Halo Wars $51.99 at Costco

[quote name='Xfactor19990']ooooooo well best buy match this?[/quote]

I don't see why they wouldn't. I think I saw it listed last time I PMed something at the register right next to the CompUSA (Yes still listed there)

Good deal if it stays the same when it's released ... otherwise shipping and tax kind of kill it. Thanks for the heads up OP, I'll be watching closely come March 3rd.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']ooooooo well best buy match this?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy usually refuses to match prices from stores that require a membership.

[quote name='Chemosh013']Best Buy usually refuses to match prices from stores that require a membership.[/quote]

...or any store that sells items. They really do their best (In my experience) to make it as hard as possible, as if every penny discounted comes directly out of their wages.

Went to Costco yesterday to ask about pricing. Sometimes their in store prices are not the same as their online prices, and they will NOT price match their own online prices. Bah! We will see on release date if it's the same in-store.

Yup. Costco's usually charges $52 for new games. But, at the least the two near me, never seem to have new games in on time. They usually get then 1-2 weeks later.

Its just a major hassle to go there though, the store is always swamped no matter what time it is!! Both of them! Ive got 2 of them within 10 miles of me, one in MA and one in CT.

[quote name='Chemosh013']Best Buy usually refuses to match prices from stores that require a membership.[/quote]

^^ This is what both of my BBy's have told me.

[quote name='JMClarkent']...or any store that sells items. They really do their best (In my experience) to make it as hard as possible, as if every penny discounted comes directly out of their wages.[/quote]
True... but the "membership based store" exclusion is explicitly in their policy.

Here's a tip. If you have a .edu e-mail and college ID, you can get the college membership or whatever it is called. It is still $40 but you get a $15 gift card with it. I believe you still get 2 ID's so you can split the $25 with someone else. Sam's club membership is worth it just for bubble mailers to me.

[quote name='shoe478']Here's a tip. If you have a .edu e-mail and college ID, you can get the college membership or whatever it is called. It is still $40 but you get a $15 gift card with it. I believe you still get 2 ID's so you can split the $25 with someone else. Sam's club membership is worth it just for bubble mailers to me.[/quote]
This deal is at Costco, not Sam's. I'm pretty sure Costco doesn't have a student membership

[quote name='Kevbo887']Yup. Costco's usually charges $52 for new games. But, at the least the two near me, never seem to have new games in on time. They usually get then 1-2 weeks later.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks. But I have a Costco very close to me so I'll probably give it a look on release day if I can bring myself to spend over $50 on a game. :lol:

[quote name='Xfactor19990']ooooooo well best buy match this?[/quote]

Many ppl said no but I think it's YMMV. I bought a camcorder at BB in the past and a few days later I found out that Costco was selling the exactly same model for $50 less. I took the receipt to CS at BB and they gave me a refund of $55(110% of the price difference).

Costco almost never gets CE versions of games in their stores. Usually, they are web-only for that stuff, so I don't really think this will work for a BB price match.

Is there any place I can still preorder the limited edition and guaranteed to get it?

If not, is there a store i can walk in to buy without reserving?

What stores will have them ready to sell at midnight?

Thanks guys!

bread's done
Back