Hand Maid May Box Set DVD (Hyb) + Extras CD-ROM at Rightstuf.com $29.99

palwk

CAGiversary!
Hand Maid May Box Set DVD (Hyb) + Extras CD-ROM at Rightstuf.com $29.99

I think this is a good deal. The cheapest that I can find this set elsewhere is $56.85

pd11957.jpg

Set and close with a /url in brackets.

[url=http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/a=Ig9ujpGWZ6qARda1/browse/item/58492/4/153/0]Hand Maid May Box Set - $30

Lain Box Set - $30

Heat Guy J Four Pack - $39
(Includes last four DVD's. You can get the first three DVD's for $20 at Best Buy. That's $59 for the whole seven DVD series. Highly recommended)

Read or Die OVA Soundtrack - $10
Highly recommended. Better soundtrack than Kill Bill.

Boogiepop Phantom DVD's 1-4 (No Box) - $30
(A good compliment for Lain)

Sakura Diaries Collection - $23

Hmm, I thought it was an OK series, (it's no Chobits) but that is a good price.

I'm a sucker for toys, so I was hoping for the Collector's DVD Box w/Action Figure, but c'lieve

Ugh, Hand Maid May was so bogged down with "fan service" that it was rendered unwatchable for me after only the first disc.

The Lain deal, on the other hand, is tempting...

Use coupon code: BLAST to get 40% off retail for Bandi DVDS
Picking up all the Gundam 00083:Stardust Memory dvds for 8.99 a pop.
Yay!

Hate lain and I just got Steel Angel Kurumi, Excel Saga and Sorcerer Hunter complete so I gotta chill on the anime purchases.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']did you just stumble upon this deal while shopping there or what?[/quote]

If you're talking about the OP, Right Stuf has weekly specials here.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']And I just ordered the Lain set. How long do these sales last? If it's around next Thursday, I may have to get the Boogipop Phantom.[/quote]

They last until the following Wed. Sneaky, you might want to order both of them at the same time just to save on shipping.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']Hate lain and I just got Steel Angel Kurumi, Excel Saga and Sorcerer Hunter complete so I gotta chill on the anime purchases.[/quote]
At this rate, I'd expect FYE to start sending you Christmas and birthday cards. :lol:

You'll have to let me know how you like Excel Saga. I've been considering picking that series up for awhile now.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Oooo, that Lain box is so mine.[/quote]

Mine too. And just earlier I was saying that it's "boring beyond belief" in the OTT. :oops:

[quote name='palwk']Hand Maid May Box Set DVD (Hyb) + Extras CD-ROM at Rightstuf.com $29.99

I think this is a good deal. The cheapest that I can find this set elsewhere is $56.85

pd11957.jpg
[/quote]

What does the (Hyb) stand for?

[quote name='GuilewasNK'][quote name='palwk']Hand Maid May Box Set DVD (Hyb) + Extras CD-ROM at Rightstuf.com $29.99

pd11957.jpg
[/quote]

What does the (Hyb) stand for?[/quote]

Hybrid?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Mine too. And just earlier I was saying that it's "boring beyond belief" in the OTT. :oops:[/quote]
Everyone has been telling me that. I downloaded it out of curiosity and have only gotten past the first two episodes, but so far I concur. At $29.99, though, it's still tempting. I can resist, though... I think... :?

[quote name='Javil'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Mine too. And just earlier I was saying that it's "boring beyond belief" in the OTT. :oops:[/quote]
Everyone has been telling me that. I downloaded it out of curiosity and have only gotten past the first two episodes, but so far I concur. At $29.99, though, it's still tempting. I can resist, though... I think... :?[/quote]

I couldn't resist. I figure it has to be worth that much at least. If not I can always eBay it after I watch it.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='Javil'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Mine too. And just earlier I was saying that it's "boring beyond belief" in the OTT. :oops:[/quote]
Everyone has been telling me that. I downloaded it out of curiosity and have only gotten past the first two episodes, but so far I concur. At $29.99, though, it's still tempting. I can resist, though... I think... :?[/quote]

I couldn't resist. I figure it has to be worth that much at least. If not I can always eBay it after I watch it.[/quote]

How do you mean borking though? As in no action? Or is the story bland to begin with? If it's just no action, i can stand it (Grave of the Fireflies and Jin-Roh come to mind), and from what i read, the story seems like my twisted sort of likes.

