess I could shell out $50 for the HDMI later...but the brain says save money and go for the Elite....argh!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Well that sucks...I really do like the color/theme so the nerd in me really wants it and I guess I could shell out $50 for the HDMI later...but the brain says save money and go for the Elite....argh![/QUOTE]

Accept the inner nerd! Even if you dont get the hdd space, there will have to be a great deal sometime down the road for the HDMI cable. Amazon might even do a DotD for 40 bucks! (w00t so cheap!)

I cannot wait to get it tomorrow!!!!

If I see it, I'll probably buy it because I'm a moron. At least I know a friend who I KNOW will buy my premium 360. But that's only if I see it in-store somewhere.

That is what I am thinking too, as my replacement seems to be working fine so far, but does have the occasional hiccup/freeze now and then, which makes me nervous at times. I don't know to just try to go out and get one tomorrow and keep it sealed up until it's confirmed for sure.

[quote name='DeskLaser']I tried looking for any information to see if these have the 65 nm chips, and came across this amazon forum, where it is claimed that they do:

http://www.amazon.com/elite-vs-halo-x-box/forum/FxRU01D5RLCTNW/TxDS09Z5U1024D/1/ref=cm_cd_dp_tft_tp/105-5629296-6956450?%5Fencoding=UTF8&cdAnchor=B000V761SM&asin=B000V761SM&store=videogames

Has anyone seen any information to back up this claim? I figure it's likely not 100% accurate, but who knows, it might have them.[/quote]In theory, the box sticker would say something other than Zephyr. No way to see from the eBay pics posted. Llama.com might know, once they crack one open.

Question. I'm thinking about buying the Halo Edition 360 (I already have a premium 360 that I got at launch (but has been repaired/replaced thrice)). If I borrow a memory card from a friend and copy all the stuff that can't be replaced (savegames, gamer profiles, and such) will I be able to load all that stuff onto the new hard drive and 360 and download all my old arcade games again without too much trouble or will I run into some sort of problem?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Well that sucks...I really do like the color/theme so the nerd in me really wants it and I guess I could shell out $50 for the HDMI later...but the brain says save money and go for the Elite....argh![/quote]Damn, I'm in the same boat as you man. Either way, I'm getting some kind of 360 tomorrow and getting back on Live again after 6 months of inactivity.:cool:

Edit:: Any BB coupons floating around by any chance?

You could redownload everything tied to your gamertag, yes, but you would have to go logged in to Live to access it (downloadable content can only be accessed offline on the original console you bought/downloaded from; any other console, you must connect to Live).

Just ordered one for PU at my local CC. Hoping to just walk in, present the paperwork, and walk out. Painless.

By the way, when I ordered it they included for free a $19.99 gamers savings club membership. Also hoping they'll accept the $40.00 of coupon. We'll see.

Mine is paid for. Hopefully my GS got it yesterday so I can pick it up later today (whoa it's past 1am already--better hit the hay soon).

I hope it has the Falcon chip, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one. As long as it's got the upgraded heat sink and quieter drive, I'll probably be ok with it. We'll see...

Where does it mention Zephyr on the current Xbox 360 boxes? The urge for HDMI, possibly a quieter drive, and the collectible factor are really pushing me to pick one up today, but I would still try to see a Zephyr/Falcon statement on the box if possible.

[quote name='DeskLaser']Where does it mention Zephyr on the current Xbox 360 boxes? The urge for HDMI, possibly a quieter drive, and the collectible factor are really pushing me to pick one up today, but I would still try to see a Zephyr/Falcon statement on the box if possible.[/quote]

On the left side of the box. As far as I know, all HDMI 360s are Zephyrs. Nobody has proven otherwise.

I ended up picking one up this morning. On the Halo edition there is no mention of Zephyr/Falcon on the sticker that would say Zephyr on the new Premiums. I will just keep it sealed in the meantime and play my MS refurb until any confirmation is made. In any case, I got a free CC Gamers Savings Club out of it, and $6 off a Halo 3 controller because of it (wanted a 4th controller, so what the hell), so all is good if I end up just keeping it for collection purposes if it does not have the Falcon, as given the previous Halo console, I am sure it will at least retain its value, if not gain any.

EDIT: I saw this right after I posted, it looks like there may possibly be hope for improved hardware in the Halo edition, as described in post #69 on this forum thread:

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=546641&page=5

Basically, the poster's impressions are that his console runs cooler than both the Premium and the Elite and the disc drive is a little quieter (poster states his disc drive does not make a "swoosh" sound when inserting discs).

I was thinking about getting one of these...but do I need to rush out today? It seems like all the BBs and CCs near me have it in stock still, does anyone know anything about the supply on these? Is this initial inventory the ONLY inventory these stores will see?

*Went ahead and got from CC, along with a Covenent Controller (seems like these are selling out everywhere)

Got one this morning at Best Buy. The box does not say falcon or zephyr. This is my first xbox so I have no clue how loud or cooler this is compared to regular ones.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Gah. If it has 65mm chips and it's confirmed, pretty much will be mine.[/QUOTE]
Yah if this is confirmed I need to know how to red ring my xbox so I can exchange it for the the halo 3 box. (best buy warrenty)

ok i just picked one up, now if anyone can tell me how to check, i will, and if u want me to take any pics of some specific things, do so, i will be happy to help.

[quote name='icegrillz']ok i just picked one up, now if anyone can tell me how to check, i will, and if u want me to take any pics of some specific things, do so, i will be happy to help.[/QUOTE]

Do you know what drive it comes with (i.e. BenqQ or Hitachi?) and does it include any special XBL subscriptions (or is it just the standard 1 free month of GOLD)?

Also, can you confirm that it DOES NOT INCLUDE an HDMI cable? Thanks for any response. Enjoy the system.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Do you know what drive it comes with (i.e. BenqQ or Hitachi?) and does it include any special XBL subscriptions (or is it just the standard 1 free month of GOLD)?

Also, can you confirm that it DOES NOT INCLUDE an HDMI cable? Thanks for any response. Enjoy the system.[/quote]

ok my drive is round, so it's benq, i am sure and it's just one month of gold, one thing that i c is that it has a power and charge kit included, and no hdmi cable.

Can you check the back of the unit to see if the model information is printed somewhere there? I won't be picking mine up until the kiddies go down for a nap after lunch, so if anyone can post sooner, that'd be appreciated.

Well I got one at Best Buy...I unboxed it just to check it out...damn its sexy :drool: love the orange metallic color and the way it stands out.

I'll try to set it up tonight and post impressions tomorrow. Now if only I can find a deal on a 120GB HDD and the HDMI cable...

ok so how can you tell what drive it is? and which one is better? has the falcon chips been truly confirmed or taking the console apart would be the only way to find out?

the HDD is 100G smaller, and although it has an HDMI port, there is no cable included.... i know they are cheaper for you guys in the states but up here in canada the cheapest 3 foot HDMI cable i have seen was a 4 foot for 70 bucks and going up to over 300 bucks for a 12 foot monster.......

so for me its the elite as an upgrade. especially because canada gets the video marketplace next month.

bread's done
Back