Halo Wars for 52.99 Halo Wars: LE for 68.99 shipped @ Buy.com

I want to bite but their policy says game preorders can't be canceled

Code:
Please note that preordered games, videos, DVDs and books enter the shipping process when the order is created. This happens prior to release date in order to ensure timely delivery. As a result, preordered games, videos, DVDs and books [B]cannot[/B] be canceled.

Also I don't know when they charge your card. i don't want to be charged immediately, but rather after it ships

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Nice Find. The Tax And Wait Time To Get The Game Kills It For Me.[/quote]
Why Do You Feel The Need To Type Like This? Seriously, it's annoying to read and takes a lot more effort than typing properly.

[quote name='SAGExSDX']Also I don't know when they charge your card. i don't want to be charged immediately, but rather after it ships[/quote]I believe they do charge when it's ordered for a pre-order, due to their need to put it into the shipping process immediately in their system.

[quote name='shrike4242']I believe they do charge when it's ordered for a pre-order, due to their need to put it into the shipping process immediately in their system.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, but I haven't ordered from Buy.com because of their complete inability to cancel an order even a week before release. EDIT: When I tried to cancel (last time I remember), I hadn't been charged yet, but the order couldn't be canceled. Customer service was nice enough, they just couldn't do anything.

I didn't bite on this deal because a) it doesn't look like you'll get a code for the flaming warthog and b) I don't know how I feel about Buy.com.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Why Do You Feel The Need To Type Like This? Seriously, it's annoying to read and takes a lot more effort than typing properly.[/quote]

Now That The Price is at 67.99, I Might Actually Pre-Order it From Buy.com The Tax and Wait Time Won't Really Kill it Now.:bouncy: Haven't Seen a Cheaper Price Anywhere Else. Great Find OP.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Why Do You Feel The Need To Type Like This? Seriously, it's annoying to read and takes a lot more effort than typing properly.[/quote]

Why Do You Feel The Need To Type Like This? Seriously, it's annoying to read and takes a lot more effort than typing properly. :twoguns: :whee:

I ordered it with the free shipping earlier today. The wait doesn't really bother me as there are multiple good games coming out right around then to keep me occupied.

LE version always on clearance 4-6 months after it hit the street. I lucky scored halo 3 LE version for $15 and hope i can score Halo Wars LE version around $30ish or less :)

just played the demo . . . LOL . . . no thanks. i wish i liked it though because I want to support (the now disbanded) ensemble studios. They were FIRED and still finished that game for MS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Imallvol7']just played the demo . . . LOL . . . no thanks. i wish i liked it though because I want to support (the now disbanded) ensemble studios. They were FIRED and still finished that game for MS.[/QUOTE]

Quite the opposite for me, I'm sold. Demo was a blast. It actually felt like there were leftover buttons, so kudos to Ensemble for speaking truth on the control scheme.

I have a feeling here that we'll see more used copies of this game in the coming months than any game since the Halo 3 Beta on Crackdown ended. Not that it won't be good, I just think a lot of people will buy it as their first RTS game and not get into it enough to keep it. Just a hunch, of course.

[quote name='Decker']I have a feeling here that we'll see more used copies of this game in the coming months than any game since the Halo 3 Beta on Crackdown ended. Not that it won't be good, I just think a lot of people will buy it as their first RTS game and not get into it enough to keep it. Just a hunch, of course.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but I jumped on the deal now because of the maps I know I'd end up buying regardless.

Thanks, I'm definitely considering the LE even thought I usually wait to get LE's until they're cheaper than the standard edition.

[quote name='Sour Skittles*']LE's a better deal at NewEgg right now, $46.99+shipping.[/QUOTE]

Really? I see MSRP pricing for the LE. The standard edition isn't even that low ($56.99).

[quote name='Sour Skittles*']LE's a better deal at NewEgg right now, $46.99+shipping.[/quote]

I think you mean the legendary edition of Halo 3.

Has anyone here ever pre-ordered from Buy.com???

I've purchased stuff in the past from them with no problems, but never attempted a pre order. If it's like Amazon, where they usually get you the product fast with a pre-order then I'm in for this sweet deal.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Has anyone here ever pre-ordered from Buy.com???

I've purchased stuff in the past from them with no problems, but never attempted a pre order. If it's like Amazon, where they usually get you the product fast with a pre-order then I'm in for this sweet deal.[/quote]

I've not heard anyone with a positive story about a buy.com preorder either here or on TeamXbox. To be fair, I haven't heard many negatives (just a handful), but it just not worth it to me, seeing that my last preorder experience with them (several years ago) was a pain.

I wish someone could vouch for buy.com preorders, but until then I'm not risking it no matter how low the price goes.

Plus it doesn't look like you get the preorder bonus with either the regular or limited edition.

[quote name='Lucian']I've not heard anyone with a positive story about a buy.com preorder either here or on TeamXbox. To be fair, I haven't heard many negatives (just a handful), but it just not worth it to me, seeing that my last preorder experience with them (several years ago) was a pain.

I wish someone could vouch for buy.com preorders, but until then I'm not risking it no matter how low the price goes.

Plus it doesn't look like you get the preorder bonus with either the regular or limited edition.[/quote]

Thanks for the response. I'm worried now:cry:. I will take the chance and see how it goes. I will definately post how it goes. If it goes bad, I will raise hell with them. Luckily I got the pre-order bonus voucher from BB already, so if all else fails, I will get it from them.

