Halo edition 360 - $400

Id like to chip in and say that the console is much more sexy in real life than it appears in the pictures. The control is green and black and the green is much darker than it first appeared. Overall I am very satisfied with it. I only got it because my launch console died on Sunday night

alright i found a way around it, i am using a 24 inch samsung monitor for gaming and it doesn't have speakers, i bought the halo edition 360, thinking it would come with that audio thing also, but i realized it wasn't there, so i used my hdmi to dvi-d cable that i got from monoprice and hooked up the 360 for video, but there's still no audio, and i tried to see if the component video/audio cable that came with the 360 will fit with the 360 but it just won't it just too damn fat. I went out to gamestop and bought one of those unversal compatable things that lets u connect a 360/gamecube/ps2, thats the only thing they had, and it was like 10 bucks. I brought it home and had to struggle to fit the thing in the back with the hdmi, but i did, it's kinda bented a little but oh well it works, i got sound now through my z2300 logitech speakers. Now, if anyone knows one of those other composite cables that would fit perfectly with no problem with the hdmi, plz post the link here to where i can buy one.

I just got this today and I'm guessing that this has the exact same problems with the Olevia 232v TV (hdmi) as the other 360s. Darnit, I guess I'll have to stick to component...

[quote name='vietgurl']I just got this today and I'm guessing that this has the exact same problems with the Olevia 232v TV (hdmi) as the other 360s. Darnit, I guess I'll have to stick to component...[/QUOTE]

which problem would that be?

[quote name='icegrillz']alright i found a way around it, i am using a 24 inch samsung monitor for gaming and it doesn't have speakers, i bought the halo edition 360, thinking it would come with that audio thing also, but i realized it wasn't there, so i used my hdmi to dvi-d cable that i got from monoprice and hooked up the 360 for video, but there's still no audio, and i tried to see if the component video/audio cable that came with the 360 will fit with the 360 but it just won't it just too damn fat. I went out to gamestop and bought one of those unversal compatable things that lets u connect a 360/gamecube/ps2, thats the only thing they had, and it was like 10 bucks. I brought it home and had to struggle to fit the thing in the back with the hdmi, but i did, it's kinda bented a little but oh well it works, i got sound now through my z2300 logitech speakers. Now, if anyone knows one of those other composite cables that would fit perfectly with no problem with the hdmi, plz post the link here to where i can buy one.[/quote]

You need one of these:
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=802758
  • Includes Optical/RCA Audio Adapter. The Audio Adapter allows HDMI video to be routed to the HDTV with the audio routed SEPERATLY to the home speaker system
  • Assured quality from the Xbox brand
These allow HDMI video and have an output for the Optical Cable so that you can get sound through your receiver.

OK I bought the Halo 3 xbox and I was under the impression the exclusive theme and pic were on the Hard Drive, in actuality they are available via a points code for Xbox live. Now to try and figure out the value of these codes so I can Ebay them since I don't care about the theme or exclusive pictures but I know someone will, any ideas ? Also I can't figure out why people haven't brought this up yet ?

I did think about it, but you figure a bunch of more motivated folks are already doing the same thing. I'm too lazy to search, but I'm sure the auctions have already gone up and maybe even ended by now. I have no idea what people would be willing to pay for those codes, but I can't imagine very much--they're not mind-boggling IMO and you can get free Halo dlc on Live right now via Best Buy.

I'm actually using the "exclusive" theme right now, though. It's a bit dark, but nice overall.

[quote name='gunm']I did think about it, but you figure a bunch of more motivated folks are already doing the same thing. I'm too lazy to search, but I'm sure the auctions have already gone up and maybe even ended by now. I have no idea what people would be willing to pay for those codes, but I can't imagine very much--they're not mind-boggling IMO and you can get free Halo dlc on Live right now via Best Buy.

I'm actually using the "exclusive" theme right now, though. It's a bit dark, but nice overall.[/quote]

I found one auction on ebay with 5 days left, I plan on watching it and seeing if there is any movement, then I will decide, can you post pics of what the theme looks like ?

[quote name='mcroa7']OK I bought the Halo 3 xbox and I was under the impression the exclusive theme and pic were on the Hard Drive, in actuality they are available via a points code for Xbox live. Now to try and figure out the value of these codes so I can Ebay them since I don't care about the theme or exclusive pictures but I know someone will, any ideas ? Also I can't figure out why people haven't brought this up yet ?[/QUOTE]

Start it at 1 dollar with seven days and let the market determine the value. That's how eBay worked until a million idiots clogged it up with their fucking eBay stores and get rich quick schemes.

