Halo: Reach w/ $20 off coupon and Recon Helmet

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen this posted yet here as I just stumbled across it, so if this is a repost much apologies!

Gamestop is now offering $20 off coupons with all three versions of Halo: Reach, including the preorder Recon helmet. This is especially great if you use one of the many % off or dollar off coupons that keep popping up. I've already had 2 Limited Editions preordered at a final cost $60 each a while back, so this is a great bonus for me to get an extra $40 off future purchases!

Standard: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75976
Limited: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77712
Legendary: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77711

Pretty sure this was posted somewhere already. Amazon also offers $20 game credit and the Recon helmet on all 3 versions as well. Pre-ordered it from Amazon for $60 using previous game credit and with free release date delivery.

[quote name='drumstick']Pretty sure this was posted somewhere already. Amazon also offers $20 game credit and the Recon helmet on all 3 versions as well. Pre-ordered it from Amazon for $60 using previous game credit and with free release date delivery.[/QUOTE]

You're probably right, I just have the worst luck in finding previous threads. But yeah, it pretty much comes down to how much credit you have for Gamestop vs. Amazon and/or what coupons you can find to use on them. It's great to actually see Gamestop competing now, though no one can beat my Legendary edition I'm getting for $60 w/free shipping from Amazon:lol:

[quote name='Sharkey1337']You're probably right, I just have the worst luck in finding previous threads. But yeah, it pretty much comes down to how much credit you have for Gamestop vs. Amazon and/or what coupons you can find to use on them. It's great to actually see Gamestop competing now, though no one can beat my Legendary edition I'm getting for $60 w/free shipping from Amazon:lol:[/QUOTE]
i believe amazon stacks while gamestop doesn't which is unfortunate but from time to time they do stack cuz of glitches (fathers day glitch i got lbp goty and microsoft points for 36$ total (saved 18$ from shipping and fathers day glitch)

[quote name='archerbro74']i believe amazon stacks while gamestop doesn't which is unfortunate but from time to time they do stack cuz of glitches (fathers day glitch i got lbp goty and microsoft points for 36$ total (saved 18$ from shipping and fathers day glitch)[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I'm still hanging onto 2 $10 off coupons as I've been getting better deals with the % off coupons lately. If only Gamestop allowed stacking I'd be able to finally rid myself of them, but alas their marketing ploy has trapped me:bomb:

Actually I've just noticed that Gamestop's Recon helmet variant is different, and better imo, than Amazon's, check it out:

Gamestop
Reach_bonusLG.jpg

Amazon
ref=amb_link_299409822_2

Oh wow, I didn't know Amazon was offering the helmet as well. I've had Reach on pre-order since last September.

[quote name='Neo']So can you do this deal and pick in-store pickup and get it at the midnight launch?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately no, it states "Not valid in stores or for in-store pick up customers" for the coupon.

Thanks, I just went and checked the site again before coming back here to see replies and saw that too. That sucks.

I just ordered the Legendary Edition from Amazon and they've already added the promotional credit to my account. Curious if I'll get one after it ships too (doubt it, but hey, that would be sweet!). :bouncy:

[quote name='drumstick']Pretty sure this was posted somewhere already. Amazon also offers $20 game credit and the Recon helmet on all 3 versions as well. Pre-ordered it from Amazon for $60 using previous game credit and with free release date delivery.[/QUOTE]

How did you get free release date shipping? Are you a prime member? I had the standard edition ordered in march but my release date delivery is $5. :cry:

[quote name='amari']How did you get free release date shipping? Are you a prime member? I had the standard edition ordered in march but my release date delivery is $5. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yeah he must be. Prime member get free Release date delivery

[quote name='joen05']I just ordered the Legendary Edition from Amazon and they've already added the promotional credit to my account. Curious if I'll get one after it ships too (doubt it, but hey, that would be sweet!). :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

you already got the $20?

After the super cheap Halo 3 helmets that have been floating around for 2 years, I think I'll wait that long for Reach. =)

[quote name='judgedee']you already got the $20?[/QUOTE]
It's happened before with Uncharted 2, so I'd be interested to know if they glitched this as well.

Oh thanks!!! I'll use the amazon deal then, better than this IMO

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Actually I've just noticed that Gamestop's Recon helmet variant is different, and better imo, than Amazon's, check it out:

Gamestop
Reach_bonusLG.jpg

Amazon
ref=amb_link_299409822_2
[/QUOTE]

Dude, it's the same helmet. It just has that black visor looking thing up as opposed to the GS version.

[quote name='Jodou']It's happened before with Uncharted 2, so I'd be interested to know if they glitched this as well.[/QUOTE]
What would happen if you use the credit and then cancel the preorder, because I preorder this morning and then the credit is already in my account ready to use.

[quote name='amari']How did you get free release date shipping? Are you a prime member? I had the standard edition ordered in march but my release date delivery is $5. :cry:[/QUOTE]
How long have you had your pre-order for? I'm not a prime member but they upgraded my order to release date shipping for free.

