Handful of Price Drops at ToysRUs.com (games $4.98 - $14.98) (All Systems)

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
www.toysrus.com

Note: I don't have time to check what is in stock or not. Don't forget Google Checkout $10 discount. Good luck.

Some highlights (there are more, so all won't be listed)

$4.98
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2401669 Jak II (PS2)
The Getaway: Black Monday (PS2)
Tiger Woods 2005 (DS)

$5.29
South Park: Chef's Luv Shack (DC)

$7.48
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2332816 DK: Jungle Beat (GC)
Metal Gear 3: Snake Eater (PS2)
Face Plate - Woody (360)

$9.98
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2337102 King Kong (360)
ATV Fury: Blazin' Trails (PSP)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2333339 Wipeout Pure (PSP)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2404454 Legend of Heroes II (PSP)
Metal Gear Graphic Novel (PSP)

Virtua Tennis World Tour (PSP)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/inde...2276203&s=A-StorePrice-TRUS&parentPage=searchBurnout Legends (DS)
Star Fox Assault (GC)

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2308535 Batallion Wars (GC)
Chessmaster (Xbox)

Tony Hawk's American Sk8land (GBA)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2339580 Sonic Combo Pack (GBA)
Mega Man Battle Network 5 (GBA)

$14.98

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2376685Wario Ware INC (GC)
Tokobot Plus (PS2)
Death Jr II (PSP)
Drill Dozer (GBA)
Harvest Moon: More Friends... (GBA)
Mario Tennis (GBA)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2379617 Shining Force (GBA)

$19.98
Yakuza (PS2)

[quote name='shrike4242']TRU.com prices and in-store prices are only the same when it's an advertised sale, like the weekly flier, or when it's a coupon-based sale, like the 12 days of Xmas (FFXII for $25, FFIII for $20, for example) sale they ran.

Besides the above examples, TRU.com prices and TRU B&M prices aren't the same. Though, this is how it used to be when TRU.com was part of Amazon, so it may have changed with the new site. I'm not expecting to be the case that they're the same prices.

In fact, I checked TRU.com for Tomb Raider: Legend (Xbox 360) which is $19.99 in-store, and it's $29.99 on TRU.com .[/quote]

Not the same... 360 King Kong $19.99 in store IF you can find it.

[quote name='ckendal']I ordered Shining Force when it said in stock and now it says backordered. I wonder if I am ever going to get it. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]
the way they handle the mario ddr and wii game deal, don't expect it.

[quote name='xDerekRx']Is this IN STORE as well? like would LOH 2 be in store?[/QUOTE]
God I hope so but usually I don't think TRU B&M is ever the same. I don't think they will price match their website either unfortionatly, but maybe that has changed since they started their own site instead of being an amazon affiliate.

EDIT: My shipped total for Yakuza & Shining Force was $30.95 :) I've been wanting to get Yakuza for a while, so getting it for my target price of $20 w/ a $10 SFDD works out pretty nice.

Well I guess these prices are not available in-store. Harvest Moon was $29.9x and LOHII was $19.9x. They didn't have any others, but it's just as well that I didn't waste their time. :roll:

Has anyone been denied an order for setting up multiple GCO accounts? How many different accounts has one made who has done this a lot. I can create my own e-mail addresses so I could theoretically do this forever? But it seems like once Google sees my cc and shipping address 1000 times in thier database they'll block me from creating any more accounts?

[quote name='shrike4242']TRU.com prices and in-store prices are only the same when it's an advertised sale, like the weekly flier, or when it's a coupon-based sale, like the 12 days of Xmas (FFXII for $25, FFIII for $20, for example) sale they ran.

Besides the above examples, TRU.com prices and TRU B&M prices aren't the same. Though, this is how it used to be when TRU.com was part of Amazon, so it may have changed with the new site. I'm not expecting to be the case that they're the same prices.

In fact, I checked TRU.com for Tomb Raider: Legend (Xbox 360) which is $19.99 in-store, and it's $29.99 on TRU.com .[/QUOTE]

helpful, thanks shrike.

[quote name='Nutts']Has anyone been denied an order for setting up multiple GCO accounts? How many different accounts has one made who has done this a lot. I can create my own e-mail addresses so I could theoretically do this forever? But it seems like once Google sees my cc and shipping address 1000 times in thier database they'll block me from creating any more accounts?[/QUOTE]
Are you getting an error message?

[quote name='Nutts']Has anyone been denied an order for setting up multiple GCO accounts? How many different accounts has one made who has done this a lot. I can create my own e-mail addresses so I could theoretically do this forever? But it seems like once Google sees my cc and shipping address 1000 times in thier database they'll block me from creating any more accounts?[/QUOTE]
I think people were getting any where from 2 to 6 or 7 orders in before they were getting blocked.....that is, for those people would placed a ton of orderse right away like a month ago :) I'm waiting for this $20 CD I want to come out, gotta make sure I can use a GCO for that...

Just got the backorder notice on Shining Force, heh.

It would've been nice. Hopefully I'll get my $10 GCO discount credited back to my account once its cancelled.

[quote name='ckendal']I ordered Shining Force when it said in stock and now it says backordered. I wonder if I am ever going to get it. Any thoughts?[/quote]

Maybe?

I eventually did get all 3 Wii games, but it took a month and that was for product that was going to be restocked anyway. It took way, way longer to go off of backorder than it should have, given that the games I ordered that went on backorder were available everywhere.

For what it's worth, I didn't see anything in this sale that would make me want to chance an order with them.

From what others have said, if you have to contact customer service, be nice and persistent and document everything.

[quote name='crewj']got the backordered message too... blah[/QUOTE]

Got one too. Of Jak II and King Kong, only Jak was backordered for me. I don't really care since I was after KK.

