Halo Reach $44.97 @Frys (No Gift Card)

Nice, price showed after clicking red box. I wonder if the stores will have it for that price. Ad today said Halo Reach price was low. :D

[quote name='rayne117']Got the same price at Newegg a few weeks back :D[/QUOTE]

I got the same at Micro Center as well. Ain't life grand?! :D

Thanks for the info, man! I gots peoples that can use this, knowwhatI'msayin'?!

Awesome. Anyone knows if they'll give out the day-1 Recon code as well? Or is that a GS/Walmart only thing?

[quote name='n1c0']Awesome. Anyone knows if they'll give out the day-1 Recon code as well? Or is that a GS/Walmart only thing?[/QUOTE]

I know that the Plano store in TX has about 150 for the initial shipment which are the day-1 code. All shipments after that are normal ones without codes.

[quote name='etcrane']Hmm, so I wonder what happens if you buy the game at BB and then go back and PM Frys ...[/QUOTE]

hmm...thats a good idea lol

Went to frys this morning. They were selling halo reach for 45 bucks. If anyone is in need of xbox live 1 year membership, they are selling those for 30 dollars with purchase of Reach. :applause:

From the main Reach deals thread:

[quote name='jebnaut']I price-matched Fry's at Best Buy for $44.97 and they gave me the $20 gift card without any trouble.[/QUOTE]

Yeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh.

When you price matched, did they just give you the gc too or did you have to ask for it after they dropped the price? Also, if you used a print out from the Frys website, how did you get around the bright red "In Store Pickup Not Available"? Did you go through the whole process up until the actual checkout?

She looked at the print out and didn't say a word about it. I didn't even ask for the gift card -- she just rang it up automatically. There were tons of display copies of Reach in a shopping basket next to the register, so you could tell she had been doing it all day. I went in around 7:30 and picked it up.

I don't know! It was a lucky thing, I guess.

I just came from BB and they knew about the $45 fry's price. The BB person said they would price match OR give me the $20 gift card but would NOT do both. End of discussion... I bailed. I guess I am REALLY cheap.

I was told the same thing at BB ... BUT ... they told me to go up and show the cashier my phone, rather than doing the transaction at the customer service counter. So the cashier adjusts the price, gets manager approval, and then after the manager leaves he totals out the transaction and the window pops up with the giftcard automatically. So he scans a gc and throws it in the bag ...

So yeah, worth a shot because the GC automatically applies ... you just need someone who isn't a manager to ring it up and get a manager's approval for the lower price ... don't mention the gc and see what happens ;)

Hello fellow CAGs so what is and how does this price matching thing work? I never knew Best Buy can do that so how do I go about doing it?

Tried to price match at Hollwood best buy. Guy at the counter said it should be fine when I showed him the frys site on my phone but...

It took like 10 minutes for them to bring the game up and then when he called over the manager to do the price match override he said he had to call and check the availability.

5 minutes after that he said that the nearest Frys was sold out.

5 minutes after that came back and said that manhattan beach frys had "limited quantities" so he said he could not give it to me at that price even after waiting 20 minutes for all this to happen. I was so annoyed I walked out without it. I'll just wait until they get more at Fry's.

My frys was sold out in san diego, so my best buy would not price match.

However, next door was a wal mart, and they have a promo, buy halo reach and get a 20$ gift card.

I went back to best buy and they took 20$ off my total. woot.

Fry's in burbank was still sold out today but I got a raincheck, which I took to burbank best buy, who immediately price matched it.

Repost from official Fry's thread -

The Plano Fry's ran out of copies of Reach really quickly on Friday/Saturday, but I went in there last night and they had restocked. Ton of copies on the shelves.

Fry's in Arlington Texas had them yesterday. I snagged one and it had the code in it. I was happy, and having never played a Halo game before, I think I like it.

[quote name='aznb182']I know that the Plano store in TX has about 150 for the initial shipment which are the day-1 code. All shipments after that are normal ones without codes.[/QUOTE]

So there's no way to tell if my copy has the code without actually opening it up, right? I'm assuming since they were sold out before but had restocked when I got mine it probably doesn't have the code, but it would be nice to have a way to check.

If you're talking about the armor code, there should be a little picture on the front covering indicating it contains the card ... I have yet to see a case w/o this

bread's done
Back