Thanks for the post palwk. I'm usually up on what Right Stuff has on sale, but not this week. Just placed my order. Killer deal.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']How do you mean borking though? As in no action? Or is the story bland to begin with? If it's just no action, i can stand it (Grave of the Fireflies and Jin-Roh come to mind), and from what i read, the story seems like my twisted sort of likes.[/quote]
I really enjoyed Jin-Roh, too. I thought the exact same thing about Lain; that it seemed like my twisted sort of like. I've only watched the first couple of episodes, but it already isn't what I was expecting at all. There isn't any action, but that isn't what turned me off. There is hardly any dialogue at all, so the story progresses at a snail's pace through long, eerie segments of just Lain walking around. I was watching it on my computer, and I found it impossible not to multitask in the process, because it just wasn't holding my attention.

[quote name='Javil'][quote name='SneakyPenguin']How do you mean borking though? As in no action? Or is the story bland to begin with? If it's just no action, i can stand it (Grave of the Fireflies and Jin-Roh come to mind), and from what i read, the story seems like my twisted sort of likes.[/quote]
I really enjoyed Jin-Roh, too. I thought the exact same thing about Lain; that it seemed like my twisted sort of like. I've only watched the first couple of episodes, but it already isn't what I was expecting at all. There isn't any action, but that isn't what turned me off. There is hardly any dialogue at all, so the story progresses at a snail's pace through long, eerie segments of just Lain walking around. I was watching it on my computer, and I found it impossible not to multitask in the process, because it just wasn't holding my attention.[/quote]

Damn, now I'm kind of worried. Oh well, I could definately re-sell it for more if I end up not liking it.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Damn, now I'm kind of worried. Oh well, I could definately re-sell it for more if I end up not liking it.[/quote]
Exactly. Besides, I haven't watched it all yet, so perhaps it picks up a bit. If I hadn't invested in Scryed, I may very well have bought this myself.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=740184

Hand Maid May Collection... $18.27 on Overstock.com. Just ordered myself 1. There were 10 left at the time I ordered.

Doesn't say anything about a CD of extras but it DOES say complete collection.[/quote]

They may have mislabeled it cause it looks to me like its just the figure and the cd rom. Cause it says orginal price $24.95, which is the price for the figure and the cd rom. :(

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='GuilewasNK'][quote name='palwk']Hand Maid May Box Set DVD (Hyb) + Extras CD-ROM at Rightstuf.com $29.99

pd11957.jpg
[/quote]

What does the (Hyb) stand for?[/quote]

Hybrid?[/quote]

Yeah, but what do they mean by hybrid, I'm curious too.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta'][quote name='GuilewasNK']http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=740184

Hand Maid May Collection... $18.27 on Overstock.com. Just ordered myself 1. There were 10 left at the time I ordered.

Doesn't say anything about a CD of extras but it DOES say complete collection.[/quote]

They may have mislabeled it cause it looks to me like its just the figure and the cd rom. Cause it says orginal price $24.95, which is the price for the figure and the cd rom. :([/quote]

$19.96 at DDD: http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=PIO011956

It states "Contains the entire series in a collector's box.", but under "Products Included", it states

"Collector's Box
CD-ROM
Action Figure"

With no mention of the DVDs. In addition, they have a listing for the box set for $71.96, with the same description, so it was probably just an oversight with the cut and paste.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=PIO011957

[quote name='RaekwonThaChef']Yeah, but what do they mean by hybrid, I'm curious too.[/quote]
Just means it has English and Japanese, I believe. I believe they also use (Sub) and (Dub) in rarer circumstances where a DVD only has one option. Right Stuf doesn't sell bootlegs.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta'][quote name='GuilewasNK']http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=740184

They may have mislabeled it cause it looks to me like its just the figure and the cd rom. Cause it says orginal price $24.95, which is the price for the figure and the cd rom. :([/quote]

Well, I'll give an update once mine is shipped.