Star Fox Assault is terrible, I bought it for $15 and feel ripped off. It's not worth more than $5.

[quote name='lee337']Got one too. Of Jak II and King Kong, only Jak was backordered for me. I don't really care since I was after KK.[/QUOTE]

Same here - but I wonder if that means the GCO will be invalid if they ship King Kong and charge for them separately? If that's the case I'd rather they charge me for both and not ship the Jak II at all :lol:.

[quote name='David85']Star Fox Assault is terrible, I bought it for $15 and feel ripped off. It's not worth more than $5.[/QUOTE]

Care to part with your copy, for $5? :D

I got in on this as soon as the OP posted. Ordered King Kong and Friends of Mineral Town. Haven't gotten a back order notification yet.

[quote name='io']Same here - but I wonder if that means the GCO will be invalid if they ship King Kong and charge for them separately? If that's the case I'd rather they charge me for both and not ship the Jak II at all :lol:.[/QUOTE]

According to the TRU online CR rep I talked to today...if it was bought through Google Checkout, all the charges are up front. If it was TRU.com, they charge as they ship. Looks like we will be ok regardless of when poor stepchild Jak decides to show up.

[quote name='lee337']According to the TRU online CR rep I talked to today...if it was bought through Google Checkout, all the charges are up front. If it was TRU.com, they charge as they ship. Looks like we will be ok regardless of when poor stepchild Jak decides to show up.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks. That is good to know. I was going to call to see if I could switch Jak II for something else so it stays over $10 but just haven't had time for that. It looks like they are cooling their heels on the King Kong. Either they are waiting for Jak to send out, or they are just being slow :lol:.

I mean, I like that most stores (like Amazon) only charge you for what they ship that day. But in this case, I'd just prefer they charge the full amount so the Google discount is secure, ship King Kong ASAP, and then worry about what to do with Jak II later - either they can send that when they get it, allow us to switch for something else, or refund (though, in that case, will Google keep it?).

[quote name='Chitown021']Are those all the games and items listed under the "clearance" catagory on the site? If so check out South Park for the Dreamcast.... It's a preorder with a release date of 11/25/2099.[/quote]

OMG! Sega is back with Dreamcast II. I always knew that they weren't going to stay out of the hardware business. :roll: Let the rumors start!!!

dam looks like everything is cleaned out, surpised to see nobody jumped on yakuza? looks like it will be one of those bargain titles you see for 9.99 or less later!

SSSHHHIIIIT. I was just about to post this and not only do I find it already posted, but I find out that a bunch of awesome games at awesome prices were actually listed. Damn damn damn! ;P

I just received a cancellation email from toysrus.com for the 360 King Kong in my order:

"
Thank you for your recent purchase from Toys"R"Us & Babies"R"Us!

We would like to let you know that some or all of the items from your
order #******* are unavailable at this time, and we have cancelled from your order. We apologize
for any
inconvenience this may cause.

The following item(s) have been cancelled, and you will not be charged for them:

Item Name: XB360 KING KONG
Model/Article: FB3EF315 One Color
Quantity: 1 @ $ 9.98

"

A few days earlier I got a shipping confirmation for my filler item, the Pocket Travel Maze. I only included this so I would be able to use the $10 off Google Checkout promotion. I better not get stuck with paying $6 for some Pocket Maze and no King Kong.

This has the potential of getting very frustrating, very fast.

Any suggestions?

[quote name='JCDenton']Hello. My suggestion is that Toys R Us just pwn3d you.

lol @ you[/quote]

How is that a suggestion? lol @ your education

[quote name='JeffreyLebowski']I just received a cancellation email from toysrus.com for the 360 King Kong in my order:

"

order #******* are unavailable at this time, and we have cancelled from your order. We apologize
for any

The following item(s) have been cancelled, and you will not be charged for them:

"

A few days earlier I got a shipping confirmation for my filler item, the Pocket Travel Maze. I only included this so I would be able to use the $10 off Google Checkout promotion. I better not get stuck with paying $6 for some Pocket Maze and no King Kong.

Any suggestions?[/quote]

Welcome to GCO hell! I've been there, and there's nothing you can do it about it. It happened to me with Buy.com, and I don't think ToysRus is any better with their customer service. The only winner in this whole thing is google.:bomb:

[quote name='JeffreyLebowski']I just received a cancellation email from toysrus.com for the 360 King Kong in my order:

"

for any

"

Any suggestions?[/quote]

The fucking bastards did the same to me too. This is the first and last I will ever deal with ToyRUs.com.

Hmmmm... I got a cancellation for just Jak II, but not King Kong (which they claim shipped). I haven't been charged anything yet, but won't be too happy if this negates my Google checout bonus because I am 2 cents short. I didn't want to pay $15 for King Kong :bomb:. I just wish they'd charge me for Jak II anyway (because then the total would be $9.98). I sent a notice to TRU via Google asking if they could substitute Getaway Black Monday... Who knows where all this mess is going.

"

for any

"

Any suggestions?[/quote]

They did this to me at ritzcamera.com and I complained and I eventually ended up getting my money back for my whole order

I tried to use the google checkout around Christmas for a Wii bundle. Order hung around for 3 days before they canceled it. I passed up on another Wii in the meantime because I thought I had that one coming. Also lost the use of my "first time" order discount.

Seeing Worms for XBox at $10 seems intriguing.

Also, based on the King Kong cancellations, anyone know if TRU will pricematch their own website in-store?

Picked up Yakuza for $16.31 shipped after the GCO offer. Thanks OP! I have been waiting to pick this up for $30ish and got a far, far better deal.

bread's done
Back