Halo Reach LE Guide 22.99 at Amazon

Mine won't be shipping until the 20th, but for those of that preordered a while back the guide will only cost us $18.89 as that was the lowest it went.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Mine won't be shipping until the 20th, but for those of that preordered a while back the guide will only cost us $18.89 as that was the lowest it went.[/QUOTE]

I jumped on that price and bought 2 :D

for what its worth I just ordered one today from barnes and noble and it already shipped..

could have it by the end of the week..

Kevin

eh, picked one up, thanks OP! Really enjoying the game, so might as well..plus if you don't get lucky on those LE guides for a penny, 46% off is as cheap as it gets..

Awesome. I had one of these reserved. But when i went to gamestop for the midnight launch the one they were giving me was in meh condition beleive it or not. That's what i get for getting there at 11:45 and not 9:00 like some people :(.

Gonna bite on this one. Thank you OP

how are you guys talking about different characters on the cover? for both guides (soft and hard) i've only seen the typical cover variations..Amazon description doesn't say anything about different characters..

[quote name='token2k6']how are you guys talking about different characters on the cover? for both guides (soft and hard) i've only seen the typical cover variations..Amazon description doesn't say anything about different characters..[/QUOTE]

That's because the characters are under the book's slip cover which is all you see on Amazon. It's one of each of the Noble Six. I got Kat myself (who's my favorite character!).

The book is VERY nice I must say. It's thick and full of info about multiplayer. Though I'm a little disappointed that for finding the hidden datapads it gives you hints but heck, that's better than nothing considering how hard it is.

ahh thanks FurryCurry! never imagined it had a slip cover, just briefly picked it up and looked at it at BB. I guess I'm cool with whoever I get, but jeez, I wonder if hardcore collectors would try to get all 5 (or 6) covers!!

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Can you figure out what cover you are getting without opening the guide[/QUOTE]

Oops I don't mean SLIPCOVER but just the glossy paper typically found covering hard covered books.

And no. Only way you could do this is to look for open copies at a store as you do receive it shrink wrapped in the mail.

anyone know what ethnicity Kat is?..I cannot place that accent for the life of me. Do you all want her b/c she is the only chick??

[quote name='token2k6']anyone know what ethnicity Kat is?..I cannot place that accent for the life of me. Do you all want her b/c she is the only chick??[/QUOTE]

Kat and the Sniper (Jun?) sound Russian to me.

[quote name='token2k6']anyone know what ethnicity Kat is?..I cannot place that accent for the life of me. Do you all want her b/c she is the only chick??[/QUOTE]
The voice actress (Alona Tal) is Israeli

No I only want her because she is the only chick with a cybernetic arm.

So I am willing to trade Jun for Kat if anyone want to trade.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Oops I don't mean SLIPCOVER but just the glossy paper typically found covering hard covered books.

And no. Only way you could do this is to look for open copies at a store as you do receive it shrink wrapped in the mail.[/QUOTE]

That would be a dust jacket. :)

I'm ordering one and am looking for Emile, Carter or Noble 6.....I'd be up for a trade if I get another.

Any reviews or impressions for this one? Particularly the multiplayer portion, I'm usually not one to buy strategy guides but I would sure love to boost my mulltiplayer mediocority skills.

[quote name='Despacio']Any reviews or impressions for this one? Particularly the multiplayer portion, I'm usually not one to buy strategy guides but I would sure love to boost my mulltiplayer mediocority skills.[/QUOTE]

I dont think a guide will help you with that. Best advice is to stick with your team. A newb lone wolf will die fast. Aim for the head too.

damn, just got the book hand delivered to me this morning from ordering Friday. Got the Emile cover variant. Man, i'm going to have to find a nice place for that dust jacket so it doesn't get all messed up with finger prints while I flip thru it.

I will say there was a bit of condensation built up underneath the outer layer of the shrink wrap, clinging to the cover. Definitely from shipping and temp changes. It looked alright, no real damage, just throwing it out there b/c if you don't plan on opening it, it may stay that way forever. I didn't see any guides at BB with this problem..

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kylerg']What is the Joker variant?[/QUOTE]

cover variant, isn't that the guy's name with the skull painted over his helmet (edit: like you're avatar)? haha, IDK! I'm semi into the story line, but that game is kicking awesome ass, it's really fun to go for the achievements.

edit: yeah, I'm really retarded, there isn't anyone named Joker, guess it was real late at night and some how my brain just established the fact when I first saw the character.

[quote name='token2k6']cover variant, isn't that the guy's name with the skull painted over his helmet (edit: like you're avatar)? haha, IDK! I'm semi into the story line, but that game is kicking awesome ass, it's really fun to go for the achievements.[/QUOTE]

No that is Emile.

I can quite easily tell which version is underneath the dust jacket when looking at the stack at Best Buy. Look at the 5 different covers on the back and compare them to the very top of the book's front hardcover peeking out from underneath the dust jacket. If you're really desperate, buy the one you want at Best Buy and return the unopened copy you got from Amazon to Best Buy with your receipt.

[quote name='gordojones88']I can quite easily tell which version is underneath the dust jacket when looking at the stack at Best Buy. Look at the 5 different covers on the back and compare them to the very top of the book's front hardcover peeking out from underneath the dust jacket. If you're really desperate, buy the one you want at Best Buy and return the unopened copy you got from Amazon to Best Buy with your receipt.[/QUOTE]

This, you can clearly identify based on the color you see and part of the helmet if you look at the pictures provided on the back of the book. I have a Jun I'm selling and an Emile I'm keeping for myself.

ALSO, the guide is now $18.49 on amazon.com!

bread's done
Back