Happy 10th anniversary StarCraft!

eswat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Here's to another 10 years, you old crazy bastard.

http://www.blizzard.com/us/press/10-years-starcraft.html

http://blizzplanet.com/news/2245/

samwiseilovesczx5.jpg

When it first came out we had a computer store downtown with a LAN. I had developed an unbreakable (he he, at the time) late game strategy where I would pump out around 15 ghost agents... i'd have them all cloaked and around half of them would launch nukes at once via hotkeys.. but the others would be out in the field too among the one calling down the thunder. no one would be sure which ghost to attack. they'd kill a few but usually not the right ones.

it was quite a (aural) sight to hear "Nuclear Launch Detected. Nuc- Nuc- Nuclear- Nuc- Nuc- Nuc - Nuclear Launch Detected."

Total vaporization!

StarCraft was the first game I had received that had a CD-Key. I didn't know WTF these things were used for until the game asked me to enter it. So I did, and ripped it off the case afterwards, thinking I wouldn't need it anymore.

Well... shit.

Other than that, good memories.

Shit, 10 years and I still haven't finished the campaign.

(Never liked the game that much.)

While I bitch, moan, and complain at our high school reunion LAN parties, that we are playing a 10 year old game. I have to admit it still has legs, and I just reinstalled it on my machine to tool around with when I am on project.

Thanks Blizzard for making my gaming machine run something I believe my toast has enough memory for.

It will always be memorable for me as the first online game I ever played. I had to buy a new copy recently to replace my long lost original. It holds up very well to this day.

I can't believe it's been 10 years already. And yet, in all that time I still haven't found another RTS game as fun and addictive as Starcraft. Command & Conquer was pretty good then got steady worse with each sequel. Supreme Commander felt like nothing but turtling. Same with Age of Empires. Dawn of War/Company of Heroes just didn't feel right with the squad based combat. Homeworld 2 cheated the entire game. I'm sure there are a few others I'm forgetting but I've played many of them. Nothing matches up to Starcraft.

While I bitch, moan, and complain at our high school reunion LAN parties, that we are playing a 10 year old game. I have to admit it still has legs, and I just reinstalled it on my machine to tool around with when I am on project.

Thanks Blizzard for making my gaming machine run something I believe my toast has enough memory for.

It will always be memorable for me as the first online game I ever played. I had to buy a new copy recently to replace my long lost original. It holds up very well to this day.

I can't believe it's been 10 years already. And yet, in all that time I still haven't found another RTS game as fun and addictive as Starcraft. Command & Conquer was pretty good then got steady worse with each sequel. Supreme Commander felt like nothing but turtling. Same with Age of Empires. Dawn of War/Company of Heroes just didn't feel right with the squad based combat. Homeworld 2 cheated the entire game. I'm sure there are a few others I'm forgetting but I've played many of them. Nothing matches up to Starcraft.

bread's done
Back