Hannah Montana PSP $139.99 shipped @ Newegg.com

KillerRamen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...L112709-_-VideoGameConsoles-_-LE8A-_-68110041

They must really be having trouble getting these things out the door...
It's $30 cheaper than the 3000 Core systems.

Amazon has it for $170
B&M Wal-Marts have their exclusive Hannah Montana systems clearanced @ $140.

[The system is lilac with no Hannah Montana markings. It comes with a 2GB memory card, a game, a UMD of Hannah Montana episodes and Hannah Montana stickers.]

Might be worth it if one could buy a replacement shell on eBay... or cheaper yet, get a different colored skin. GOOD DEAL!

[quote name='hordak']Might be worth it if one could buy a replacement shell on eBay... or cheaper yet, get a different colored skin. GOOD DEAL![/QUOTE]

The unit looks really good in person. There's no need for a shell or skin (IMO).

[quote name='KillerRamen']http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...L112709-_-VideoGameConsoles-_-LE8A-_-68110041

They must really be having trouble getting these things out the door...
It's $30 cheaper than the 3000 Core systems.

Amazon has it for $170
B&M Wal-Marts have their exclusive Hannah Montana systems clearanced @ $140.

[The system is lilac with no Hannah Montana markings. It comes with a 2GB memory card, a game, a UMD of Hannah Montana episodes and Hannah Montana stickers.][/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kendro']That's a great deal. No tax and Bing cashback means $126 flat. I'd bite but I have a CFW PSP 2000.
1.gif
[/QUOTE]
Yeah I agree this is heck of a deal, However, this deal is too late for me.

That's great. I'd buy it even with Hannah Montana markings. It's my favorite colour too. Too bad I already have a PSP :(

[quote name='Xizer']That's great. I'd buy it even with Hannah Montana markings. It's my favorite colour too. Too bad I already have a PSP :([/QUOTE]

You can never have enough PSP's. :)

Well, after some research, apparently the PSP-3000 is a pile of shit. You can't run any homebrew on the newer ones, and on the older ones, you can't even install a custom firmware to it! You have to use a really backwards way to run CFW on it and you can't even turn the damn thing off, you have to leave it in sleep mode all the time.

No wonder these things are going so cheaply. They suck ass. I'll stick with my fatty PSP-1000 :p

[quote name='Xizer']Well, after some research, apparently the PSP-3000 is a pile of shit. You can't run any homebrew on the newer ones, and on the older ones, you can't even install a custom firmware to it! You have to use a really backwards way to run CFW on it and you can't even turn the damn thing off, you have to leave it in sleep mode all the time.

No wonder these things are going so cheaply. They suck ass. I'll stick with my fatty PSP-1000 :p[/QUOTE]

you know, psp is intended to play psp games. not homebrew software.

[quote name='Xizer']Well, after some research, apparently the PSP-3000 is a pile of shit. You can't run any homebrew on the newer ones, and on the older ones, you can't even install a custom firmware to it! You have to use a really backwards way to run CFW on it and you can't even turn the damn thing off, you have to leave it in sleep mode all the time.

No wonder these things are going so cheaply. They suck ass. I'll stick with my fatty PSP-1000 :p[/QUOTE]

If you don't care about the scene, it is a very good device. Battery life is great. It's light. Does both component and composite out. ETC. ETC.

But doesn't the PSP3000 support TV-out to a non-progressive scan TV? That would make it a deal for me.

If anyone wants a psp I have one for sale on my TL. 2000 Ice Silver Model with very light scratching, case, charger 3 games(crisis core,god of war, metal gear solid portable ops), 2 umd movies, 2 memory sticks which I can load with FF VII & Suikoden off of PSN.

:)

[quote name='Astroranagun']in kmart BF deal got free PS3 assassin's creed 2 when you buy assassin's creed psp bundle...till 11am today...[/QUOTE]

And you waited till almost 7pm to tell us, thanks. :lol::booty::applause:

[quote name='Chuplayer']But doesn't the PSP3000 support TV-out to a non-progressive scan TV? That would make it a deal for me.[/QUOTE]

Yes. She my reply above.

[quote name='hordak']Yes. She my reply above.[/QUOTE]

The 2000 also "does component and composite out" but only for movies, XMB, pictures, maybe other stuff. It's component and progressive only for games.

Wikipedia says 3000 can output anything over 480i, so that's cool. Maybe I'll pick up one of these Hannah Montana things if they're still available next week. I'd feel guilty getting one right now without finishing my Christmas shopping.

I think the biggest problem is that it's a PSP-3000 which no one really wants since the hackability is so poor, and the second problem is that the target demographic is more interested in the Wii & DS. The PSP is seen as a more geekier, technical handheld.

Naysayers be damned, in for one. diggin the lilac. Probably sell the game, unless the trade-in value isn't greater than the shame of having it in the first place. Not too concerned with homebrew frankly.

[quote name='Xizer']I think the biggest problem is that it's a PSP-3000 which no one really wants since the hackability is so poor, and the second problem is that the target demographic is more interested in the Wii & DS. The PSP is seen as a more geekier, technical handheld.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Maybe they were trying to de-niche the PSP with this and it didn't quite work.

Nevertheless--I bought this. Gawd I love Miley Cyrus--I mean, the color purple. Yeah. PURPLE!!! NOT LILAC!!!!

Bah, seeing the lilac color around the screen while playing ruins it for me. Despite the lack of homebrew, I'd get this one over the others. If you're a fighter junkie, this is the PSP you want since it has the best D-Pad of all the other PSPs. CFW scene is dying anyway >_>

[quote name='justinslot']Exactly. Maybe they were trying to de-niche the PSP with this and it didn't quite work.

Nevertheless--I bought this. Gawd I love Miley Cyrus--I mean, the color purple. Yeah. PURPLE!!! NOT LILAC!!!![/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. Purple is my favorite color and it pisses me off that only the PSP-3000 is available in this color. Sigh...

best buy has them for 149.99 warning the games are not Full games.. no cases no manuals..

just games in paper sleves... going to try to return the system opened for a full refund saying i thoughi was getting the full games like the box shows after xmas since i lost my freaking recept somewhere and my credit card statement wont come until late dec

our best buy workers wont look up credit card purchases without proof for some reason

Deal must be dead, the link give it as $159.99. I might Check out Best Buy, but argh, not the day to head out the door.

[quote name='Chuplayer']The 2000 also "does component and composite out" but only for movies, XMB, pictures, maybe other stuff. It's component and progressive only for games.[/QUOTE]

The 3000 does it regardless of the media; in other words, games work fine too using composite which the 2000 can't do. :)

[quote name='Rodster']Really? :lol:[/QUOTE]

We're still on 5.50, OFW is on 6.20 and we BARELY got T6 working. I'd say it's not doing too well. ;)

Dang sucks I missed this :( I would have just gotten a faceplate for it. I am considering going with a blue psp on ebay for $120 with free shipping (used though..) Sucks there was really no good psp deals for black friday.

[quote name='jd2k9']Dang sucks I missed this :( I would have just gotten a faceplate for it. I am considering going with a blue psp on ebay for $120 with free shipping (used though..) Sucks there was really no good psp deals for black friday.[/QUOTE]
From what I have seen in my local Walmart ad this week the "Hannah Montana PSP Bundle" is still 139 online and probably in store.

bread's done
Back