Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAG Community,

Battlefield 3: $34.95
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3: $34.99 - Price will change shortly
Nuclear Dawn: $3.99

Updated with links :)

Before I start getting the "In for 1" or "Cool story bro" responses to this thread, here's the deal:

Link to Deals Page

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
: $9.99
Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition: $10.99
Civilization IV: Complete: $8.99
Borderlands Game of the Year: $5.99
Mafia II: $5.99

The 2K Mega Pack: $34.99 containing:

BioShock
BioShock 2
Borderlands GOTY
Duke Nukem Forever
Duke Nukem Icons
Duke Nukem Dr DLC
CivCity Rome
Mafia II
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
Stronghold Collection

The 2K Strategy Pack: $14.99 contains:

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
Stronghold Collection

The 2K Shooter Pack: $16.99

BioShock
BioShock 2
Borderlands GOTY
Duke Nukem Forever
Duke Nukem DLC
Duke Nukem Dr DLC

Now that we've got that out of the way I can post my holiday message!

I'll post this into the Amazon PCDD Uber Mega Super Thread as well but I wanted to take this opportunity to wish all of you a happy, relaxing, gaming filled holiday season.

I've been posting here since August and the response/participation/feedback has been phenomenal. We've taken our deals from that first "HUGE Strategy first bundle" to more exciting deals like Dungeon Siege III for $5, and Shogun 2 for $7.50. Although we can't always accommodate everything this community looks for (you guys are demanding ;) ), I hope you all feel that your input is hear, absorbed, and acted upon.

I think the coolest thing we've done since August is have a great time. Thanks for being such an awesome community. In 2012 we'll be bringing you even better deals, and different, hopefully innovative, ways to feel rewarded for taking advantage of them.

So thanks again for being such an awesome community and providing honest, helpful, and oftentimes friendly, feedback.

Here's to a great holiday, and looking forward to an absolutely stellar 2012!

Cheers,
T-Money

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bwrobins']Try right clicking on the game in your library and clicking on "view downloadable content" and see if the dlc is included, otherwise amazon might be handing out the wrong keys.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks for that-- I'm seeing a ton of DLC so that must be it:

Civ and Scenario Pack - Denmark
Civ and Scenario Pack - Mongols, Genghis Khan
Civ and Scenario Pack - Polynesia
Civ Pack - Babylon Nebuchadnezzar II
Cradle of Civilization - Americas
Cradle of Civilization - Asia
Cradle of Civilization - Mediterranean
Cradle of Civilization - Mesopotamia
Double Civ and Scenario Pack - Spain, Isabella and Inca
Multiplayer Map Pack 1

-- Is that everything I should see? Is there any difference otherwise, if this is just seen as buying Civ V + all of the DLC? (i.e., the core game/engine is the same?)

And where would I see the soundtrack it's supposed to come with?

[quote name='Justin42']Ok, thanks for that-- I'm seeing a ton of DLC so that must be it:

Multiplayer Map Pack 1

-- Is that everything I should see? Is there any difference otherwise, if this is just seen as buying Civ V + all of the DLC? (i.e., the core game/engine is the same?)

And where would I see the soundtrack it's supposed to come with?[/QUOTE]

Did this get resolved? Sorry if I missed something, crazy day over here.

Cheers,
T-Money

>request Dead Island in a previous thread
>T-money says "Sorry bro, nothing I can do."
>come here
>Dead Island 13 bucks

You magnificent bastard you. Take my money!

[quote name='Logain8955']>request Dead Island in a previous thread
>T-money says "Sorry bro, nothing I can do."
>come here
>Dead Island 13 bucks

You magnificent bastard you. Take my money![/QUOTE]

Lol, awesome post. I told you guys a couple of things:

1. I hear your feedback
2. I advocate for it
3. I can't always make it happen

Thanks for:

1. Providing your feedback
2. Making it worth it for me to advocate for it (by making the sales successful and spreading the good word).
3. Not crucifying me too bad when I can't make it happen

Happy Holidays :). If you have any friends on the fence about DI, tell them they have a very narrow window to take advantage of an awesome price.

Cheers,
T-Money

[quote name='nervousxtian']Risen dead?[/QUOTE]

Yes there are some issues post-installation that we need to get resolved before putting it back up on sale. I'm pulling it from the OP.

Cheers,
T-Money

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yes there are some issues post-installation that we need to get resolved before putting it back up on sale. I'm pulling it from the OP.

Cheers,
T-Money[/QUOTE]

Will Risen be coming back at it's sale price? I was right about to buy the game and then it got pulled.

EDIT: Nevermind, saw your answer in the other thread, thanks!

Just FYI, I got Borderlands GOTY on Amazon for $5.99 and was able to activate it on steam using the key listed on the Amazon "Your Games and Software Library" page. Personally I prefer Steam.

[quote name='chuckm79']Just FYI, I got Borderlands GOTY on Amazon for $5.99 and was able to activate it on steam using the key listed on the Amazon "Your Games and Software Library" page. Personally I prefer Steam.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed. I just did it also.

[quote name='tlwizard']For anybody who has purchased the Civ IV/V/Stronghold Pack, can anyone confirm if Civ IV and Stronghold activate on Steam?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know the answer to this as well.
Particularly the Stronghold Pack games since I already have the other stuff.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Did this get resolved? Sorry if I missed something, crazy day over here.

Cheers,
T-Money[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure if it's resolved or not. I don't see the soundtrack from the Civ V GOTY (do I have to do anything special to get it? or should it just install as a folder somewhere?) and I'm concerned that it doesn't show up in Steam as Civ V GOTY, just as Civ V + that DLC. Not trying to be a pain (because of the day and everything) but I do want to make sure I got the full GOTY-- is there any way for you to confirm the keys on your end are really the full GOTY product, since they don't register in Steam as such?