[quote name='Halo05']Start it at 1 dollar with seven days and let the market determine the value. That's how eBay worked until a million idiots clogged it up with their fucking eBay stores and get rich quick schemes.[/quote]

Are you saying I can't start it at $399 with a title like "ONE OF A KIND EXCLUSIVE THEME BE THE ONLY SPOILED KID IN YOUR FIFTH GRADE CLASS WHO HAS THIS SUPER SWEET AWESOME RADICAL THEME AND GAMERPICS IF YOUR MOTHER WON'T BUY YOU THIS SHE DOESN't LOVE YOU"
I mean if I cant have a title like that on my auction why even try. Anyways I am probably goign to do just that and list it tomorrow morning!:roll:

OK. I never registered for Youtube before...for whatever reason they took a day to send me my confirmation email. Anyway...I'm uploading my lame unboxing video now. Please don't mock me too much...

After having this 360 for a full day: It's not much quieter. The disc drive is quieter, but the fan noise is still quite pronounced. Still, I personally think this console looks awesome. It's very cool in person and not so flamboyant that it clashes with my mostly black AV gear.

Here's my Youtube link. The video is currently "processing". Should be available in a few minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/SnakeEyesEx

[quote name='SNAKE EYES EX']OK. I never registered for Youtube before...for whatever reason they took a day to send me my confirmation email. Anyway...I'm uploading my lame unboxing video now. Please don't mock me too much...

After having this 360 for a full day: It's not much quieter. The disc drive is quieter, but the fan noise is still quite pronounced. Still, I personally think this console looks awesome. It's very cool in person and not so flamboyant that it clashes with my mostly black AV gear.

Here's my Youtube link. The video is currently "processing". Should be available in a few minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/SnakeEyesEx[/quote] [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yG2e561vMg[/media] Nice...thanks

So I was getting my new Halo 360 setup (I decided to stick with it and sell my premium), and I had my gamer profile and game saves on a 64 MB memory unit ready to go to transfer to the new hard drive. During the setup, it took my gamer profile that was on the memory unit and redownloaded all of my Xbox Live Arcade games automatically! I definitely was not looking forward to transferring all those over, so definitely a nice little feature.

EDIT: Some other fun facts about the hard drive included with the Halo edition 360. It comes preloaded with demos for "Call of Duty 3 St. Lo.," Fuzion Frenzy 2, Lego Star Wars II, Lost Planet Online, and Madden 07 (why they would include a demo for 07 and not 08 is beyond me). Videos that it comes preloaded with are "Accessories," Bringing It Home Halo Wars Trailer, E3 06: Fable 2 Trailer, "Forza Motorsport," "Forza Motorsport 2 Customization," Halo 3 Announcement, Halo 3 1st TV Commercial, Halo 3 ViDoc "Et Tu, Brute?," "Wireless Accessories," and "Wireless World." It comes with no preloaded music.

[quote name='DeskLaser']So I was getting my new Halo 360 setup (I decided to stick with it and sell my premium), and I had my gamer profile and game saves on a 64 MB memory unit ready to go to transfer to the new hard drive. During the setup, it took my gamer profile that was on the memory unit and redownloaded all of my Xbox Live Arcade games automatically! I definitely was not looking forward to transferring all those over, so definitely a nice little feature.[/quote]

Would you mind sharing your exact procedure? I might be in the same situation in a few days, so a heads-up preview would be great. Thanks!

It was just as simple as it sounds, just make sure to move your gamer profile over to a memory unit before you start the setup on the other console. Then, insert the memory unit in the other console before you turn it on. Then, go through the setup, and eventually it will tell you that gamer profiles already exist on this console (instead of having you go through the whole process to create one or to recover one). After you select your profile, it will say that an update is available over Xbox Live. The download was fairly large, but when it was finished, I had noticed all of my XBLA games were now on the new hard drive. However, it did not download any additional content for those games, you have to transfer those over yourself (Uno decks for example, I had to move those over myself).

