Halo: Reach $44.99 Pre-order, Free shipping + Tax (for some) @Newegg

[quote name='41down']do you guys think its release date shipping?[/QUOTE]

The free shipping is UPS 3-day so I wouldn't expect it before Thursday the 16th. I doubt they would ship before the 13th.

at this price it's really tempting but I want to get the limited edition of this game so bad though... I'll just maybe get the Halo reach limited edition from gamestop just because I have bunch of gamestop gift cards and that it comes with a 20 dollar coupon

[quote name='RiCE']at this price it's really tempting but I want to get the limited edition of this game so bad though... I'll just maybe get the Halo reach limited edition from gamestop just because I have bunch of gamestop gift cards and that it comes with a 20 dollar coupon[/QUOTE]
What I'm doing is getting this if the preorder isn't charged immediately, enjoying the hell out of it for a year or so. And then getting the $150 when it's on sale.

Look at the Halo 3 version with the helmet. It's $60 now.

Thanks it's been sitting at $50 for awhile now glad they dropped it back down to $45. I guess I'll email Amazon CS though and try to get a discount on that order first. If I can't I'll just cancel and get it from Newegg.

Does anyone know if newegg charges you right away when you preorder or do they do like amazon and only charge you when it ships?

[quote name='skubish']Cmon this is asked all the time. They don't charge until it ships.[/QUOTE]
If it's asked all the time you'd think Newegg would throw it somewhere easily found on their website. :roll:

[quote name='skubish']Cmon this is asked all the time. They don't charge until it ships.[/QUOTE]
Sorry man, even though I've ordered shitloads of stuff from newegg, I never preordered anything from them before, nor have I read any threads about newegg preorders. Thanks for the info and I truly hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. Big thanks to the OP as well.

the quesiton is...do I buy this one and save ten dollar immediately. or do I buy the amazon one and save 20 dollars on another game later...

[quote name='thefamousmoe']the quesiton is...do I buy this one and save ten dollar immediately. or do I buy the amazon one and save 20 dollars on another game later...[/QUOTE]
Ah, but you save $15 immediately instead! I was going through the same process as to where I should buy, but I'll be using my Amazon credit for this game so the choice was easily made.

Do I have to call or email to cancel a pre-order from newegg? I ordered Halo Reach last night and cant find the order at all on their site.

I searched my account and also used the order # I was given and nothing is showing up.

Edit: Im an idiot. Answered below.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']Do I have to call or email to cancel a pre-order from newegg? I ordered Halo Reach last night and cant find the order at all on their site.

I searched my account and also used the order # I was given and nothing is showing up.

This just reminds me why I shop at Amazon...

Edit: It's pretty obvious I'll have to email or call one way or another. My real question is, is this how newegg normally operates or is it abnormal for it to not show up at all?[/QUOTE]

Okay, here is how you cancel it. Your order will not show up under Order Status, you have to log in and go to "My Account" and on this page on the left hand side you will see Pre-order/ Back order Status. If you click that your order will show "on hold" if you click the order # you can hit cancel order, and you're all set! Newegg customer service is also really good if you have any problems just chat them up on their Live Chat. Also thanks everyone for the positive replys!

[quote name='monkeyz']Okay, here is how you cancel it. Your order will not show up under Order Status, you have to log in and go to "My Account" and on this page on the left hand side you will see Pre-order/ Back order Status. If you click that your order will show "on hold" if you click the order # you can hit cancel order, and you're all set! Newegg customer service is also really good if you have any problems just chat them up on their Live Chat. Also thanks everyone for the positive replys![/QUOTE]

Sigh, I feel like an idiot. How did I not see that. Thanks :)

[quote name='nflsonic']Ah, but you save $15 immediately instead! I was going through the same process as to where I should buy, but I'll be using my Amazon credit for this game so the choice was easily made.[/QUOTE]
same guy from spurstalk? :hot:

[quote name='thefamousmoe']the quesiton is...do I buy this one and save ten dollar immediately. or do I buy the amazon one and save 20 dollars on another game later...[/QUOTE]

Newegg for me since Amazon charges tax and brought the price up to about $65.

Don't forget guys, you can tell Amazon about a lower price on the item page. Maybe if enough of us do it they will lower the price; I wouldn't expect $45 because they offer the credit, but anything is better than the full retail price

[quote name='lolwut?']Don't forget guys, you can tell Amazon about a lower price on the item page. Maybe if enough of us do it they will lower the price; I wouldn't expect $45 because they offer the credit, but anything is better than the full retail price[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm hoping for, I'm trading in 2 games to Amazon for a total of $52 and some change Amazon GC which I planned to use for Reach, I'd love to pay $45 for it still.

How do we "request" a price match or bring this to their attention?

[quote name='hustletron']How do we "request" a price match or bring this to their attention?[/QUOTE]

Right below the product details on the page, there is a line of text saying: " Would you like to update product info, give feedback on images, or tell us about a lower price?"

