Hands-free phone systems?

Rusty Ghia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
My girlfriend needs a hands-free phone set-up for her car. Not only is it illegal to hold a phone whilst driving here in California, but it's unsafe so I want to get her something. I'm sure that you're wondering why she doesn't just get a Bluetooth headset. You see, she's deaf in one ear and when she uses a headset, she can't hear traffic or sirens.

I vaguely remember that there is a way to put a mic into your car and have the sounds come out through the speakers. How does such a system work? Are there other options that I should look into?

Help me, CAG.

Hmm, I'll check with her if she'd like one of those, Shrike. However, she did mention that she would prefer not have to reach up to the sun visor as she is a little thing and drives a fairly large car. She was hoping to get something that has buttons on the steering wheel itself. I'm guessing that is a factory option from the car manufacturer though.

Wired-in solutions are normally factory-installed options and usually hook in with Bluetooth, though I think there are some aftermarket options you can find.

Google is worth checking into for some ideas.

Motorola T505 is pretty nice. It broadcasts to FM. I have it linked to a phone and 2nd Gen Touch simultaneously. It switches between calls/music with no problems. Its a visor mount though.

bread's done
Back