Im torn between waiting for a used copy or pre-ordering, but I am going to go out on a limb and say the flame warthog will be a generic code. I seriously doubt theyre going to issue that many unique codes for it considering the number of retailers offering it as a preorder bonus. Gamestop is famous for this; usually you can find the bonus code online.

Buy.com is fine - I've never had any fulfillment problems and I've placed many orders with them. However, their free shipping is just normal USPS. So if you're dying to play the game ASAP, you're probably better off springing for Amazon's 2 day delivery.

i would love to buy this asap... but my xbox is broken again.... so i'ma have wet dreams about playing all this game as well as all the other great games out there!!!

Is there a phone number you can call to get them to cancel? I can't imagine them taking your money and then refusing to cancel the order when they haven't shipped anything yet. If that's the case, then it's not worth it. I pre-ordered the LE already, and now I'm regretting it.

[quote name='SixStringChild']Is there a phone number you can call to get them to cancel? I can't imagine them taking your money and then refusing to cancel the order when they haven't shipped anything yet. If that's the case, then it's not worth it. I pre-ordered the LE already, and now I'm regretting it.[/quote]

If you place an order with buy.com, you just log into your account, click on your order and cancel the item you want. It's almost identical to Amazon's order management system. They don't bill until they ship.

[quote name='luxarific']If you place an order with buy.com, you just log into your account, click on your order and cancel the item you want. It's almost identical to Amazon's order management system. They don't bill until they ship.[/quote]

THEY DO BILL if it's a pre-order. I pre-ordered SF4 CE for 360 and they removed the funds from my PayPal Account after I placed the order. It does seem easy to cancel however.

I believe that buy.com only bills preorders placed with paypal, before shipping. That's the only time I've gotten billed early.

I'm another that's never had a problem with them. I've bought from the site, and the ebay store, several times. Shipping has always been pretty speedy, too.

[quote name='Shimmerz']Im torn between waiting for a used copy or pre-ordering, but I am going to go out on a limb and say the flame warthog will be a generic code. I seriously doubt theyre going to issue that many unique codes for it considering the number of retailers offering it as a preorder bonus. Gamestop is famous for this; usually you can find the bonus code online.[/QUOTE]

You are going to be wrong because every pre order code can only be use once on market place.

[quote name='Shimmerz']Im torn between waiting for a used copy or pre-ordering, but I am going to go out on a limb and say the flame warthog will be a generic code. I seriously doubt theyre going to issue that many unique codes for it considering the number of retailers offering it as a preorder bonus. Gamestop is famous for this; usually you can find the bonus code online.[/QUOTE]

It depends. If it's being treated as a marketplace item, then the codes will all be unique. If it's a code that you just enter in the game and it unlocks the data off the disc, then yes the codes will be the same.

[quote name='62t']You are going to be wrong because every pre order code can only be use once on market place.[/quote]

True, I got my code from BestBuy and it is a Marketplace code just like all the other ones they release that are 1 time use.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']THEY DO BILL if it's a pre-order. I pre-ordered SF4 CE for 360 and they removed the funds from my PayPal Account after I placed the order. It does seem easy to cancel however.[/quote]

Ah, I've always just used my cc with them - they've never prebilled me when using a cc straight up.

[quote name='luxarific']If you place an order with buy.com, you just log into your account, click on your order and cancel the item you want. It's almost identical to Amazon's order management system. They don't bill until they ship.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that if you go ahead and cancel, it will tell you that they submitted your request to cancel to the shipping/fulfillment area and it's not a guarantee that it has been canceled or can be canceled. That's the problem with it. Then you sit there and wait and wonder until the product shows up on your doorstop.

Their Help tells you that they cannot cancel preorders:
http://www.buy.com/corp/support/eaccount/cancel.asp
[quote name='Buy.com Canceling and Item/Order']Canceling backordered or preordered items
You can request a cancelation anytime before your item ships and we will make every effort to honor your cancelation request. If your order has already entered the shipment process, however, we might not be able to cancel it and it might ship despite your request. If this happens, simply refuse the order or contact us for a RMA.

Please note that preordered games, videos, DVDs and books enter the shipping process when the order is created. This happens prior to release date in order to ensure timely delivery. As a result, preordered games, videos, DVDs and books cannot be canceled. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lucian']The problem is that if you go ahead and cancel, it will tell you that they submitted your request to cancel to the shipping/fulfillment area and it's not a guarantee that it has been canceled or can be canceled. That's the problem with it. Then you sit there and wait and wonder until the product shows up on your doorstop.

Their Help tells you that they cannot cancel preorders:
http://www.buy.com/corp/support/eaccount/cancel.asp[/quote]

All I know is that I've canceled books, games, and music with them several times (6 times) over the past three years (most recently in December) and never had a problem with delivery of canceled items. The only problem I've ever had with them is a lost package, which they reshipped the same day I submitted the online complaint. They've always treated me right.

Hi guys, I just bought this and its a great deal, try the demo if you like the skirmish mode on heroic I'm sure you'll love the game.

I also did the $25 off coupon and got it in a few days after emailing them for help, it was a nice surprise to get the code and saved me about $15 (subtract the price of the "offer" I had to buy :p)

bread's done
Back