I can't believe that "special helmet" is considered a (good) bonus. For one, it looks so dumb and two, should be included with the game to begin with. Shame on Microsoft/Bungie/whoever came up with this awful idea.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']I can't believe that "special helmet" is considered a (good) bonus. For one, it looks so dumb and two, should be included with the game to begin with. Shame on Microsoft/Bungie/whoever came up with this awful idea.[/QUOTE]

It's an 'incentive' to pre-order it. Most pre-order DLC can be pretty stupid (unless you're selling it), so blame retailers for trying to make it seem like they're giving everyone a good deal.

[quote name='jr1016']What would happen if you use the credit and then cancel the preorder, because I preorder this morning and then the credit is already in my account ready to use.[/QUOTE]
Nothing. You get to keep the credit. I'm going to try ordering one right now and see what happens.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE HAVE A GLITCH!

Ordering the legendary edition of Halo Reach will give you $20 in gaming credit IMMEDIATELY. I just got mine and promptly canceled the order. Credit is good until 1/31/11. GG.

[quote name='Jodou']Nothing. You get to keep the credit. I'm going to try ordering one right now and see what happens.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE HAVE A GLITCH!

Ordering the legendary edition of Halo Reach will give you $20 in gaming credit IMMEDIATELY. I just got mine and promptly canceled the order. Credit is good until 1/31/11. GG.[/QUOTE]

and so it begins...

[quote name='backseatdog']and so it begins...[/QUOTE]
Actually it just ended heh. The thread is in the deals GY if you want to read through 25 pages of hilarity. :)

Scratch that, somebody deleted the thread entirely. Lame.

Not to mention that there is word going around that Amazon is already either subtracting the $20 credit from accounts or canceling orders that applied that credit. Haven't heard what they will do to orders that are already in the shipping process or to those that used them towards MS points.

It was only logical they would do this. After all...$20 GC multiplied by the insane amount of people that jumped in on this...it was bound to happen.

[quote name='Interfeci']It's an 'incentive' to pre-order it. Most pre-order DLC can be pretty stupid (unless you're selling it), so blame retailers for trying to make it seem like they're giving everyone a good deal.[/QUOTE]

I realize this, but the developer/publisher have to supply the 'pre-order incentive' for it to even happen in the first place. It's just dumb.. the fact that people even care what's on top of their spartan's helmet is even dumber. Nobody is going to notice/care and it looks stupid as well.

[quote name='AlohaMars2']After the super cheap Halo 3 helmets that have been floating around for 2 years, I think I'll wait that long for Reach. =)[/QUOTE]

I think your thinking of a wrong helmet.. i wish i could get a real recon helmet...unless your talking about the legendary ed. in general

How many people buying the legendary edition would actually use the recon helmet when it comes with the flaming helmet? :hot:

Whatever the preorder bonus is, I just hope it will sell for like 8 bajillion dollars like all the other lame and useless preorder DLC has been going for lately. These bonuses pay for the games and then some.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Yeah he must be. Prime member get free Release date delivery[/QUOTE]

Yea im a prime member, frogot to mention that.

[quote name='Fjordson']How long have you had your pre-order for? I'm not a prime member but they upgraded my order to release date shipping for free.[/QUOTE]

Thats cool that they did that for free.

I'm about to preorder it with a $10 off coupon because I just traded in a bunch of stuff. Does anyone think there'll be a better deal than this? If I cancel, will I get my $10 off coupon back?

[quote name='dallascowboys']I'm about to preorder it with a $10 off coupon because I just traded in a bunch of stuff. Does anyone think there'll be a better deal than this? If I cancel, will I get my $10 off coupon back?[/QUOTE]
The only thing I see them doing is a free overnight shipping coupon. They've been doing with a lot of big games recently. That's all I'm waiting for at the moment.

[quote name='dallascowboys']I'm about to preorder it with a $10 off coupon because I just traded in a bunch of stuff. Does anyone think there'll be a better deal than this? If I cancel, will I get my $10 off coupon back?[/QUOTE]
@GS? If you cancel, your coupon would be lost. If you contact customer service, they might give you a new coupon but don't count on it though.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Actually I've just noticed that Gamestop's Recon helmet variant is different, and better imo, than Amazon's, check it out:

Gamestop
Reach_bonusLG.jpg

Amazon
ref=amb_link_299409822_2
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yruluis']Dude, it's the same helmet. It just has that black visor looking thing up as opposed to the GS version.[/QUOTE]

Hey guys, I asked urk over at Bungie on another forum, and the Gamestop one is the correct image for both, the Amazon one (which is the original image released) was in error:

[quote name='urk']The helmet variant was modified after the initial shots went out. This is the same offer with the updated look. Early adopters get a sweet Recon helmet variant and you won't have to run to multiple retailers to collect slightly different permutations.[/quote]

[quote name='dallascowboys']FYI, you can use E310 to get free ground shipping! With the $20 credit, this is a pretty sweet deal if you don't have Prime.[/QUOTE]
Dude, thanks so much for that heads up. Got a $45 gift card I was planning on using and was waiting for exactly that (shipping deal code). Thanks again.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']Hey guys, I asked urk over at Bungie on another forum, and the Gamestop one is the correct image for both, the Amazon one (which is the original image released) was in error:[/QUOTE]

yeah i read that somewhere but i cant remember where that they didnt like how the recon helmet looked (the one w/ the horn thing) so they changed it...think it might of been a bungie weekly update...

bread's done
Back