Another thing I noticed about the new hardware, which may or may not be of any significance, is while registering the console to use on the campus network, I noticed the first half of the MAC address was slightly different (the half used to identify a manufacturer, etc). So, there may be a new type of NIC inside there.

EDIT: As an update to my postings for tonight, after I actually went to look at those arcade games, they are actually only just the trial versions. They must have been preloaded onto the hard drive. Oh well, just means I'll have to redownload a bunch of them over again. I guess I originally should have taken a closer look and seen that not all of the games I originally had were there. At least for the trial versions that are already on the hard drive all I have to do is select "unlock full game" again, it knows that I owned it before and doesn't charge for it. All I can say is hooray for the download history list in account management, made it very nice to download my TV shows again too.

I was thinking about picking up one of these, but I'm worried that the transfer process will be quite a hassle. For example, is there an actual solution to the DRM issue of having to be signed on to Live to access your downloaded content (without having to call MS)? I'm connected to Live most of the time but do bring my 360 around to where there might not be a connection. I found the following link (about the Elite but should be the same) but don't know how reliable it is:
http://vgstrategies.about.com/od/xbox360faqs/a/Xbox360EliteTra.htm

Also, I have a smaller lcd monitor in my room that I occasionally use. It doesn't have HDMI, will I be able to hook this console up and use surround sound speakers, or will the lack of an optical input be an issue?

[quote name='DeskLaser']
EDIT: Some other fun facts about the hard drive included with the Halo edition 360. It comes preloaded with demos for "Call of Duty 3 St. Lo.," Fuzion Frenzy 2, Lego Star Wars II, Lost Planet Online, and Madden 07 (why they would include a demo for 07 and not 08 is beyond me). Videos that it comes preloaded with are "Accessories," Bringing It Home Halo Wars Trailer, E3 06: Fable 2 Trailer, "Forza Motorsport," "Forza Motorsport 2 Customization," Halo 3 Announcement, Halo 3 1st TV Commercial, Halo 3 ViDoc "Et Tu, Brute?," "Wireless Accessories," and "Wireless World." It comes with no preloaded music.[/quote]

The 360 Elite has the same stuff already pre-loaded on the HD.

[quote name='apokalipze2']Not that anyone is suprised but this console is still loud as fuck[/quote]

Not mine I left mine on for 3 straight hours and when I came home I expected my house to be burnt down but I could barely hear the thing. I also live in Florida and keep my console in a cabinet under my TV so basically there is no ventilation. On a side note though I have left my PS3 on for the last 3 days and it is literally making no noise at all.

Is there that much of a difference between HDMI and component hd. MY mom is getting a 57' dlp(I think. Dont know details yet) and id like to know

[quote name='slickkill77']Is there that much of a difference between HDMI and component hd. MY mom is getting a 57' dlp(I think. Dont know details yet) and id like to know[/QUOTE]

HDMI is a little sharper and you don't have to deal with a 5 pronged cable-- audio and video goes through that one cable. It's also necessary if you are doing 1080p.

If you do decide to get one, no need to spend $30, when you can have one for $4.79: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10240&cs_id=1024004&p_id=2412&seq=1&format=2

unless you are using an optical cable for audio, there's no reason to pay $30 for an hdmi cable-- they're all the same.

Not sure about their HDMI cables, but I'm using a set of component cables from their website for my Wii and it looks fantastic. The cables are pretty much identical, all your paying for is the name on the box/cables when you go with Microsoft, Monster, etc.

What are my options for tranfering data from my old 360 to a new halo edition one? is my only option to buy a elite and use the transfer kit and return it when im done? i called xbox and the kid said keep checking xbox.com... so not helpfull.

You can move (smaller) game data via a MEMORY CARD unit.
If your merely trying to move your achievements and XBL account settings you can do so via the "RECOVER GAMERTAG" option. You will not lose any gamerpoints so don't worry it's a safe route.

Obviously if you want to move loads of data that won't fit on the mem card - then going the route you originally suggested would be your best bet.

Sticking the old HDD onto the new (green) xbox 360 will obviously look like butt - so don't go that route unless you don't care. :)

My guess is Microsoft will put out an option to order a transfer kit with software specifically for transferring between two 20 gig hard drives, and put up a request form similar to what they have for the elite.

The memory card wont work on the arcade games and thats my biggest concern. I have a feeling that the elite transfer kit wont work either since its probably desgined for the elite to 20gb not 20 to 20 like stated above. I am just suprised there arent more people with this issue.

