Halo Reach with $20 Video Game Credit at Amazon

Fantastic deal, I will break my MS purchase boycott just this once:) Hell of a deal for a game that looks as good as the first one and wash away the disappointment that were Halo 3 & ODST.

It is basically a no brainer to pre-order it if you want to pick the game up. They have their pre-order price promise so if it drops you get the cheaper price. It is so easy to cancel an order on amazon and they don't charge your card till shipment so if there are any better deals closer to release you can easily switch. Its a no lose situation.

[quote name='Cindaddy']It's in the title of the first thread stickied at the top of the page[/QUOTE]

So True. Lmao

[quote name='johnsonnguyen3']maybe i should use my $10 from the ffxiii for this[/QUOTE]

I did. $50 + $20 credit towards another game is too good of a deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon offers release day shipping (free with Prime) once we get closer to the release date.

Walmart has the same deal, but the great thing about walmart is you get to use the gift cards as soon as you preorder, whereas you have to wait for Amazon after the game's release. I've been getting free shipping w/walmart on my games, have them on the Friday of the game's release week.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Walmart has the same deal, but the great thing about walmart is you get to use the gift cards as soon as you preorder, whereas you have to wait for Amazon after the game's release. I've been getting free shipping w/walmart on my games, have them on the Friday of the game's release week.[/QUOTE]

Walmart is better IMHO. They reduce the price of the game, give you the GC right away and it can be used on anything. I tell my wife I got her a gift card and bought a $40 game with cashback.

[quote name='Cindaddy']Walmart is better IMHO. They reduce the price of the game, give you the GC right away and it can be used on anything. I tell my wife I got her a gift card and bought a $40 game with cashback.[/QUOTE]

But you won't get the game until a week after it comes out.
That's a deal breaker for me on this one.

The nice thing about Walmart was the 20% BCB. Last I heard it has been dropped down to 5% BCB, though.

The free shipping seems to be within the same time frame as Amazon's free shipping. It is also nice that the credit can be used immediately and on other items besides video games.

Although they do charge you immediately and there is a very unlikely chance of being able to obtain a refund. Also, it seems that Amazon's base price of new games is sometimes lower than Walmart by a few dollars or so. Lastly, I do not know if this applies to everyone, I am charged sales tax on the games.

Amazon:
Lower base price(sometimes)
Return policy
No sales tax(for many)

Walmart:
BCB
Use credit on other items

Did I miss anything?

I'm excited. I have this on pre-order for $50.99 already because it was in my Gold Box back in the days of ECA. $20 gift card means I will be keeping this order active.

THE CHEAP JUAN HAS SPOKEN!

I'm pumped since I pre-ordered this with ECA back in the day when it showed up in my Gold Box. MAXIMUM CARNAGE!!

[quote name='prateeko']THE CHEAP JUAN HAS SPOKEN!

I'm pumped since I pre-ordered this with ECA back in the day when it showed up in my Gold Box. MAXIMUM CARNAGE!![/QUOTE]
Same- so $50.99 + $20 gift card. /highfive

20 promo credit and it will probably drop a little more before release. Can't really go wrong with Amazon on this one. Thanks OP.

i hate halo, but im a sucker for a good deal!

maybe this rendition will have something that will change my outlook

bread's done
Back