Halo ODST @ BB - $59.99 w/RZ GGC $10 GC coupon and $20 TRU PM gift card - YMMV

JPCERTIFIED

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Went to Best Buy with a Toyrus ad and the $10 coupon from Best Buys gamer club. They match toyrus $20 gift card plus took the coupon to get another $10. Walk out with the game and $30 in gift cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Snake Eater']so BB would price match the TRU, meaning ODST would $40, then if you buy the 1 year gold membership it would be $40 ($10 off deal this week), then you could return ODST and get $40 back.

would this work?[/QUOTE]

You are a dirty, frauding little scammer. Every question you've asked has involved fraud. People like you are why the stores are so vigilant with all this stuff and why they ensure that the money taken off is taken off of the product that you would return that way you can't pull your stunts.

[quote name='token2k6']Just talked to 'Harriet' at BB corporate, who talked to a supervisor about PMing gift card deals. and the official word was that it's up to that individual store and the MOD. She was really nice and apologetic and recommended trying another store...[/QUOTE]

That's kind of a BS answer. It's either policy or it's not. I mean if problems arise with customers, returns, whatever, then yeah I totally understand that it's up to the manager. But if it's stated clearly and is regarded as "policy", and I don't think you read it wrong as that's what I got from it, I don't understand the problem.

Anyway, at this point the game is 46$ on amazon with an eca code and while the 5$ credit back isn't working anymore, the 10$ still is last time I checked with free shipping, no tax(well, depending), you just have to wait a week.

Question: If you order ODST through the TRU web site, would you also receive the gift card in addition to the Halo figure or would you need to visit the store to get them all?

I am going to try and price match and do some magic with the preorder glitch. Maybe I can convince them to take off the value of the action figure too :lol:

Second swing and a miss at BB off of I-10. I was optimistic at first as I had all my references w/ me (a print out of there PM policy, name of corporate rep, etc.) Two girls were again very adamant about never price-matching GC deals. I pointed to the part (the second one I posted on here) and said thtat there should be no problem w/ this as long as TRU's deal was good all week and not just for one day. Then the lady said that their large 'board' of policies hanging on the wall supercedes anything I could have printed off the internet b/c the just put those new policies up last week (yeah right) she pointed to a part that said PM wouldn't be honored if matching "free items" I said, this isn't a free item b/c there is a value associated with it! She said the best she could do was knock off $10 b/c they did indeed have a coupon for that. But I didn't take it...

God, this is so frustrating! I'm giving up and waiting for retail to hit $40. I give props to TRU for doing these gift card deals as they have made it nearly impossible for most places to PM b/c of this...

I don't know how they can get away with not honoring their own policy about gift cards, that's flat out false advertising. If I was denied I'd probably report them to the BBB. The only thing is the wording is somewhat vague in that is says the combined value of the product AND best buy gift card compared with the competitors', maybe some how the intent is to price match only if best buy also includes a gift card normally with the product. That's a stretch though in my opinion, seems like a pretty clear policy. I encountered a alot of resistance from a manager with a scribllenauts pm, but eventually got it.

[quote name='caltab']I don't know how they can get away with not honoring their own policy about gift cards, that's flat out false advertising. If I was denied I'd probably report them to the BBB. The only thing is the wording is somewhat vague in that is says the combined value of the product AND best buy gift card compared with the competitors', maybe some how the intent is to price match only if best buy also includes a gift card normally with the product. That's a stretch though in my opinion, seems like a pretty clear policy. I encountered a alot of resistance from a manager with a scribllenauts pm, but eventually got it.[/QUOTE]

When I worked at TRU the website was different than the store. Even if the website said one thing the store didn't have to honor it due to them treating the website as another store completely. Maybe Best Buy is the same way, B&M has one policy, website has another.

[quote name='life.exe']When I worked at TRU the website was different than the store. Even if the website said one thing the store didn't have to honor it due to them treating the website as another store completely. Maybe Best Buy is the same way, B&M has one policy, website has another.[/QUOTE]

What your saying is true that websites can have different policies than their B and M counterpart, however this policy is explicitly stated to be their in store one, they have a separate one for online. This is them just flat out denying their own advertised in store policy regarding gift cards.

