Happy Maddenoliday 2006!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']fuck Madden, fuck EA, and fuck the NFL.[/QUOTE]

fuck you, fuck your mom, fuck your dad, fuck your dog. ;)

madden for fucking life!!!!

[quote name='jimbo12457']I love madden, but I hate having my 360 being repaired and not being able to play it[/quote]

Jimbo, I feel your pain.

Bill Gates is fixing mine as well.

[quote name='Apossum']wtf is maddenoliday?[/QUOTE]

It's the day of the year when those who like Madden rush out to the store and buy the game. Those that don't buy it immediately usually bitch about Madden, EA, the NFL license, and comment on how ESPN NFL 2K5 is allegedly the far superior game.

[quote name='captainfrizo']It's the day of the year when those who like Madden rush out to the store and buy the game. Those that don't buy it immediately usually bitch about Madden, EA, the NFL license, and comment on how ESPN NFL 2K5 is allegedly the far superior game.[/quote]
Actually, Maddenoliday refers specifically to the scores of people who take vacation/sick days the day of Madden's release to play non-stop.

daroga beat me to generic Madden questions, but:

The last Madden I played was 04 on the PC. Outside of graphics, what are the major advancements in gameplay the last few releases?

I tried NCAA 05 on the GameCube, and I found the controls obnoxious, after being used to the ease and precision of the PC controls for years. Does Madden control similarly on consoles(meaning I shouldn't even bother if I couldn't stand NCAA) or does it have a different feel to it (meaning it probably controls like I'm used to)?

[quote name='captainfrizo']It's the day of the year when those who like Madden rush out to the store and buy the game. Those that don't buy it immediately usually bitch about Madden, EA, the NFL license, and comment on how ESPN NFL 2K5 is allegedly the far superior game.[/QUOTE]There you go.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']fuck Madden, fuck EA, and fuck the NFL.[/quote]

Then why did you even bother coming into this thread then? Go back to your Anime and Babylon 5 forums.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Then why did you even bother coming into this thread then? Go back to your Anime and Babylon 5 forums.[/QUOTE]

To make sure the poll is scientifically accurate.

[quote name='daroga']Any word on current gen differences? Xbox vs. PS2 vs. Gamecube?[/quote]

IGN gave it an 8.3 for X-Box and PS2, while an 8.5 for X-Box 360. That was a red flag. If I were a current gen buyer, I would be pissed right now. Its basically saying the game isn't any different, except for "graphics" etc.

QFT x3

[quote name='dude2003']shelling out $60 for a game that will be $10 in 6 months. shame on you for calling yourself a CAG[/QUOTE]

But TEH eAZ TRAX R TEH WOerths ITZORZ!!!111!!!!! TEH NUWZ FEETTORz R TEh HUGE!!!1111!!!111 REGGIEZ VUZH!11!!

/VaginaGojira

Well, since there are no reviews, I picked up the 07 Madden for Gamecube at CC for $29 w/ tax. I'll get an impression or two here up tonight. Keep in mind, I'm not a huge football game nut, just wanted a fresh roster to play on and the Cube was the cheapest option.

[quote name='dude2003']shelling out $60 for a game that will be $10 in 6 months. shame on you for calling yourself a CAG[/QUOTE]

A lot of games will be $10 in 6 months. As a football fan I'd rather play it for those six months while the season is going on. Only non football fans can wait like that.

[quote name='SupremeNumNuts']A lot of games will be $10 in 6 months. As a football fan I'd rather play it for those six months while the season is going on. Only people who aren't dumbasses wait like that.[/QUOTE]

Fix'd.:bouncy:

[quote name='SupremeNumNuts']Your are in the minority in this argument.[/quote]

Well there are atleast 2 in the minority. I could really careless about getting Madden at launch, too many people I know get it then and I'll have somewhere to play it.

And I'd prefer to watch football during the season, rather than play Madden during the season. Madden, IMHO, is good for up to the start of season and after the Super Bowl, when you still want it to be around.

And the Pro Bowl, that just sucks, IMHO.

[quote name='SupremeNumNuts']A lot of games will be $10 in 6 months. As a football fan I'd rather play it for those six months while the season is going on. Only non football fans can wait like that.[/quote]

i'm a football fan but i am also a CAG. not gonna pay full price for a game that eventually will be $10 let alone knowing that it will be $10 6 months later.

bought a copy today. Even though I already have one ordered I couldn't wait the extra 2 days for my ordered one to get here. I'll just ebay that extra copy.

[quote name='SupremeNumNuts']Your are in the minority in this argument.[/QUOTE]

First of all, it's "you're". Second of all, look at the poll. I win.

[quote name='evanft']First of all, it's "you're". Second of all, look at the poll. I win.[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking about the poll. I'm talking about all the people that buy it every year.

I own Madden 07 and I enjoy the game sans the superstar modes suck ass camera. But I think the first option in the poll is who gives a fuck about maddenoilday. I bought the game with some store credit from eb and enjoy playing it online. I don't give a shit about the rest of the stuff.

[quote name='SupremeNumNuts']I'm not talking about the poll. I'm talking about all the people that buy it every year.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying the majority of console owners in the U.S. buy and enjoy Madden every year? Bollocks.

[quote name='evanft']So you're saying the majority of console owners in the U.S. buy and enjoy Madden every year? Bollocks.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, it's the truth, not necisarrily the majority, but it's the game that sells to those that just don't "get" games like Rez, Katamari Demacy, Final Fantasy MAXINT, etc.

I look at both my brother in laws game collections, and its eerily similar (XX representing the year they got their PS2), Madden XX, Madden XX+1, Madden XX+3, NBA Live XX, NBA Live XX +2, NBA Live XX+3, NHL XX+2, Tiger Woods XX, Tiger Woods XX +2, GTA3 (or Vice City/San Andreas) and a WWII FPS.

Both of them can't seem to fathom why I don't have Madden of any year (I've got '03 but it's on a perma-loan type deal) for a modern console, and why my collection is filled with "crazy games and games I don't understand" -direct quote.

The truth is CAGs don't make up the majority of console owners, nor do those that enjoy great, innovative games. Most console owners want the couple of games that they enjoy, and EA (sports) has that market cornered because of their long-standing brand name.

But there are 10s of millions of console owners in the U.S. Madden can't possibly be selling that many copies every year.

[quote name='evanft']So you're saying the majority of console owners in the U.S. buy and enjoy Madden every year? Bollocks.[/quote]

People do live in canada, too.

[quote name='evanft']But there are 10s of millions of console owners in the U.S. Madden can't possibly be selling that many copies every year.[/QUOTE]

It's a formula of (Copies of Madden)/(Console Installed Base) that gives the surprising figures. Compare that percentage to virtually any other game, and the results are even more astonishing.

If you really want to be surprised take all versions of Madden sold for PS2 in North America (2001-2007, plus all collectors editions)/Installed North America PS2 units.

bread's done
Back