Halo ending(spoilers)

ayolykewhoa

CAGiversary!
I beat Halo a couple of years ago and I heard there was an alternate ending for Legendary difficulty. I recently beat Legendary(actually just Maw) and my memory is kinda fuzzy. I didn't really see any differences between the endings except the covanent and commander hugging before the explosion. Was that the only difference?

the only difference is a short scene where sgt. johnson and an elite throw down their weapons and hug, outside of the pillar of autumn, before its reactors blow. It's just a little joke cutscene, not real story.

I thought it was pretty funny. Especially since any continuity the scene held was pretty pretty much broken in Halo 2 with by the fact that he's still alive.

[quote name='CokeCola']I thought it was pretty funny. Especially since any continuity the scene held was pretty pretty much broken in Halo 2 with by the fact that he's still alive.[/quote]

Also, remember that Sgt. Johnson was with the recon group of Marines when they first discovered the Flood and got ambushed. Halo 2 just acts like he was never hurt, but the 3rd book puts more stress on how amazing it is he's still alive. In fact, in the book, Master Chief almost kills him in disbelief that he isn't dead or a Flood form.

bread's done
Back