This has really turned into a "Tips on Getting BB to PM TRU Deal by Forcing Them to Follow Their Own Policies" thread.

What makes it so ridiculous is that they have a $10 GC with purchase! You're just asking them to give you $10 more like TRU is.

Somewhat related, I found the fact that gift cards could not be returned at TRU to be suspect, since it wasn't posted anywhere: in-store, or online. Corporate confirmed it to be the case, though. So, if you wind up buying at TRU, and change your mind about the game; make sure you're comfortable keeping that $20 in store credit, and not your cash.

[quote name='Snake Eater']how is it fraud? more like a loophole

and I was just curious about this whole matter as I really don't want to pay $50 for XBL gold and do not want have to pay for ODST in order to save money on the membership[/QUOTE]

You are kidding right? It is called return fraud.

Read Me

Activities classified under Return Fraud:

# An activity that causes a derogatory effect to a company’s physical inventory, revenues and profits by way of capitalizing on various operational deficiencies and loopholes.

[quote name='nosferatu51']You are a dirty, frauding little scammer. Every question you've asked has involved fraud. People like you are why the stores are so vigilant with all this stuff and why they ensure that the money taken off is taken off of the product that you would return that way you can't pull your stunts.[/QUOTE]

It is a reason why companies change their return policies often.

Thanks for all the info, got the game for 39.99 plus tax and got the $10 card at the Elizabethtown, KY BB, brought in the PM policy, the cashier asked the manager and they rung it up(personally, the discount is better than the 20 card, it's like a 20 card to anywhere, lol)

[quote name='caltab']I don't know how they can get away with not honoring their own policy about gift cards, that's flat out false advertising. If I was denied I'd probably report them to the BBB. The only thing is the wording is somewhat vague in that is says the combined value of the product AND best buy gift card compared with the competitors', maybe some how the intent is to price match only if best buy also includes a gift card normally with the product. That's a stretch though in my opinion, seems like a pretty clear policy. I encountered a alot of resistance from a manager with a scribllenauts pm, but eventually got it.[/QUOTE]

After reading this I remembered the lawsuit Best Buy is facing about their anti-price match policy here.

Worked for me I got them to PM TRU with the $20 gc and then went back the next day to customer services and told them they never honored my reward zone gamers club coupon for the $10 gc, so they gave it to me without hesitation.

Picked up Halo ODST at BB and got the $20 gift card. Had $30 in reward zone certificates, preordered modern warfare 2 for $5, picked up Halo 3 and GOW 2, used the $20 gift card, the reward zone certificates and the $10 preorder discount and walked out with all three games for $68.

[quote name='Demontooth']Picked up Halo ODST at BB and got the $20 gift card. Had $30 in reward zone certificates, preordered modern warfare 2 for $5, picked up Halo 3 and GOW 2, used the $20 gift card, the reward zone certificates and the $10 preorder discount and walked out with all three games for $68.[/QUOTE]

You sir, are indeed the cheapest of them all. Nice haul ;)

[quote name='Snake Eater']so BB would price match the TRU, meaning ODST would $40, then if you buy the 1 year gold membership it would be $40 ($10 off deal this week), then you could return ODST and get $40 back.

would this work?[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just run in the store and steal it?
fucking dipshit.

Why haven't you been banned yet?!

[quote name='unopepito06']

Why don't you just run in the store and steal it?
fucking dipshit.

Why haven't you been banned yet?![/QUOTE]

Besides your choice of words, I agree completely. How can you all pull these kinds of full-blown plans to STEAL like the one that was commented above, then have a healthy conscience to complain when Best Buy decides to change a price-matching policy or decides to offer mediocre game deals because of the burn from before with these kinds of plans?

Well just tried it at Hamburg, NY Best Buy. Brought in copy of the add and a copy of their price matching policies. The girl at customer service was confused and first told me she couldnt do it. I pulled out the website policy on price match . She called one manager who called another manager 15 mins later i got it for 39.99 plus 20 dollar gift card. I didnt want to push my luck by asking for the 10 dollar gift car for being a reard zone gamer member. i came home called up Rewardzone told them i forgot my coupon and couldn't make it back to best buy. After a few mins she credited my account with 500 points said it would be their in 7-10 days so their is my 10 dollars SWEET

bread's done
Back