Hard Drive or Memory Card

Reno Takamiya

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I've been looking at Hardrives for the 360 and Memory Cards
But the highest I've seen is a 512MB memory card.
But the price of a Hard Drive on amazon is pretty cheap but I still don't have the money for a 120. Would a lower hard drive be a good investment for right now? Because I was wondering if you can use the memory card like the hard drive and install it on there and make it faster on loading screens.

If money is your issue then loading games faster shouldn't be, no offense, because as far as I know you have to have a Microsoft Xbox 360 hard drive to be able to install games to, I don't know the details as to why but I'm sure google can find out for you.

As far as I'm aware you can only install games to a Microsoft hard drive, but as an alternative to that just solely for storage, you can use a thumb drive in the USB port.

If you're 'tech savy' enough you can also buy a regular lap top hard drive and use that if you already have a hard drive or can find a hard drive shroud or really just the SATA adapter for a hard drive.

[quote name='hustletron']If money is your issue then loading games faster shouldn't be, no offense, because as far as I know you have to have a Microsoft Xbox 360 hard drive to be able to install games to, I don't know the details as to why but I'm sure google can find out for you.

As far as I'm aware you can only install games to a Microsoft hard drive, but as an alternative to that just solely for storage, you can use a thumb drive in the USB port.

If you're 'tech savy' enough you can also buy a regular lap top hard drive and use that if you already have a hard drive or can find a hard drive shroud or really just the SATA adapter for a hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Well I really want to play The Last Remnant and I'm worried about the frame rate issue. I don't mind waiting awhile for the attack to happen I just want to know is it takes a few minutes for it to happen during battle.

That's why I wanted to know about the HDD.

[quote name='Reno Takamiya']Well I really want to play The Last Remnant and I'm worried about the frame rate issue. I don't mind waiting awhile for the attack to happen I just want to know is it takes a few minutes for it to happen during battle.

That's why I wanted to know about the HDD.[/QUOTE]

I really have no clue what you're talking about, never played the game so I don't know, so I'm sorry I couldn't be more help.

Most games run fine without being installed to the hard drive but with this game in particular I don't know.

Typically frame rate issues don't have anything to do with reading off the disc/hard drive, it's just the Xbox hard ware having a tough time rendering everything that's going on at the same time as fast as it should be rendered.

More than likely, being installed to the hard drive won't help your frame rate issue. PC games that have FPS issues either aren't made very well or the hard ware they are being run on is sub par, ie. not enough ram or not good enough video card.

From what I understand, installing the game does help with framerate issues and loading times of Last Remnant. And you can simply buy a USB drive to install to (up to 16GB worth).

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']I have halo reach installed on a USB harddrive. Works pretty well.[/QUOTE]

I never tried, I guess I should, but I read somewhere someone was saying you can only install Reach to a MS hard drive.

And this is news to me regarding last remnant.

[quote name='GamE2131']Game(s) can be installed to a hard drive connected to the 360 with USB???[/QUOTE]
Any form of USB storage where the game will fit. Flash drives or external harddrives.

Infact the only thing I've found doesn't work with USB storage is in halo games. Coop, theater and fileshare. You can still share maps in custom games though.

A memory card related question.

I have a 512MB card with the Worms game pre-installed. I can't copy it to my HDD. Is playing it off the memory card is my only option?

[quote name='GamE2131']Game(s) can be installed to a hard drive connected to the 360 with USB???[/QUOTE]

Technically yes, but you are still limited to Microsoft's arbitrary limit of 16GB max allocated space for USB devices on the 360 so why bother with hdd, stick to thumb drives.

[quote name='eau']A memory card related question.

I have a 512MB card with the Worms game pre-installed. I can't copy it to my HDD. Is playing it off the memory card is my only option?[/QUOTE]

Correct.

bread's done
Back