Thanks!

[quote name='HornyPony']How is Dead Island for single player?[/QUOTE]
I had a blast w/ it.
Fun to play alone and fun to play w/ people.
Can't go wrong either way, if you ask me.

If you like first-person ARPG's w/ constant loot flows where you'll be constantly getting new loot; upgrading and repairing weapons; AND constantly killing zombies, this is YOUR game.

I just wish the story was as amazing and as focused as original trailer's first impression left. The game's story and character depth is lacking.
Regardless, Dead Island is one of my fav's of 2011.

Picked up Dead Island and Dungeon Defenders. Awesome deals, thanks! Was totally bummed that DI had such a mediocre sale on Steam. This totally made up for that.

Also, I can't believe T-Money as a nickname stuck. :lol: I love this place.

Awesome deals. Too bad I have pretty much everything on the list, but I did buy a few more to gift to friends. Thanks for working with the community over the last several months and providing a ton of value to CAGs and Amazon both.

Edit - I noticed the questions on Civ IV activating on Steam. It does not do so.

[quote name='MysterD']
If you like first-person ARPG's w/ constant loot flows where you'll be constantly getting new loot; upgrading and repairing weapons; AND constantly killing zombies, this is YOUR game.[/QUOTE]

The 2nd point (repairing weapons, specifically) is what kills your third part for me. I hate having weapons degrading and breaking on me. I *loved* the feeling I got from bashing in a zombie's head after putting him down..only to find doing so often left me weaponless against the many hordes of zombies still around. I only put in about 5 hours, so perhaps it got better.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Awesome deals. Too bad I have pretty much everything on the list, but I did buy a few more to gift to friends. Thanks for working with the community over the last several months and providing a ton of value to CAGs and Amazon both.

Edit - I noticed the questions on Civ IV activating on Steam. It does not do so.

The 2nd point (repairing weapons, specifically) is what kills your third part for me. I hate having weapons degrading and breaking on me. I *loved* the feeling I got from bashing in a zombie's head after putting him down..only to find doing so often left me weaponless against the many hordes of zombies still around. I only put in about 5 hours, so perhaps it got better.[/QUOTE]

You start the game with I think 4 weapon slots, and that increases pretty quickly. The idea is to have multiple weapons that you can swap through so one doesn't get too damaged. I think I'm around level 7 and I have six weapon slots - plus, early in the game all the weapons suck anyway so you may as well tear through the crappy wooden planks, etc. and have a rusty pipe as backup.

Ah crap! Looks like Dungeon Defenders is sold out. I've been so busy today w/ the holiday that I didn;t order it earlier. Any chance Amazon is gonna restock on codes? :/

[quote name='wolve']Ah crap! Looks like Dungeon Defenders is sold out. I've been so busy today w/ the holiday that I didn;t order it earlier. Any chance Amazon is gonna restock on codes? :/[/QUOTE]

Nuts! I didn't even think it was possible! As a fellow 2003-er, I feel you...

[quote name='radioactivez0r']You start the game with I think 4 weapon slots, and that increases pretty quickly. The idea is to have multiple weapons that you can swap through so one doesn't get too damaged. I think I'm around level 7 and I have six weapon slots - plus, early in the game all the weapons suck anyway so you may as well tear through the crappy wooden planks, etc. and have a rusty pipe as backup.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it is just that most of the early weapons were pretty boring, so I really did not care. I wanted to be able to bash every zombie into annihilation (as that was the only thing I really liked about the game), but could not do so, even with multiple weapon slots. I hate having to micromanage every single hit I am doing to a zombie in what should be a mindless action game.

That's just me though. It may have been that I didn't care for a lot of other aspects of the game that put me off of this as well.

[quote name='tlwizard']For anybody who has purchased the Civ IV/V/Stronghold Pack, can anyone confirm if Civ IV and Stronghold activate on Steam?[/QUOTE]

Civ IV Complete = DRM free
Stronghold Pack = DRM free
Civ V GOTY = Steam-required

[quote name='Justin42']Ok, thanks for that-- I'm seeing a ton of DLC so that must be it:

Multiplayer Map Pack 1

And where would I see the soundtrack it's supposed to come with?[/QUOTE]

This is what it said on Steam for the Civ V GOTY version:

• Sid Meier's Civilization® V
  • All 4 Cradle of Civilization Map Packs (Mediterranean, Asia, Americas, Mesopotamia)
  • Civilization Pack: Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II)
  • Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca
  • Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia
  • Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark - The Vikings
  • Explorer’s Map Pack
  • Official Digital Soundtrack

[quote name='wolve']Ah crap! Looks like Dungeon Defenders is sold out. I've been so busy today w/ the holiday that I didn;t order it earlier. Any chance Amazon is gonna restock on codes? :/[/QUOTE]
Yeah,same thing happened to me. By the time (11 EST?) I had a free moment to take a short break and place my order, Dungeon Defenders was listed as "unavailable". :cry: It never occurred to me that it could go OOS, so I gave it a low priority on my Christmas Eve to-do list. Oh, well...

[quote name='NoDAK']Yeah,same thing happened to me. By the time (11 EST?) I had a free moment to take a short break and place my order, Dungeon Defenders was listed as "unavailable". :cry: It never occurred to me that it could go OOS, so I gave it a low priority on my Christmas Eve to-do list. Oh, well...[/QUOTE]
Yeah live and learn. Well glad I grabbed Renegade Ops and Just Cause 2. :)

bread's done
Back