I decided to have a chat with Overstock customer service, and here is the transcript:

-------------------
Misti M: Welcome to Overstock.com, Mr. X! How may I help you today?
Me: Hi.
Me: I have a question about product number 3000437
Misti M: The Hand Maid May Box Set ?
Me: The description states "Contains the entire series in a collector`s box.", but the price leads me to believe that it may be the box and figure only, without the DVDs.
Me: yes
Misti M: What can I help you with?
Me: I'd like to know if it is actually the box set, or just the box.
Misti M: It contains the entire series in the box set.
Me: the reason I ask is that the set retails for about $90.
Me: and the box usually retails for $25, which is what overstock lists as the msrp.
Misti M: I got this from the website description "Contains the entire series in a collector`s box."
Me: yyes, I saw that, but I wanted to verify it.
Misti M: It is the entire series.
Me: Ok, thank you.
Misti M: Have a great night!
Misti M: Thank you for contacting Overstock.com!
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

---------------
I changed my name in the transcript to "Mr. X", and "Me". Of course, I don't believe her for a second, but I ordered anyway. I guess I am just a trouble maker. It really annoys me when I ask for a price check and the clerk points to the sticker, or when I ask for help finding something, and after looking at the spot on the shelf where it should be (where I am standing), they say "well, I guess we don't have it". There is a certain satisfaction when one finally manages the price check and the tag is way off, or when one locates the item in the wrong section. Same sort of thing here.

Misti M: I got this from the website description "Contains the entire series in a collector`s box." -- Gee, I didn't see that at all, or I would have posted it earlier in the conversation. Oh, wait, I did. Maybe I am not blind or stupid, and I have a legitimate question about something that is almost certainly a mistake on your website. Nah, couldn't be.

[quote name='guessed']Misti M: I got this from the website description "Contains the entire series in a collector`s box." -- Gee, I didn't see that at all, or I would have posted it earlier in the conversation. Oh, wait, I did. Maybe I am not blind or stupid, and I have a legitimate question about something that is almost certainly a mistake on your website. Nah, couldn't be.[/quote]
That's some customer service. :roll:

[quote name='Doylerulez']Hmm, I thought it was an OK series, (it's no Chobits) but that is a good price. [/quote]

I didn't like Chobits (loved the manga though) so that is a problem.

[quote name='Dead of Knight'][quote name='Doylerulez']Hmm, I thought it was an OK series, (it's no Chobits) but that is a good price. [/quote]

I didn't like Chobits (loved the manga though) so that is a problem.[/quote]

Wow same exact thing with me loved chobit manga hated the anime.

[quote name='Javil'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777']Hate lain and I just got Steel Angel Kurumi, Excel Saga and Sorcerer Hunter complete so I gotta chill on the anime purchases.[/quote]
At this rate, I'd expect FYE to start sending you Christmas and birthday cards. :lol:

You'll have to let me know how you like Excel Saga. I've been considering picking that series up for awhile now.[/quote]

They might considering guess what, I got a call this morning (this is the time when I dont have classes), they want me to work at FYE part time. All I can give them is 4 to 8 each day (I end at 3:30ish so I can be there by 4 and at 8 I like to be in my dorm to chill and do whatever work and parties). So Im debating taking the job....if only for the employee discount, and I could use some cash. Then again I go back to living in brooklyn after this semester so I dunno.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='WeaponX2099'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777']Id like to point this out as well

Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin) The Motion Picture DVD (Hyb)
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/wBAFnFcCnAlP46R5YG/browse/item/43870/4/153/0
5.99 for those of you that havent bought it yet.[/quote]
How is it? I'm gonna it watch tomorrow.[/quote]
I enjoyed it, its pretty good.[/quote]
Hmm, after watching the whole series and the OVAs, this was the most forgetable. I was disappointed.

