Not open for further replies.

HeSaveDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Halo Reach (Xbox 360)

Submit a price match at Amazon guys.

Enjoy. :applause:

edit: Does anyone know if Walmart matches their own online prices yet? I always thought it was stupid that they didn't. I remember going home after they said they wouldn't match and ordering it site to store costing them the manpower and shipping rather than them just letting me buy the copy that was 2 feet away from the clerk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know about the in-store price match, but I just sent Amazon a request with the Walmart price rollback. Let's see how long it takes Amazon to match!!!!

[quote name='mikwiz']Don't know about the in-store price match, but I just sent Amazon a request with the Walmart price rollback. Let's see how long it takes Amazon to match!!!![/QUOTE]

Cool beans bro! CAGs unite!! :bouncy:

[quote name='HeSaveDave']

edit: Does anyone know if Walmart matches their own online prices yet? I always thought it was stupid that they didn't. I remember going home after they said they wouldn't match and ordering it site to store costing them the manpower and shipping rather than them just letting me buy the copy that was 2 feet away from the clerk.[/QUOTE]

I work at Wal Mart and we never pm our own online prices or items that are cheaper at different Wal Mart stores. The company just won't compete with itself which is stupid imo. I try to pm online prices all the time and they just leer man...

Great game. Has some issues in MP but I enjoyed it better then Halo 3, MP wise.
I'd say easy recommendation at $25 if it wasn't for E3 around the corner, but I think you would get enough value out of it before the Halo remake comes along, if thats the case.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I personally have nothing to gain from this PM, but for the sake of my fellow CAGs, I'll PM too. UNITE![/QUOTE]

I'm in. Nice to know if I ever in need of a PM group, I have one. Do we have to hold up our magic rings or something?

[quote name='theEchness']I'm in. Nice to know if I ever in need of a PM group, I have one. Do we have to hold up our magic rings or something?[/QUOTE]

1244954074822.png

Just buy the damn thing on Wal-Mart and ship it to the store. What is the deal with having to buy everything on amazon? $2 tax? please.

[quote name='oasisboy']Just buy the damn thing on Wal-Mart and ship it to the store. What is the deal with having to buy everything on amazon? $2 tax? please.[/QUOTE]

Credit?
Gas?
Tax?
Wal-Mart the store in general?

[quote name='nddave']1. Credit?
2. Gas?
3. Tax?
4. Wal-Mart the store in general?[/QUOTE]

1. Acceptable reason
2. Take the bus. If you cannot afford gas, then don't buy videogames. I hate that excuse. You must live on every penny if gas is an excuse.
3. $2 for tax? So does that mean that your entire life you will only live in areas with no state tax? God forbid, that your state takes away state tax on your paycheck.
4. Sounds like someone is too good for Wal-Mart. Excuse me your highness. I will go to the ghetto for my cheap games. You have fun at Target with all the MILFs.

[quote name='oasisboy']
4. Sounds like someone is too good for Wal-Mart. Excuse me your highness. I will go to the ghetto for my cheap games. You have fun at Target with all the MILFs.[/QUOTE]

walmart is nasty! hot girls go to target all the time.

[quote name='oasisboy']1. Acceptable reason
2. Take the bus. If you cannot afford gas, then don't buy videogames. I hate that excuse. You must live on every penny if gas is an excuse.
3. $2 for tax? So does that mean that your entire life you will only live in areas with no state tax? God forbid, that your state takes away state tax on your paycheck.
4. Sounds like someone is too good for Wal-Mart. Excuse me your highness. I will go to the ghetto for my cheap games. You have fun at Target with all the MILFs.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like in general you are to worried how people spend THEIR MONEY

Some of us are more FRUGAL than you. Welcome to CAG.

Your obviously way off with the Wal-Mart remark.

You obviously have nothing constructive to add to the topic

[quote name='oasisboy']2. Take the bus. If you cannot afford gas, then don't buy videogames. I hate that excuse. You must live on every penny if gas is an excuse.[/QUOTE]
Yea, we all live in a city and would prefer driving over gaming. Perhaps you need to read the website title again?

Sent in the PM request. I got my copy from Microsoft's Beta Preview Program, but it's good to help when I can.

Cheap gamers on a site called "Cheap Ass Gamer"? Who'da thunk it? It always surprises me when people are shocked at "cheapness" on a site dedicated to cheapness. lul :applause:

Also, Say you buy one game a week. Gas + tax x 52 weeks a year = some number I don't know because I am not good at math. But you get the point.

My reason is actually laziness, though. Walking to the mailbox is far enough.

[quote name='oasisboy']2. Take the bus. If you cannot afford gas, then don't buy videogames. I hate that excuse. You must live on every penny if gas is an excuse.
[/QUOTE]

This point is not valid. A bus ticket also costs money and is only available in cities. Have you seen the price of gas recently? I think someone just wants to argue.

I PM'd the deal. Prime FTW.

