Halo Reach: Wheel of Halo Contest - Winners Posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have just had a live podcast with wombat and Shipwreck after the show.
XD @ all the butthurt people who complain that winners are lurkers or new.

Congrats to the winners. This was pretty cool of cheapy do to considering there were no sponsors that I know of. He's paying out of his pocket. I'm sure he makes it up in ads, I think ill start clicking links to make this happen more.

This was pretty fun, I popped my ustream cherry on this. My wife is always on it, and it wouldn't let me register. Telling me too many IPs on it or something. Strange indeed.

congrats to all the winners. Maybe a kickback for those of us who have been on here for 6+ years next time? A good one to do would be Fallout, btw.

[quote name='dtcarson']Congrats to all winners.
And I remain interested in seeing how many - rather, how few - of the brand new lurker winners [they seem to be winning a disproportionate number of contests recently] remain on the site and contribute.[/QUOTE]

Yea this surprises me, that the lurkers are just coming up roses.

All well, thanks for the chance now back to the game

Haha, poor Cheapy. Now that he is broke, that pimp hat is going to come in very handy. :lol:

Congrats to all the winners, that was fun to watch.

Grats to all the winners it was a good time. Cheapy was really starting to sweat with all those console bundle wins.

[quote name='dtcarson']Congrats to all winners.
And I remain interested in seeing how many - rather, how few - of the brand new lurker winners [they seem to be winning a disproportionate number of contests recently] remain on the site and contribute.[/QUOTE]

Just gotta say, unless you can spend hours searching out deals and get it out on the site first vs. being slammed for repeating a deal ratio is pretty slim, which is why I dont really toss out any deal posts. That and full time work/full time school = no time to post on the forums. I think the double/tripple ticket thing for years here is a fair way of going about it.

Bah I will have to continue to suffer from my noisy super old (no HDMI port) 360...
Ah well, will have to do this again with whatever other special console comes out.

Feel sorry for those who won the headset.

Thanks for doing that CheapyD
applause.gif
. Congrats to the winners and hoping CheapyD will do this for Black-Ops
ok.gif

[quote name='joyce_181502']Maybe you should get bonus tickets based on post count as opposed to how long ago you created your account.[/QUOTE]

That would lead to ALOT of nonsense posts.

[quote name='joyce_181502']Maybe you should get bonus tickets based on post count as opposed to how long ago you created your account.[/QUOTE]

Meh, that would just make people spam more. I think you should get an extra set of tickets based on how many years you have been around. 6 for 1 year, 12 for 2, 18 for 3, etc.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Meh, that would just make people spam more. I think you should get an extra set of tickets based on how many years you have been around. 6 for 1 year, 12 for 2, 18 for 3, etc.[/QUOTE]

You could do something like:

+1000 posts = 3 bonus tickets
+100 posts = 2 bonus tickets
0-99 posts = no bonus tickets

If somebody spams 100 posts, it's probably pretty obvious and then you can disqualify them.

[quote name='VidPower']wheel of bankruptcy, turn turn turn, tell us the site that we have just burned[/QUOTE]

hahaha

Congrats to all the winners. It was hilarious to see the viewer count drop by the hundreds after the last winner was announced, and the comments from the pissed off people in the chat room because they didn't get anything were pretty amusing.

I was there at the live event (chat box ofc :p) and it was a great time and I would love to see more.

If anybody that I spoke to on the chat would like to add me on XBL, my GT is oHairyBear.

(P.S I was kicked from the chat near the end and I am not 100% sure why, but I would like to make it very clear that I meant no offence to anybody in the chat box, or to anybody at all for that matter. I love the cagcast and all three presenters and if I did say something to offend one of them, I can't apologise enough.)

So if the "lurkers" who won just signed up with throwaway e-mail addresses that they probably don't even check regularly and weren't even aware of the contest, etc.

How long do they have to claim their prize? Could it just go unclaimed?

Congratz to them all!!! :)

edit: D'oh! yeah, now I see . . . they HAD to actively enter the drawing. nvm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back