Is it true that the XBOX 360 HALO3 Edition COnsole is packed with the new FALCON CHIP...???

said to reduce RROD...and the system is quiter...

I read on some reviews on AMAZON..and somewhere else...GAMESPOT i think..that they are equipped with these babies...

I might be one of the many that will buy an xbox 360 coz of HALO3 but ...im LOOKING FORWARD to FIFA 08..as they say..EA SPORTS Games get better framerates on XBOXes...

[quote name='captain0ats']Is it true that the XBOX 360 HALO3 Edition COnsole is packed with the new FALCON CHIP...???

said to reduce RROD...and the system is quiter...

I read on some reviews on AMAZON..and somewhere else...GAMESPOT i think..that they are equipped with these babies...

I might be one of the many that will buy an xbox 360 coz of HALO3 but ...im LOOKING FORWARD to FIFA 08..as they say..EA SPORTS Games get better framerates on XBOXes...[/quote] no, its not true, the HALO 3 Limited 360 does not come w/ 65nm.

the 65nms should be hitting the U.S. a week or 2 into Oct of Dean Takahashi is right.

the HALO 3 editions do have a new type of heatsink w/ heatpipes though. so it should be more safe from the RRoD than older 360s. the drive is also quieter.

and yes EA has said publicly that they are focusing on the 360. so all EA games should run better on the 360

Halo 3 Console bundle is at Costco now

$499
includes

Halo 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360
Halo 3 Collectors Edition
Halo 3 Tod [SIZE=-1]McFarlane[/SIZE] Limited Edition Spartan wireless controller & figurine
Halo 3 official Prima Guide (note: doesnt list this on site, but it is included)

oh yea. and costco's lifetime replacement warranty (which doesnt expire after using it once like the ones you have to PAY for at BB)
:hot:

my local one also had tons of standard editions for $50 a pop.

[quote name='propeller_head']no, its not true, the HALO 3 Limited 360 does not come w/ 65nm.

the 65nms should be hitting the U.S. a week or 2 into Oct of Dean Takahashi is right.

the HALO 3 editions do have a new type of heatsink w/ heatpipes though. so it should be more safe from the RRoD than older 360s. the drive is also quieter.

and yes EA has said publicly that they are focusing on the 360. so all EA games should run better on the 360[/QUOTE]
kinda shady......

man and i was about to buy myself a halo3 xbox thinking that it has the new chip and all..

are you sure its not yet out..and on the halo3 one...?

ahaha Im just finding reasons to get an xbox now.. :))

ZomGZZZ NO WAIII!I!I!I!II!I!I!I!I!II!I!I!i!I!I!I!I!II!I!poop!!!!1111one!!1111!1!!

Ittt DDOoo0000oo0oooooooooooooooo OHHH LAWDDDIIIEIEIEIEIEIEIEIIEIEEII IMMA SHAKIN

[quote name='propeller_head']

and yes EA has said publicly that they are focusing on the 360. so all EA games should run better on the 360[/quote]

Sorry to get off-topic but I had to respond to this.

Actually on a recent Game Head, Peter Moore said starting with next seasons games they will be equal. I don't remember the exact quote but Geoff keighley was teasing him about MS and if he had any favortism.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']The memory card wont work on the arcade games and thats my biggest concern. I have a feeling that the elite transfer kit wont work either since its probably desgined for the elite to 20gb not 20 to 20 like stated above. I am just suprised there arent more people with this issue.[/quote]I'm in the same boat as well, not sure how I'm going to handle it. Not having the Halo edition HD on the Halo 360 looks weird; not to mention a white wireless adapter as well.:bomb:

[quote name='Ma12kez']I'm in the same boat as well, not sure how I'm going to handle it. Not having the Halo edition HD on the Halo 360 looks weird; not to mention a white wireless adapter as well.:bomb:[/quote]

When I got my halo xbox I was able to put all of my games onto my memory card the 512mb one, not sure what you guys are saying wont work. Outside of having to be connected to xbox live what doesnt work ?

I picked up a 512MB MU. Between the MU and the 'download history', it was quite easy and fast to get what I needed onto my new Halo box.

The white wireless adapter is no bigger. I do wish there was a black chatpad, the white doesn't look so hot on the Halo themed controllers.

bread's done
Back