[quote name='Flesseck']Thankfully, I got a free copy through Microsoft's Xbox Live beta program. :) Hope others did too.[/QUOTE]

If only it were that easy :( - me, along with a bunch of other Beta testers never received their disc. Epic fail.

Cheap gamers on a site called "Cheap Ass Gamer"? Who'da thunk it? It always surprises me when people are shocked at "cheapness" on a site dedicated to cheapness
But then again... whenever someone posts a "I just found X for really cheap at my local Y" you get about twenty people following up with "I just ran out to the three closest Ys to check this out and none of them had it!." You also gotta question the point of being cheap when so many people here are just adding games to a massive backlog that they will either just end up selling or, by the time they get to playing them, will be even cheaper than the "cheapass price" they got it for.

[quote name='theEchness']I'm in. Nice to know if I ever in need of a PM group, I have one. Do we have to hold up our magic rings or something?[/QUOTE]

Flattered my post was selected out of the collection of comradely based posts, and I wouldn't be opposed to a CAG ring if it was cheap enough, lol. But, it is nice that there's less cutthroatness on deals here, and to the argument above, I think it's mostly because people are loyal Amazon customers/have Gift Cards and/or credit, but I agree with the points that gas is really overpriced right now (I live in suburban New York), tax should be paid, and .97 cent shipping isn't that big of a deal. However, I don't see the harm in spending 15 seconds PMing this to Amazon for the convenience of some on this site.

[quote name='oasisboy']

All CAGers know that Target is the best videogame clearance going for years now.

[quote name='DJ_Tet']All CAGers know that Target is the best videogame clearance going for years now.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the Targets near me have really crappy Clearance, but that might be because it's such a high-traffic area.

[quote name='nddave']1. Sounds like in general you are to worried how people spend THEIR MONEY

2. Some of us are more FRUGAL than you. Welcome to CAG.

3. Your obviously way off with the Wal-Mart remark.

4. You obviously have nothing constructive to add to the topic[/QUOTE]

1. I could care less how people spend their money.

2. $2 for tax and "gas". Damn.

3. Way off? Why would someone not go to Wal-Mart unless they think they are better than the people who shop there.

4. Neither did you. Your response was constructive to the topic in what way?

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Cheap gamers on a site called "Cheap Ass Gamer"? Who'da thunk it? It always surprises me when people are shocked at "cheapness" on a site dedicated to cheapness. lul :applause:

[/QUOTE]

Yet, I have seen topics about "cheap" I-Phone games. Last time I checked monthly service phone charges are over $100 with both AT&T and Verizon.... just saying. If you can afford an Iphone, then...:roll:

For those who are on the fence of getting this game, I would highly recommend to get Halo Reach at such price. Even though I'm not a huge Halo fan, I have found the campaign and multiplayer to be very entertaining :)

Agree with you 100%, but want to add some.
1. Whatever, if you have credit use it.
2. I always can go and go to Walmart for something and can use the trip to pick the game, no extra money for gas, same trip.
3. The tax is even cheaper in my area $1.5, but for me is worth the extra. I prefere to have the game in my hands right away, rather to wait to be lost, stolen or damage on the mail (it does not happens often, but it happens to me). Besides if I have to Ialawys can return it IN Walmart, BUT NOT MAIL IT AND WAIT FOR RETURN AFTER A WHILE
4. Never had problems shopping in Walmart and actualy found great deald in the electronics section localy. By the way you can find almost same quality items in Target and Walmart (just different brands) in close to the same price so why the hateridge?

I pm'd it for everyone that wants it. I have no need for it as I already own it but I'd be more than happy to help the people who have helped me save a buck or two so many times.

I've played all the Halo's but ODST, kind of got burned out after the second one. Is Reach worth the $24.98, just wondering?

To all those Amazon vs Walmart posts. I've used both and i'll take Amazon every time. Why should I go get something when I can have it delivered for free and pay no tax? Screw that Amazon FTW ! :cool:

[quote name='Jabrim']I've played all the Halo's but ODST, kind of got burned out after the second one. Is Reach worth the $24.98, just wondering?[/QUOTE]

Reach IMO is the best in the halo series. A alot more people than just me think so as well. It is a great game. Considering I really don't like the halo series that says something.

[quote name='Jabrim']I've played all the Halo's but ODST, kind of got burned out after the second one. Is Reach worth the $24.98, just wondering?[/QUOTE]

It's more or less of the same. If you're tired of the formula then probably not, pick it up when Gamefly has it for < $15 eventually.

Definitely, the Reach Forge engine alone is incredible. This is what Halo 3 should have been like. I also got burned out of the 2nd one, which did take SOME of the fun out of Reach for me, but, $25 is a no-brainer for this game especially since I don't see it hitting $20 anytime soon, even if the SP campaign is kinda meh in comparison to the other games. (I read the Halo books too, not too many surprises here.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back