Happy Easter CAG!

[quote name='Bill Hicks']"They (Australians) celebrate Easter the exact same way we do: commemorating the death and resurrection of Jesus by telling our children a giant bunny rabbit left chocolate eggs in the night. Now, I wonder why we’re fucked up as a race. Anybody got any idea? You know, I’ve read the Bible. I can’t find the word bunny or chocolate anywhere in the fucking book. Where do they come up with this shit? Why not goldfish left Lincoln logs in your sock drawer? As long as you’re making shit up - you know - go hog-wild. At least the goldfish with a Lincoln log on its back going across your carpet has some miraculous connotations: 'Mum, today I found a Lincoln log in my sock drawer.' 'That’s the story of Jesus.'"[/quote]

Amen.

Kicking ass indeed. I don't understand why people ask what bunnies and easter eggs have to do with jesus, what the hell do christmas trees, wreaths, yule logs, etc. have to do with jesus? People don't know shit about holidays, apparently.

You should really be asking what does Jesus have to do with those times of the year. The time around christmas was a holiday of sorts for centuries before Jesus came around. And Easter is really the celebration of nature. Catholics over time have just moved their religion over these celebrated times to help convert more people to their religion.

Since I know some are now offended and will flame me all I'll say is read up on it before you do.

[quote name='SpazX']Kicking ass indeed. I don't understand why people ask what bunnies and easter eggs have to do with Jesus, what the hell do Christmas trees, wreaths, yule logs, etc. have to do with Jesus? People don't know shit about holidays, apparently.[/quote]
well easter is a heathen god of eggs day resurrection day is what we in the USA celebrate :bouncy:

[quote name='SithFran']You should really be asking what does Jesus have to do with those times of the year. The time around christmas was a holiday of sorts for centuries before Jesus came around. And Easter is really the celebration of nature. Catholics over time have just moved their religion over these celebrated times to help convert more people to their religion.

Since I know some are now offended and will flame me all I'll say is read up on it before you do.[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I was saying, those holidays were around way before christianity was and are now celebrated as a mixture of many different traditions.

And :rofl: to corporaljackson

[quote name='SithFran']You should really be asking what does Jesus have to do with those times of the year. The time around christmas was a holiday of sorts for centuries before Jesus came around. And Easter is really the celebration of nature. Catholics over time have just moved their religion over these celebrated times to help convert more people to their religion.[/quote]

I have to agree with you there. An Ex of mine was a pagan and had taught me about the origins of Easter. It's the celebration of life and virility; hence the Bunny and an Egg. Bunny because they're one of the animals with the largest libido besides my Ex and an egg because why the hell not.

Anyway, I found it funny yesterday when tons of people were wishing me happy easter yesterday during work, but only one lady said "Happy Resurrection" and stared at me a while afterward.

bread's done
Back