Hopefully if enough people bring it to their attention they will drop the price down a bit. Like I said, I'm not expecting them to go to $45 (if they do, I will buy it for sure), but if they drop it to $55 or so I'll be happy.

[quote name='lolwut?']Right below the product details on the page, there is a line of text saying: " Would you like to update product info, give feedback on images, or tell us about a lower price?"

Hopefully if enough people bring it to their attention they will drop the price down a bit. Like I said, I'm not expecting them to go to $45 (if they do, I will buy it for sure), but if they drop it to $55 or so I'll be happy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm on it!

Everyone should let Amazon know!

Last edited by a moderator:
Both New Egg and Amazon are no tax for me, but New Egg is 3 day shipping...and Amazon is typically...more!

I think I'll go with New Egg this time.

[quote name='bigwightdog']Both New Egg and Amazon are no tax for me, but New Egg is 3 day shipping...and Amazon is typically...more!

I think I'll go with New Egg this time.[/QUOTE]

Amazon usually takes longer for you? Where do you live? For most parts of the United States, they have free release-date delivery. Or did I misunderstand you?

Please correct the spacing. I know its silly but the CAG search bar wont find this thread if i were to spell it "Halo: Reach" It doesnt detect the difference in spaces

[quote name='bigwightdog']Both New Egg and Amazon are no tax for me, but New Egg is 3 day shipping...and Amazon is typically...more!

I think I'll go with New Egg this time.[/QUOTE]

The newegg UPS 3-Day shipping is amazing. It's only 3 days if you're insanely far from one of their warehouses. Most things I order through them ship from their CA warehouse and gets to me next day when I choose the UPS 3-Day.

I live in NY and Amazon charges taxes for me so if I would go for Amazon, I pay 65 and get the 20 dollar credit while at Newegg, no tax, free shipping (better shipping mind you than Amazon's free dreadful shipping) and I only pay 45 straight up cash. I rather pay up and not receive 20 back with an expiration date on it and debating what will be my next game be.

[quote name='imjpwutup']Please correct the spacing. I know its silly but the CAG search bar wont find this thread if i were to spell it "Halo: Reach" It doesnt detect the difference in spaces[/QUOTE]

Yeah no problem. That is really strange, fixed. Thanks!

[quote name='nflsonic']Ah, but you save $15 immediately instead! I was going through the same process as to where I should buy, but I'll be using my Amazon credit for this game so the choice was easily made.[/QUOTE]
I was almost tempted by this.

Then I realized I'm already going to have a $20 gift card that I can use on Halo Reach from Amazon and get it for $40 at least and get another $20 gift card from that.

Decision easily made.

im still debating on this or walmarts deal. I can get it on walmart for basicly 43$ total with day 1 shipping i believe. counting the 20$ gift card tho

I just hope enough people bring it to Amazon's attention that newegg has an amazing deal and Amazon lower's their price slightly.

The Amazon credit is a better deal for me at least... Once you get it started it's basically just a bunch of games at $40, order a new one once one is shipped.
(With free prime includes release date)

Uh, has anyone else noticed that you can't add this to your cart anymore? Haven't been able to for 24 hours now. Basically newegg seems to be preordered out.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']Amazon usually takes longer for you? Where do you live? For most parts of the United States, they have free release-date delivery. Or did I misunderstand you?[/QUOTE]
I ordered from Newegg for the first time about 3 weeks ago and the free 3 day option shipped as ground from New Jersey and got to me in 1 day since I'm in New York. I tried to use the free super saver shipping from Amazon before I got back prime and they didn't ship it until a week later...... Yes it's free so I'm not complaining but it's painful for those who can't wait for crap. Release date delivery is only free for Prime members and we also get taxed from Amazon :cry:. I know you weren't talking to me but just adding to kirby145's point as a NY resident.

I'm going with Newegg on this one even though I have prime. If Amazon drops Halo by at least $5 then I'll stick with them though. Since I pay tax I'm paying $65 right now on Amazon making the savings on both ends 15. Five bucks off will give Amazon the edge to stick with the credit option. Sooooo..... :whee:

Huh. Release-date delivery has always been free for me. Newegg always has fantastic shipping too, though, so it's really a win-win situation.

It just worked for me. Newegg tends to ship pre-order titles so that they arrive on release day. Some who ordered ODST actually received it before the street date.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']Huh. Release-date delivery has always been free for me. Newegg always has fantastic shipping too, though, so it's really a win-win situation.[/QUOTE]
You have to have Amazon Prime for free Release date or it's about $5-$6 I think. Check your account and click on manage prime to check if you have it. You may have signed up for a trial and it's been auto renewing all this time! O_O Maybe your that rich and you never noticed the $79 a year lol.

[quote name='hustletron']Really?[/QUOTE]
Yes really, some pre order site dont charge you until its available or ships. Anyone know if newegg works like this?

bread's done
Back