Halo: Reach Legendary Edition 65% off at Best Buy YMMV

fallenjedi

CAGiversary!
I stopped by the Oceanside, CA Best Buy tonight looking for that GT5 Collector's Edition on clearance & unfortunately not having any luck. But they had a stack of the Halo: Reach Legendary Editions with a sign stating 65% off clearance ($52.50). I'm sure this will be YMMV as it rung up normal price and they had to have a manager approve the clearance price. They had maybe 10 copies; most at the stack up front and a few in the x-box aisle. I'm glad I waited! Good luck to those who have also waited!

haloreachlegendaryrecei.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I Saw this at my best buy as well several weeks ago. They had it right after christmas for 50 and now they have it back to 150. I do not have a 360 but if i did that would be a nice deal to get.

Edit: thought it was about halo wars le. Bought this on sale diring black friday and seems like this is a great deal too.

I'm a little confused here. What is the original price? It looks like the reciept states it as $97.49.

65% of $149.99 is $97.49, so that 149.99 - 97.49 = $52.50. The receipt is simply showing you the dollar value of the discount.

[quote name='OwenRocky']I'm a little confused here. What is the original price? It looks like the reciept states it as $97.49.[/QUOTE]
Actually I believe the $97.49 IS the discount from MSRP($149.99).

You guys might wanna try using the 10% off coupon.

Today is the last day and if you have a mellow cashier, that's 5 bucks in your pocket.

First off, I promise that I will never be fooled into purchasing another "limited edition" Halo game at full msrp, ever again. I thought we (all of us who were told that this iteration would truly be limited in production and purchased our copies day one) learned our lesson from Halo 3's so-called "Limited" Legendary Edition, but apparently we had to be reminded, again.

Thanks, Bungie & Microsoft...

PS - I also promise I'm not bitter about this in any way...

[quote name='MaelstromB']First off, I promise that I will never be fooled into purchasing another "limited edition" Halo game at full msrp, ever again. I thought we (all of us who were told that this iteration would truly be limited in production and purchased our copies day one) learned our lesson from Halo 3's so-called "Limited" Legendary Edition, but apparently we had to be reminded, again.

Thanks, Bungie & Microsoft...

PS - I also promise I'm not bitter about this in any way...[/QUOTE]

Atleast you had plenty of time to play with the dolls over the Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks;)

Tempted to drive down to Oceanside, but that would kill the deal. If any CAG spots this type of deal in the OC, then please let me know.

I went to the Allen Park, MI store just now and they had two boxes on the shelf, tagged at $149.99. I asked the clerk if he knew anything about them being on clearance and he didn't. He punched up the web site at a kiosk and the price showed as $79.99. However, the public web site shows full MSRP. He said they could match the $80 price.

Checked Dearborn, MI and got the same result. Looks like the in-store price is $79.99 and they have no idea what's going on in Cali and won't match it, though they said they'd match Amazon's $76.xx price. Hmmm.

went to two best buys today and it was $80 for them, meh there were about 6+ so i will wait a bit, hopefully it will go to $55 :D

looks like it's only available on special clearance @ oceanside. Manager even checked oceanside official price and it was the same.

bread's done
Back