Halo Wars Preorder Bonus In-game Warthog Vehicle @ Walmart, Gamestop, Amazon + Others

eau

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
I haven't seen this posted yet. Walmart.com has an exclusive preorder DLC for an in-game vehicle for Halo Wars.

Halo Wars $59.98
Halo Wars Limited Edition $79.82

Pics
0088222462584av500x500ff8.jpg
0088222462584av1500x500hs8.jpg

0088222462584av2500x500ww5.jpg

It's great that the DLC is available everywhere now.

I received an email from xbox.com with this imagery. So I thought it's exclusive to Walmart since xbox specifically mentioned it.

x0113wklygoldexp1a1v2dr0.jpg

At BB they have the pre-order cases out for this. The code is in the box so if you are looking to guarantee you have a code when the game releases it would be wise to pick one up for $5 down.

[quote name='ninja dog']Wtf, why wouldn't this be a standard vehicle in the game? hate this gen so much.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind this sort of thing much. I don't need a golden lancer or a flaming warthog. As long as there aren't gameplay advantages for spending more money on a limited edition or pre-ordering only.

Once we get to the point where it's "Buy the limited edition and your guns will do 50% more damage online!", then I'll quit.

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']I don't mind this sort of thing much. I don't need a golden lancer or a flaming warthog. As long as there aren't gameplay advantages for spending more money on a limited edition or pre-ordering only.

Once we get to the point where it's "Buy the limited edition and your guns will do 50% more damage online!", then I'll quit.

MjC[/quote]We've already had that in a way.

Pre-ordering COD: WoW at GS gave you a in-game weapon 40+ levels in advance of you getting it normally in-game.

I think Battlefield: BC Gold Edition was the same way, with some in-game perk for getting the Gold edition. SC IV LE had something else in-game as well.

[quote name='shrike4242']We've already had that in a way.

Pre-ordering COD: WoW at GS gave you a in-game weapon 40+ levels in advance of you getting it normally in-game.

I think Battlefield: BC Gold Edition was the same way, with some in-game perk for getting the Gold edition. SC IV LE had something else in-game as well.[/QUOTE]

Right, but I'm still cool with that because someone who doesn't pay for it will catch up eventually if they put time into it. I meant a permanent advantage over anyone who doesn't pay extra. I would find that unacceptable.

MjC

Halo...limited edition...pre-order...$$$

They tricked me once with their gimmicks, ill wait until its a sub-$30 game before i buy. And am i the only one who is getting sick of digital bonuses, i want something tangible, not f'ing digital flames for a warthog.

I will gladly wait till Halo Wars is $19.99 used Bargain bin should be about 2 months.

NO way I'm paying $79.99 for a non-collectible version because the collectible items are mostly electronic downloaded units

Speaking of DLC, are they going to pull a SW:FU and have new expensive content after launch even though they've closed the studio? (in SW:FU case they fired about everybody before launch didn't they)?

[quote name='MCalvert1']I don't mind this sort of thing much. I don't need a golden lancer or a flaming warthog. As long as there aren't gameplay advantages for spending more money on a limited edition or pre-ordering only.

MjC[/QUOTE]

no way. This is a warthog-- a very basic Halo vehicle. This is like offering Super Mario Bros. Special Edition with fire flower power ups put back in to the game.

[quote name='ninja dog']no way. This is a warthog-- a very basic Halo vehicle. This is like offering Super Mario Bros. Special Edition with fire flower power ups put back in to the game.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I thought regular Warthogs were in the game regardless. The bonus is simply a paint job.

MjC

[quote name='Layd Dly']Halo...limited edition...pre-order...$$$

They tricked me once with their gimmicks, ill wait until its a sub-$30 game before i buy. And am i the only one who is getting sick of digital bonuses, i want something tangible, not f'ing digital flames for a warthog.[/quote]

I Agree.

Anyone think this might be another OVER Produced Limited Edition just like Halo 3 was?

[quote name='SuperJedi']I Agree.

Anyone think this might be another OVER Produced Limited Edition just like Halo 3 was?[/QUOTE]

it's Halo it's always OVER _____ !! :lol:

Anyone think this might be another OVER Produced Limited Edition just like Halo 3 was?[/quote]

Well of course it will be, but it isn't $100+ and it isn't the huge price premium over the regular like Halo 3 was. Therefore there isn't as much potential for drop down the road.

That Halo 3 crap was in a league all by itself.

In this case, if you don't buy it, you're not only missing out on what looks to be a fairly cool package, you can't get the new Halo 3 maps as soon, which probably has some value to many. I think I've got that straight anyway.

Yes I am gonna wait. Take a gamble on this, I really want the LE, but I think it will be OVER Produced, once again.

Probably likely will see the LE on sale on Amazon.com or somewhere else by Black Friday, I think!

[quote name='turls']Well of course it will be, but it isn't $100+ and it isn't the huge price premium over the regular like Halo 3 was. Therefore there isn't as much potential for drop down the road.

That Halo 3 crap was in a league all by itself.

In this case, if you don't buy it, you're not only missing out on what looks to be a fairly cool package, you can't get the new Halo 3 maps as soon, which probably has some value to many. I think I've got that straight anyway.[/quote]

I wasn't talking about Halo 3 LEGENDARY one...

Just this

51qVpb2P30L._SS400_.jpg
halo_3_limited_ed.jpg

Anyone think this might be another OVER Produced Limited Edition just like Halo 3 was?[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope so. I'm going to wait for it to drop. Anyone see how bad a rating it got on Gamespot? Eesh. Maybe they didn't pay anything unlike Kane and Lynch :nudge:

i'm hoping it is over produced. I want to get se of the game, but I don't want to spend anywhere near 80 bucks for it. I've been able to get most se for less than the standard edition by waiting a few weeks or so. The only one I haven't been succesful with is Fable II...I'm still waiting on the se of that one to go down in price on amazon or somewhere local.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Yes I am gonna wait. Take a gamble on this, I really want the LE, but I think it will be OVER Produced, once again.

Probably likely will see the LE on sale on Amazon.com or somewhere else by Black Friday, I think![/QUOTE]

And eesh! Black Friday is a long time to wait for this one. I don't know if I'm going to hold off that long! How much do you think I could sell the map pack and flaming warthog for?

[quote name='Layd Dly']Halo...limited edition...pre-order...$$$

They tricked me once with their gimmicks, ill wait until its a sub-$30 game before i buy. And am i the only one who is getting sick of digital bonuses, i want something tangible, not f'ing digital flames for a warthog.[/quote]

100% agreed!

Digital downloads are lame. I mean, how much ACTUAL TIME or MANPOWER did it take to make this bonus? And that means I should pay the full $60 for this game?

Pass. I'll wait for this to drop down to $20ish. Considering how fast GTA4 dropped... this'll probably be there in about 6 months or less.

Fair enough, but I sure haven't seen as many fire sale clearances on LE vs. Legendary. Especially if you take percentage of drop.

[quote name='SuperJedi']I wasn't talking about Halo 3 LEGENDARY one...

Just this
[/quote]

Target has been selling the LE and Regular edition for the SAME price, for many months now. Other places like Amazon, I believe also sold the LE for a lot less before.

bread's done
Back