Halo Reach, Fable III, $29 each; 12 Mo. XBL - $44.96 at Walmart - Starts Saturday

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I received an email from Walmart that stated the 12 month card would be $29. This price has not gone live.
All offers end 2/26, except the console deal, which ends 3/5. It's definitely going to be online, don't know about in-store.

:360: Xbox 360 Elite with bonus wireless Controller and Forza/Alan Wake $299
:360: Xbox Live 12 Month Gold Card $44.96
:360: Halo Reach $29
:360: Fable III $29

edit: until Cheapy hears back from Walmart concerning the 12 XBL cards, we have to go on the assumption that they sent him erroneous information and that they are 44.96

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the "ship to store" is stupid. I ordered 3 MS point cards when they were $15 and they came in a huge box in clamshells. Walmart would save money if they just picked it off the shelf.

I ordered the 250GB Xbox and I know my store has 1-2 in stock but I have to wait a week now

[quote name='Abeja']Fable 3 was only worth it because of the improved co-op.[/QUOTE]

You're out of your frakkin' mind.

[quote name='headlikeahole']typical for Walmart to jerk us around like were some kinda slaves aboard an African slave ship and there taking us off to be auctioned off to the highest bid to some old rich white guy with a beard and a hearing problem...This is its own kind of racism! Fight back guys dont let Walmart steal your dignity...Im going to the Walmart in San Bernardino right now and complain...F THIS![/QUOTE]

You're out of your frakkin' mind.

[quote name='headlikeahole']typical for Walmart to jerk us around like were some kinda slaves aboard an African slave ship and there taking us off to be auctioned off to the highest bid to some old rich white guy with a beard and a hearing problem...This is its own kind of racism! Fight back guys dont let Walmart steal your dignity...Im going to the Walmart in San Bernardino right now and complain...F THIS![/QUOTE]

Trolling poster is trolling.

[quote name='synnarc']I was just turned down in store as it rang up retail price. They refused to match the online price for me as well. Also, my wife works there :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, Walmart is NOTORIOUS for not "matching" their online prices. They have some policy that "prices online may not reflect price in-store". We had it happen last year when we went to pick up a TV console - $119 on the site, $149 in the store - and NO, they would not match it, "per policy".

That said, a different Walmart B&M had it at $139, and on and on - they don't even match prices across stores.

If we'd ordered it online and picked "Ship to Store," we'd have been fine. Same ridiculous story here.

[quote name='headlikeahole']typical for Walmart to jerk us around like were some kinda slaves aboard an African slave ship and there taking us off to be auctioned off to the highest bid to some old rich white guy with a beard and a hearing problem...This is its own kind of racism! Fight back guys dont let Walmart steal your dignity...Im going to the Walmart in San Bernardino right now and complain...F THIS![/QUOTE]I seriously hope that this is a troll or joke. Some of you people so worked up over some of these deals it's ridiculous.

I waited til 1 this morning still no deal on live. Got up at 6 this morning to check it before work and was so disappointed to see it at $44.99. Oh well, guess if it sounds to good to be true then it usually is.

[quote name='Kagath']I seriously hope that this is a troll or joke. Some of you people so worked up over some of these deals it's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

He's from San Bernandino. It's the norm :whistle2:$

[quote name='synnarc']I was just turned down in store as it rang up retail price. They refused to match the online price for me as well. Also, my wife works there :([/QUOTE]

Thanks man.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I hope this is in store.. Is Fable 3 worth $29?[/QUOTE]

If you like game-killing glitches, Fable III is definitely worth throwing your $29 away on.

So since the stores don't have the same deal, how do I go about getting Best Buy to pricematch when I go in there?

I've never price matched anything before lol

[quote name='kinney_bmx']So since the stores don't have the same deal, how do I go about getting Best Buy to pricematch when I go in there?

I've never price matched anything before lol[/QUOTE]

Try bringing in a printout of the Walmart.com 12mo XBL page and see if they'll do it (I was able to pricematch with a printout of an ad before). It's pretty YMMV depending on how helpful the CS rep is feeling. You may also want to bring the phone number for the local Walmart.

Thinking about just doing the site to store thing because I don't feel like going through the hassle of getting BB to price match.

SO here the question. I rented it from gamefly awhile ago and got to the part where you're on the ship in space, and never got around to finishing it

Is it worth $30?

[quote name='elguluso']I guess if xbox live goes that low i might get it, but I doubt it, Im a Playstation plus man now[/QUOTE]

You really paid for that?

I'm good for another year with XBL, but at $30 I'd be dumb not to grab one or two. Here's hoping it turns out that way.

[quote name='jaredstorm']I want this $30 for 12 month Gold to happen!

My shiz just expired yesterday. :([/QUOTE]
Aww damn that sucks, mine expires in 2 months so a $29 xbl 12 month would be awesome.

[quote name='TMStar']I guess it's not getting any cheaper, and it's better than 60$.[/QUOTE]

There are 40 deals 2 or 3 weeks apart. I've seen it on buy, amazon, best buy and i forget where else for that (or lower - i think tiger direct, after you jumped through some hoops, had it lower). worth waiting imo

can anyone else report on Halo Reach and Fable 3's in-store price? There were a few here and there in this thread and I think everyone said they rang up at full price

[quote name='gryphter']can anyone else report on Halo Reach and Fable 3's in-store price? There were a few here and there in this thread and I think everyone said they rang up at full price[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for every where, but at my local store (Central Illinois) both games are still priced in store at $59.96. And to top that off, they will NOT honor online prices.

So I ordered fable 3 and halo reach and had it shipped to the store... My CC was charged and I got a confirmation and order date and everything. On the last day it was supposed to arrive they said it's delayed, day after the last day I get a cancellation and refund because of they were "LOST IN SHIPPING"..... WTF! Now the price is up to $39.96.. they basically screwed me.

bread's done
Back