And I will admit, the Chobits manga is better than the anime, but I didn't think it was that bad.

[quote name='Doylerulez'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='WeaponX2099'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777']Id like to point this out as well

Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin) The Motion Picture DVD (Hyb)
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/wBAFnFcCnAlP46R5YG/browse/item/43870/4/153/0
5.99 for those of you that havent bought it yet.[/quote]
How is it? I'm gonna it watch tomorrow.[/quote]
I enjoyed it, its pretty good.[/quote]
Hmm, after watching the whole series and the OVAs, this was the most forgetable. I was disappointed.

And I will admit, the Chobits manga is better than the anime, but I didn't think it was that bad.[/quote]

Well it wasnt an amazing movie but I still liked it, and I find it good to cover all basis of a certain anime you enjoy, for example how I covered all basis on evangelion........I like total closure.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']They might considering guess what, I got a call this morning (this is the time when I dont have classes), they want me to work at FYE part time. All I can give them is 4 to 8 each day (I end at 3:30ish so I can be there by 4 and at 8 I like to be in my dorm to chill and do whatever work and parties). So Im debating taking the job....if only for the employee discount, and I could use some cash. Then again I go back to living in brooklyn after this semester so I dunno.[/quote]
Wow, that's crazy. :lol:

I bet you'll take them up on this offer just for the discount.

[quote name='Javil'][quote name='Nirvanaguy777']They might considering guess what, I got a call this morning (this is the time when I dont have classes), they want me to work at FYE part time. All I can give them is 4 to 8 each day (I end at 3:30ish so I can be there by 4 and at 8 I like to be in my dorm to chill and do whatever work and parties). So Im debating taking the job....if only for the employee discount, and I could use some cash. Then again I go back to living in brooklyn after this semester so I dunno.[/quote]
Wow, that's crazy. :lol:

I bet you'll take them up on this offer just for the discount.[/quote]

I start monday hehe.

[quote name='guessed']I decided to have a chat with Overstock customer service, and here is the transcript:

-------------------
Misti M: Welcome to Overstock.com, Mr. X! How may I help you today?
Me: Hi.
Me: I have a question about product number 3000437
Misti M: The Hand Maid May Box Set ?
Me: The description states "Contains the entire series in a collector`s box.", but the price leads me to believe that it may be the box and figure only, without the DVDs.
Me: yes
Misti M: What can I help you with?
Me: I'd like to know if it is actually the box set, or just the box.
Misti M: It contains the entire series in the box set.
Me: the reason I ask is that the set retails for about $90.
Me: and the box usually retails for $25, which is what overstock lists as the msrp.
Misti M: I got this from the website description "Contains the entire series in a collector`s box."
Me: yyes, I saw that, but I wanted to verify it.
Misti M: It is the entire series.
Me: Ok, thank you.
Misti M: Have a great night!
Misti M: Thank you for contacting Overstock.com!

---------------
I changed my name in the transcript to "Mr. X", and "Me". Of course, I don't believe her for a second, but I ordered anyway. I guess I am just a trouble maker. It really annoys me when I ask for a price check and the clerk points to the sticker, or when I ask for help finding something, and after looking at the spot on the shelf where it should be (where I am standing), they say "well, I guess we don't have it". There is a certain satisfaction when one finally manages the price check and the tag is way off, or when one locates the item in the wrong section. Same sort of thing here.

Misti M: I got this from the website description "Contains the entire series in a collector`s box." -- Gee, I didn't see that at all, or I would have posted it earlier in the conversation. Oh, wait, I did. Maybe I am not blind or stupid, and I have a legitimate question about something that is almost certainly a mistake on your website. Nah, couldn't be.[/quote]

Well, I got mine in today and it was just the CD-Rom, box and figurine. I'm not upset though since having the extras will be cool and I can ge the set some other time. Plus, I had ordered some other anime on my order. Just wanted to confirm what happened in case anyone else was going to order.

bread's done
Back